Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Sentinel Precepts Bug - Only The First One Seems To Work

ntyd1s

Precept order matters a lot in regards to what you want your sentinel to do.

Generally, you don't want your weapon firing weapon in the first slot at all. Most of the time, the firing cue takes a long time to finish, meaning your Sentinel won't check for other triggers in a long time. 

Save your firing precept for the Last (bottom right) slot, so it takes the lowest priority. Whack your Guardian in the first slot at the top left, and the precepts you want to still take priority over shooting (e.g. shade's ghost, Vacuum, etc) in the top right and bottom left slots.

Edited by Azure_Kyte

A sentinel can only use a precept at a time and where you put the precept changes the order in which it tries to activate it (from left to right, top to bottom), so if you put shooting or something else that takes a long time to execute like vacuum, then the sentinel needs to wait for those to finish before he can try to do anything else. Best thing to do is put guardian and regen first because they are almost instant and then the special and shooting precepts last.

I don't use shooting precept at all. Had Guardian in 3rd and 4th slots, Djinn would never replenish the shield, ever.

I guess the order really matters as you said but I use same setup before and after 10.2.0 or so, results seem to differ.