Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thralls for Lich Hunts

kwlingo

Question

Not sure if the community knows, but If a Lich comes out and you dont have all your Parazon puzzle already exposed, let the enemies around the Lich get converted to Thralls to help accelerate your progression. Every mission I go into public, the kill the Lich before it get a chance to convert enemies. Then they will say, murmmur is taking forever. lol Im my opinion, Id rather take to time to parazon all the thralls the Lich converts, usually 10-15, than keep running speed runs though every planet node to just get one or two puzzle pieces figured out, only doing 3-5 thralls per mission. Its okay to take your time to get quicker progression on your code cracking.

4 answers to this question

Coz killing the lich gives you a lot of murmur points? So I think they would rather kill it right away to extract and start a new mission than wait till it spawn thralls? Coz I do wait for it too too but sometimes it takes a while for it to spawn more thralls and when I'm in a hurry, I'd take starting a new mission and actually play than to stand and wait till the lich spawn some more thrall.

From wiki:
https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Kuva_Lich#Requiem_Murmurs

Testing a Requiem Mod on a Lich also advances Murmur progress, roughly 10x more than a Thrall on average.

When I'm solo I do let my lich convert all that they can. But otherwise people generally are waiting for theirs to appear so they can test their mods. If you want the max murmur possible with a lich up it's best to use recruitment chat and talk about your interest in doing so. This way you all can spawn your liches in a planet that won't block each other's lich, get the extra murmur, go to someone else's planet and so on.

It's also good to pick an "endless" mission for that, as the flow of enemies can give plenty room for a lich's happiness!

(On exterminate the lich will always spawn 600m behind with no enemies nearby, AAAAAA)

kaLizYY.png

On 2020-02-10 at 3:04 AM, Yxivi said:

Coz killing the lich gives you a lot of murmur points? So I think they would rather kill it right away to extract and start a new mission than wait till it spawn thralls? Coz I do wait for it too too but sometimes it takes a while for it to spawn more thralls and when I'm in a hurry, I'd take starting a new mission and actually play than to stand and wait till the lich spawn some more thrall.

From wiki:
https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Kuva_Lich#Requiem_Murmurs

Rage MeterEdit

• Only killing thralls in nodes occupied by the player's Lich will further anger the Lich and increase the meter. Occupied node mission completion will not increase the meter nor will killing thralls in different Lich nodes (via taxi), although the latter will still give murmur progress.

Thralls

• Additionally, should a Lich spawn in a mission, they will convert a nearby Grineer every 20 seconds into a Thrall as well.
  • Up to a maximum of 10 Thralls can spawn in a mission naturally, and a Lich is also limited to enthralling 10 enemies, thus up to 20 Thralls can be encountered in a given Lich-controlled node should the Lich spawn in the mission.

Requiem Murmurs

• Testing a Requiem Mod on a Lich also advances Murmur progress, roughly 10x more than a Thrall on average. Each combination can only be tested against a Lich once to be awarded Murmurs, requiring players to change the combination for the next encounter. Currently, the number of Murmurs needed for each reveal can vary but average to 36, 60, and 84 with the total being approximately 180 Murmurs.

Thanks for the link. Ive never actually read the details. But from what it says exactly from the above quotes on page, This actually indicates running solo mission are better then public/group (via taxi) missions because if you are running with others and your Lich is not on the same nodes and planet, you are just helping their Lich progress without any to your own. I've also notice when I join public Lich missions while others are already in mission, sometimes after completing mission I will still have to do the same mission over because it never showed progression on my node but only receiving murmurs.

20 seconds seem to be the same either Lich converting enemies or just running around in mission for Thrall spawn. Therefore killing Lich and extracting asap every mission doesn't make it go any quicker with Thrall spawns for Requiem mods being figured out. I do agree mission where enemies are not charging at you, this would be a longer way of murmur progression, but if not Lich Thralling on paper sounds much quicker than all the loading screens before and after each mission probably 30-60seconds between each mission. If your Lich isnt spawning every mission, you'll be doing more loading screens and anything else.

Therefore every time a Lich spawns, you can have a progression of about 30 murmurs total when allowing enemies to be converted every 20seconds totaling about 3mins and 30 seconds for max 10x Thrall for Lich missions where enemies are always spawning and chasing you, (defense, mobile defense, survival, disruption, interception). While you are waiting for the Lich to convert enemies, the normal Thralls will be progressing as well about 20 second intervals totaling 10x. And last but not least the 10x murmur from parazoning the Lich.

To me survivals, disruptions, defense, and mobile defense, all this makes since because the missions can already take longer than 5 minutes. Therefore why not let the Lich do its work for spawning.

Now after reading into the wiki, it makes more since to go solo because other Liches are just actually taking time away from your own progression. Thanks 🙂

Edited by kwlingo