Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

how do you fight liches... in a fun way? :)

NovusKnight

it's not that other Players are 'rushing' them, for me and presumably many a big letdown is that Liches doesn't add anything new at all, we do the same generic Gamemodes we have for years, in separate Matchmaking/sometimes Reward Pools, and then even most of those Missions are all converted to Exterminate to ensure the minimum possible variety.
then you stack a few more layers of doing the same generic Missions 7 different ways, before you can engage with the only different and new thing added with Liches, the few seconds here and there that you fight the Lich.
it is not surprising at all if Players find this very tedious. because it's the same stuff we've done so much already, stacked several times. it's like playing a Dungeon Crawler that makes you backtrack the entire map more than half a dozen times to consider a win. you'll have to go back to that place you've already been to and Killed all the Enemies standing there, again, and again, and again, and again and...... that's really boring.

also, Chroma is an 'uber tank'? since when? heh.

- - - - -

anyways, i play what i like playing, i'm not changing what i like just for a Lich. so just like i'd be playing elsewise, i'm playing Saryn. and i delete Liches with high Damage, just like any good Saryn should be doing.

i avoid getting in Melee range, because telegrab is stupid so i stay away from it whenever possible.

if i wanted Gameplay features like Liches but actually good, i can go play Lord of the Rings, the source of the inspiration for the entire system. they did it amazingly, Warframe forgot 90% of the features from the Uruk Army, and missing almost all of the featuers from those games makes Liches extremely lame and boring.
i was actually excited about Liches before their release, because those two games are excellent, and struck a nice balance. Warframe forgot most of what those games did well in trying to copy it.

• Like 1

Rhino, buff the more or less usefull allies, be invincible, stun lich and everything around for 10 seconds, empty buffed and rivened tombfinger in his/her face.

Nothing flashy, but it's really chill way to do it, you can't really f*ck up any part of that.

It's not fun because its just mindless grinding of the same missions for hundredth time, slightly higher levels make no difference (we've been playing lvl~100 sorties, ESO and floods for many years already, its nothing for the current player power levels). Yeah you can play different frames, doesn't help when its just rushing another exterminate.

Zero new gameplay. (guessing mod combination and putting on more DPS\correct element to kill your lich quick is not 'gameplay')

Edited by Monolake

• 3 weeks later...

I take Ash Prime for most lich runs. Go invisible, use a melee with a heavy build to deal with shields, and use bladestorm to deal with its HP. High strength, mid duration, mid efficiency build is great for dealing with them

Equip your Raksa Kubrow with its precept Howl, and unleash it against the lich. Once the kubrow howls, the lich will run away, and wont do anything while the effects of Howl remain. Then you can smack it with whatever weapon you want xD

I put on whatever I need to get leveled when doing lich missions, so at least I get some progress made on something. As for fighting the liches, Mesa. She doesn't care what weaknesses or resistances they have.

On 2020-02-10 at 5:54 PM, ant99999 said:

They are for once focusing on the things in game I like. Searching for a specific enemy to kill instead of slaughtering everything alive, switching mission types, performing some fun finishing animations, etc. FFS that's the first time I actually considered looking what the enemy's weaknesses and resistances were.

Except you're still slaughtering everything alive, just waiting for it to get 'infected' first (thralls). You're not doing different missions types because they're fun or exciting or hell, even different. You're mainly doing them (capture, exterminate etc.) because they're efficient and only doing the odd ones (interception, etc.) when you have to.   The finishing animations could've been added elsewhere, instead of gutting the old finisher system and duct-taping it onto the parazon system.   Enemy weaknesses and resistances don't really matter since those can be bypassed with certain frames altogether. 

It's a neat idea on paper but is woefully underpar, even with the changes there is no reason to participate in this system once you have the weapons/cosmetics. While some might think "well then you're already done, what's to complain about you got everything!?" The point is, because it's a farming type game, there should still be incentive to play those missions (in this case the kuva lich system) after you've gotten the main rewards. Meaning the secondary rewards, or now bear with me here, the experience should be fun to play with afterwards.

