Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why is Ignis Wraith from Baro untradable?

(NSW)JigsJosh

Something I've just discovered that is incredibly annoying. I can't sell the Ignis Wraith from Baro. I bought it thinking I could sell it for plat (like every other weapon Baro sells) and now I've realized that I just wasted a quarter of a million credits and 550 ducats. 

Seems like a great way to trick people into wasting creds and ducats. Is there anyway someone from DE might be able to refund my ducats and creds and remove the Ignis Wraith? Also I haven't found anything that distinctly shows that the Ignis Wraith can't be traded so I feel bamboozled. You're doing me a great heckin' concern DE. Especially since the blueprint from the Pacifism Defect event CAN be traded according to the wiki. I don't see why you can't also trade the weapon from Baro.

DE would you please change this? Or at least can someone help me out and fix this?

Edited by (NSW)JigsJosh

No crafted weapon is that has a blueprint or part building counter part. 

21 minutes ago, (NSW)JigsJosh said:

I don't see why you can't also trade the blueprint from Baro

Its not a BP from baro its a craft weapon

Edited by Zelmen

Ofc it looks like a bug, but the Ignis W wasnt tradeable before, you only could trade the BP of it https://warframe.market/items/ignis_wraith_blueprint

so ...

vor 1 Stunde schrieb (NSW)JigsJosh:

I just wasted a quarter of a million credits and 550 ducats. 

even if it would be tradeable ... the price would be damn low compared to other baro weapons

• Like 4

Might come off as throwing shade at the devs, but my guess is that they couldn't code a separate instance of the weapon, ie bought from Baro, vs it being built via the bp and the game would have treated both instances as a tradeable Ignis Wraith.

4 hours ago, Zelmen said:

No crafted weapon is that has a blueprint or part building counter part. 

Its not a BP from baro its a craft weapon

I realized that. My first edit removed one use of blueprint from the beginning. I missed the other one. I'll edit again.

Edited by (NSW)JigsJosh

3 hours ago, Shonaney said:

Ofc it looks like a bug, but the Ignis W wasnt tradeable before, you only could trade the BP of it https://warframe.market/items/ignis_wraith_blueprint

so ...

even if it would be tradeable ... the price would be damn low compared to other baro weapons

Luckily I play on Switch where everything is worth a lot lol. I only saw two other listings on warframe.market for 40p and 80p. Could have made another 60p, but oh well.

I just hope someone from DE sees this so we could get this changed.

8 hours ago, GrayArchon said:

I do think that should be made more clear when buying it.

FWIW, there's the "tradable" icon you could / should be watching out for.

But yeah, either re-run the Event on Switch (maybe all platforms), or make the fully built weapon tradable already.

14 hours ago, GrayArchon said:

I think the reason it isn't tradeable is due to the fact that it has other methods of acquisition (except on Switch, where Baro is the only option). I do think that should be made more clear when buying it.

Does it, though? I know it's technically possible to build an Ignis Wraith in your Dojo, but my understanding is that this was unique to an old event which isn't coming back.

On 2020-02-11 at 6:21 AM, Steel_Rook said:

Does it, though? I know it's technically possible to build an Ignis Wraith in your Dojo, but my understanding is that this was unique to an old event which isn't coming back.

Certain clans (quite a few of them, actually) have the ability to build the Ignis Wraith from Dojo blueprints, as a reward from a past event (The Pacifism Defect). Those clans are still around. You can join them and get the blueprint. Additionally, the blueprint is tradeable, and is often given out for free (with so many clans having the ability to replicate it, there's no shortage of supply, so it doesn't really make sense to sell it for plat – at least not more than like 1-5 plat). This was the only way players who hadn't done the event could get the weapon for almost 2 years, before Baro started bringing it. So I do think the clan blueprint is still intended as the primary method of obtaining the weapon, with the caveat that it's not possible to do so on Switch, because no clans on that platform have this ability.

Edited by GrayArchon
oof typos

21 hours ago, (PS4)Kakurine2 said:

Who would buy it gor plat when clans with the blueprint are happy to give it away lol

I haven't found a single clan on Switch that has the blueprint even after asking around in the two of the largest alliances on Switch. I don't know for sure, but I'm thinking the event happened before Warframe even launched on Switch.

23 hours ago, GrayArchon said:

Certain clans (quite a few of them, actually) have the ability to build the Ignis Wraith from Dojo blueprints, as a rewards from a past event (The Pacifism Defect). Those clans are still around. You can join them and get the blueprint. Additionally, the blueprint is tradeable, and is often given out for free (with so many clans having the ability to replicate it, there's no shortage of supply, so it doesn't really make sense to see it for plat – at least not more than like 1-5 plat). This was the only way players who hadn't done the event could get the weapon for almost 2 years, before Baro started bringing it. So I do think the clan blueprint is still intended as the primary method of obtaining the weapon, with the caveat that it's not possible to do so on Switch, because no clans on that platform have this ability.

Yeah I was afraid that would be the case. Damn.

2 hours ago, Hobie-wan said:

People on Switch don't have that option since that version and thus all clans there were created after the event was gone.

Yes but that issue is exclusive to switch alone.

And really of all the consoles around switch is the worst one.  Why play wf on it.

Edited by (PS4)Kakurine2

6 minutes ago, (PS4)Kakurine2 said:

Yes but that issue is exclusive to switch alone.

And really of all the consoles around switch is the worst one.  Why play wf on it.

Yes, and I don't play on Switch. But that other PS4 posted didn't seem to understand that Switch players don't have a choice except Baro at this time. I was simply explaining that.

I mean you could say the same thing about playing on PS4, it will always be behind PC and will have issues at the end of the console cycle that PC won't.

38 minutes ago, Hobie-wan said:

Yes, and I don't play on Switch. But that other PS4 posted didn't seem to understand that Switch players don't have a choice except Baro at this time. I was simply explaining that.

I mean you could say the same thing about playing on PS4, it will always be behind PC and will have issues at the end of the console cycle that PC won't.

Yes all the condole will be behind pc.  Unfortunently.  My main account is on ps4 with a secondary account on pc. 

In terms of consoles though and all the games on each.  Ps4, xbox one, switch, wii u.  Switch is the worst one.  I have a switch but only for 2 games.  I have a xbox 360 specifically gor ninety nine knights and doa beach volleyball 2.

And i have my ps2 through 4 each for certain games.  Universally though if i am playing a console ps4 is my go to system.  Players are only gurther hurting themselves in wf by bring on switch.  As its the furthest behind of the consoles.

I know baro is switches only option for the gun.

Edited by (PS4)Kakurine2