Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Very Much Looking Forward To Melee Riven Disposition Updates

BornWithTeeth

Couple of reasons, really.

1. Looking forward to seeing if any slightly obscure weapons get a Dispo buff. I almost never see anyone using the Sheev, which remains one of my favourite weapons, so I wonder what might happen there. Then again, the Sheev is secretly really good, so I dunno what might happen there. I privately think that the Sydon and Vaykor Sydon deserve slightly better Disposition than they currently have, but they're pretty functional. Expect Dragon Nikana Disposition nerfs to be honest.

2. Genuinely curious about what the change might reveal about DE's own thinking about weapon balance, because, uh...let's just say that DE's view on what's a 'good' weapon may no longer quite match the community's ideas.

3. Delicious salt from players raging about how a Riven being 11% less effective means their entire build is ruined forever and ever and that weapon must now go in the trash.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Ham_Grenabe said:

I don't take half-measures: I deleted all of my melee weapons this morning. Better safe than sorry. 

This guy knows how to respond to updates in a responsible, balanced, and forward looking fashion. He gets it. 

Edited by BornWithTeeth

Yep. 

I'm also very interested in some  range weapon dispos.  For instance, a lot of people think the performance of the Aksomati and Akso Prime are too close together after rivens are taken into account.  Does the prime dispo get buffed?  The base get nerfed?  Neither one, or...the opposite? 🤪

7 minutes ago, Ham_Grenabe said:

I don't take half-measures: I deleted all of my melee weapons this morning. Better safe than sorry. 

I've done that and also deleted all my Kavats, Syandana, and nano spores.   Also burned my stamp collection IRL.   Just to be sure.

2 hours ago, LoneWolveYoutube said:

I just want all the old-meta melees to get buffed.  

TBH I wouldn't mind never hearing the sound of Atterax spam again.

Edited by Guest

54 minutes ago, NigglesAU said:

Why even bother with rivens anymore if people KNOW the changes can and will happen?.i actually wish they didnt change it sometimes... Hidden gems of weapons are better stayed hidden...

Because rivens are still a good source of plat, and even dispo 1 rivens are worth using, if the roll is good enough.

The disposition updates have never, EVER generated a lot of positive feedback. The only ones who like them are people who enjoy to have their toys broken and/or taken away from them, the rest of the playerbase just curses silently seeing how rivens for good weapons become worse and useless weapons remain useless regardless of their riven dispo.

Hint: It means you should REALLY consider admitting that riven system is a failure, locking all dispositions at 1.0 forever and never touching them again until you think of a way to rework it, DE...

Edited by Reifnir
  • Like 2

Just now, Reifnir said:

The disposition updates have never, EVER generated a lot of positive feedback. The only ones who like them are people who enjoy to have their toys broken and/or taken away from them, the rest of the playerbase just curses silently seeing how rivens for good weapons become worse and useless weapons remain useless regardless of their riven dispo.

Hint: In means you should REALLY consider admitting that riven system is a failure, locking all dispositions at 1.0 forever and never touching them again until you think of a way to rework it. 

Oh wow early dispo change salt

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Reifnir said:

Hint: It means you should REALLY consider admitting that riven system is a failure, locking all dispositions at 1.0 forever and never touching them again until you think of a way to rework it, DE...

The riven system was a great success when players could keep the stats they roll and trade them. Ever since DE started to adjust or nerf them aggressively, the system has become trash. The philosophy behind the logic of nerfing them angers many players every time Rivens get nerfed. 

10 hours ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Then again, the Sheev is secretly really good,

not anymore it's not, you just told everyone! YOU FOOL, WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?... but in all seriousness while it's a Decent weapon, daggers really lost their edge (pun intended) when Cover Lethality got nerfed.

I privately think that the Sydon and Vaykor Sydon deserve slightly better Disposition than they currently have, but they're pretty functional.

I agree, also Vaykor Sydon needs a new passive, the current one doesn't work with Auto-blocking, and IMO it was never that great to begin with. 

Expect Dragon Nikana Disposition nerfs to be honest.

ok but why though? 99% of Nikana users I see use the Prime or Skiajati. if anything the Dragon should get a buff, or a unique passive, anything to make it more than an intermediate between Vanilla Nikana and Nikana prime/Skiajati.

.let's just say that DE's view on what's a 'good' weapon may no longer quite match the community's ideas.

no longer? I don't think it EVER matched, not for a second.

Delicious salt from players raging about how a Riven being 11% less effective means their entire build is ruined forever and ever and that weapon must now go in the trash.

this one you can basically bank on, especially from the ones who fork out stupid amounts of platinum. yes, that's right, I laugh at you. we don't think "wow that Riven must be good!" or "he must be rich!", I instead at worst think "I wish I could get a shmuck who would buy some trash from me at that price." other times I laugh and move on with my day.

there aren't even any Rivens I want anymore, besides maybe Chakkhurr, Ayanga, Grattler and Tatsu, and all of those are rare as unicorn farts, expensive as hell or both. I've never felt like I needed Rivens to be viable at dealing damage, just wanted them for my favourite guns to make them even more fun, but of course, not everybody sees it that way..

• Like 1