Hearing the same boring lines (that albeit were funny the first 5 times), the 4-5 different ""personalities"", and the same 'worthwhile' rewards being weapons/cosmetics. 

DE could make this so much more than it is, and make it like eidolons or arbitrations - something to return to and worthwhile to keep playing.  

While I'm.. happy (questioning your level of insanity) that you like it, DE can make it better so that more players like it. Everyone I know stopped playing due to this system, and while steam isn't the 'be all end all' less than 2% of players have created a lich let alone killed one. 

Edit: So I'm on topic with OP - Revenant or Mesa depending how I'm feeling. 

Edited by Tinklzs

1 hour ago, Tinklzs said:

While I'm.. happy (questioning your level of insanity) that you like it, DE can make it better so that more players like it.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I fully acknowledge how much wasted potential Liches have. I just happen to like their gameplay loop, which is why i replied to the guy speaking on everyone's behalf (which is quite delusional if not hypocritical).

I can mention some flaws if you so want. To begin with, the presentation of the system and what we ended up getting was two different things. From being a haunting nemesis who you fight for months liches turned into an industrial conveyor of bald headed dummies. On technical levels there also are things that suck. For example open tilesets like Mars have some abysmally small thrall spawn rate to a point the game just refuses to count lich influence as cleared although you have just slaightered everything there was alive. Converting liches has little to no benefits, so on.

But the gameplay is fun for me at least, which means improving it so that it can be fun for everyone is not so hard of a job.

On 2020-02-10 at 10:54 PM, FRTE_Ret5o said:

Baruuk slep and headshot with vectis prime

Or khora XD 

ever tried one shotting a rank 5 lich with baruuks 4 charge attack?

Edited by LoveNot

I've about 20-25 and now use Mirage and either my pure IPS crit Dual Raza or Skiajati build for crit / corrosive; neither with CO.

I enjoy the Lich loop, personally. Still don't have all the weapons nor all the ephemera, now that we can preview the larvalings weapons I've been focusing on maxing the % on the weapons I enjoy. I leave them active and just do a mission or two slowly until done. No burnout. 

10 minutes ago, (PS4)death404 said:

I've about 20-25 and now use Mirage and either my pure IPS crit Dual Raza or Skiajati build for crit / corrosive; neither with CO.

I enjoy the Lich loop, personally. Still don't have all the weapons nor all the ephemera, now that we can preview the larvalings weapons I've been focusing on maxing the % on the weapons I enjoy. I leave them active and just do a mission or two slowly until done. No burnout. 

2 hours ago, ant99999 said:

I just happen to like their gameplay loop

I think the loop needs a bit of improving, scaling rewards for occupied tiles and a few other smaller things. 

Just wish there was a reason to continue playing after you have all the weapons/cosmetics. Right now I can't find any (besides if you really want to improve a weapon bonus to 60%.

On 2020-02-10 at 8:10 AM, NovusKnight said:

how do you fight liches... in a fun way? 🙂

I avoid creating them entirely. It really ticks them off when you never provide them the opportunity to enact their master plan.

That's the only fun way to fight liches from my perspective.

17 minutes ago, Tinklzs said:

I think the loop needs a bit of improving, scaling rewards for occupied tiles and a few other smaller things. 

Just wish there was a reason to continue playing after you have all the weapons/cosmetics. Right now I can't find any (besides if you really want to improve a weapon bonus to 60%.

I would love some type of scaling rewards; we now have higher level on demand missions and a reason to rerun old tilesets, a bit better payout mission to mission would make sense. 

19 minutes ago, EvasionChaos said:

im sorry, HOW MUCH?

With umbrals my kogake riven hits 500%, which isn't as amazing as it sounds due to how awful sparring is. Punches fare much better.

Edited by -Kittens-