Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Aura Alerts

theasl

I recently started a new account, and after 50 hours of play over around a month, I have only two of the aura mods (I didn't get my first, Rifle Amp, until I'd gotten to Sedna). I just saw another thread where someone said they'd only gotten 1 over 100+ hours of play. I've kind of lost interest in this game, so I haven't been following the Alert twitter, but Steam event popups still come up, and I don't think I've seen any Auras in newer-player-accessible missions recently (in my new account, I'm halfway through Uranus/Phobos/Eris - I saw alerts on Neptune and Pluto for auras).

Another common complaint about this game in its current state is how hard it is for new players to explore the solar system due to the difficulty curve.

One way to ease the pain could be to make these aura alerts more frequent and on lower levels, if there's a way for Alert 2.0 to do this. If there isn't, there really needs to be another overhaul of the alert system, or another way for auras to drop early, maybe as nightmare/defense/survival/etc. rewards, or just something that will allow newer players to get them more easily than being at the mercy of the current alert modified-RNG.

I'll let you know now. That drop tables and armor 2.0 are getting their re-works. By doing so, that means that it will be more balance for new players for beggining and late game. You may watch some livestreams or view some of the topics.

Well, yeah, I know. But did they say anything at all about Auras? (I don't remember everything)

After following a long road through the game, I made a thing I missed.

I bought a Braton.

And now I don't want to hear any crap about difficulty.

...so how far exactly have you gotten through the game? I sold off my Braton by the time I got to Earth because it wasn't doing enough damage there (no potatoes or formas for me, unfortunately). Soma, though...

When I got my first Aura mod, I was like, "F*** yeah, an aura!"  I didn't go, "This is bullS#&$, I don't have all of them."

Maybe I'm just a glass-half-full kind of guy.

The thing is, with different polarities, only a few frames can effectively use one Aura (again, no formas for me). I'm lucky right now, as I have Steel Charge and Rifle Amp (the only Attack/V polarity ones) and the frames I have are Excalibur (no polarity), Rhino, and Mag (V polarity). But once I get for a frame that has a different polarity (granted, most of them have V for whatever reason), it would be nice to have one of that polarity. Of course, as a vet who's starting fresh, I know all of this stuff, but newer players might not even know what Auras are until mid-game and could feel like they've missed out - and indeed they do feel that way.

You still get 5 extra points from a different polarity Aura...and you can re-polarize it with a Forma.  It's not like those are terribly hard to come by.

And if you feel like you're "missing out" by not getting a particular mod...uh...that's just part of the leveling-up process.  It's how the game is played.  The only things you should feel like you're "missing out" on are the mods/weapons/frames that were only rewarded as part of weekend events or as part of a Founders package.

OP, you say "no potatoes or forma for me".... potatoes I can kind of understand, though there have been quite a few alerts.... but forma?

just go to recruiting and get picked up for some void missions. you've got no excuse for not having any forma when the drop rate for t3 missions is nearly 40%. 

furthermore, 50 hours is just barely getting started! I didn't get my first aura until 200 hours in because I didn't know about twitter or that I could ask people to take me in the recruiting tab.

Edited by duenor

And if you feel like you're "missing out" by not getting a particular mod...uh...that's just part of the leveling-up process.  It's how the game is played.  The only things you should feel like you're "missing out" on are the mods/weapons/frames that were only rewarded as part of weekend events or as part of a Founders package.

The problem is, the game and the wiki don't do a good job of explaining stuff like this. I've been here since U7 and gotten everything in the game introduced before U10 already; maybe that's why I feel lik I'm missing something, but it can't explain why others question why they only have one or two auras after ~100 hours of gameplay.

All the map and back, both void and derelicts, waiting for more.

hrm. maybe I wasn't using Braton right, then.

OP, you say "no potatoes or forma for me".... potatoes I can kind of understand, though there have been quite a few alerts.... but forma?

just go to recruiting and get picked up for some void missions. you've got no excuse for not having any forma when the drop rate for t3 missions is nearly 40%. 

furthermore, 50 hours is just barely getting started! I didn't get my first aura until 200 hours in because I didn't know about twitter or that I could ask people to take me in the recruiting tab.

Bah, the void set is the only tileset that I refuse to do nowadays (I haven't even tried derelict since I hear it's mostly the same). I've had enough of that on my main 400+ hour account. Besides, at 50 hours, my weapons can't even make a dent on enemies over level 40, let alone the 50-120 range in T3 keys. And since I don't want to be carried by random people in a mission, I never use the recruiting tab. (now, if only my clan leaders were active enough to add the second account in...)