Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need help understanding how Railjack intrinsic are earned

Jackdarsan

Question

Hi All, 

I can already see a basic explanation in the WIKI;

Intrinsic Points are earned by gaining Affinity from completing Empyrean missions and performing actions that aid in the mission's success, such as repairing hull damage, killing boarding parties, etc. The rate at which these points are earned is affected by Affinity Boosters and the relevant Mod TT 20pxCharm buff.

However, i see 7 intrinsic shown for Veil missions, yet I have never received 7 intrinsic for completing the missions to date. I would engineer (make sure flux, etc is maxed),  repair the ship, kill the boarders, gun some ships down and even board ships/objectives and only get 4 intrinsic. 

Could someone explain what I need to do to get 7 per mission?

5 answers to this question

If you take the time to kill the crew ship crews, and everyone on the objectives, you can squeeze out some more XP. Also, if you arrange to get yourself boarded as much as possible, to max out the number of guys you kill, that helps too.

If you are by yourself, or your party doesn't mind the extra time, you can use ivara or similar frames to put everyone to sleep and then X them, to get a full 5x stealth kill xp multiplier goining, so your xp grinding is 5 times as effective.
This may also cause side effects like bleeding from eyes, use only as directed by doctor, etc.

OMG, I had known this yet I still somehow thought that is the reward you earn. 

So does that mean you can earn the same amount of intrinsics on any mission even earth or is Veil missions best to earn the most?

Also what is the most someone has earned per mission, less booster/pet buff?

Edited by Jackdarsan

17 hours ago, Crusher_Bob said:

If you take the time to kill the crew ship crews, and everyone on the objectives, you can squeeze out some more XP. Also, if you arrange to get yourself boarded as much as possible, to max out the number of guys you kill, that helps too.

If you can use ivara or similar frames to put everyone to sleep and then X them, to get a full 5x stealth kill xp multiplier goining, so your xp grinding is 5 times as effective.

Thank you, ok I finally get it, I need to kill everything. I was just going in stealth with Loki and killing the reactor and jumping back out.