Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Twin Grakata Update!

(PSN)Singularity-X1

Now years after it came out, i think it's time to update the Twin Grakatas to finally stop them from using double the ammo per shot. If y'all think they're gonna be too OP because of that, then adjust the stats, but frankly it's gotten old that grakatas burn through their ammo stores like they currently do. It's absurd. No other weapon does that, and reasonably so. It makes no sense that they use two ammo per shot.

32 minutes ago, (PS4)Singularity-X1 said:

No other weapon does that, and reasonably so. It makes no sense that they use two ammo per shot.

The big majority of dual wielded weapons fire one weapon at a time and not both simultaneously with the only two exceptions being the Twin Grakatas and Akjagara/Prime which fire from both weapons simultaneously thus consuming 2 bullets per shot.

You gotta make sure you have no multi-shot and then drop your firerate. You'll notice only one gun fires and only the one shot goes out. They compensated for it by making the twin grakatas doing more damage to make up for the excess ammo, but it also makes you burn through excess ammo and you spend more time reloading than shooting. Idk about you guys, but I prefer my weapons to be more economical (Yes, i know you can put ammo drum, magazine, and mutation).

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Singularity-X1 said:

You gotta make sure you have no multi-shot and then drop your firerate. You'll notice only one gun fires and only the one shot goes out. They compensated for it by making the twin grakatas doing more damage to make up for the excess ammo, but it also makes you burn through excess ammo and you spend more time reloading than shooting. Idk about you guys, but I prefer my weapons to be more economical (Yes, i know you can put ammo drum, magazine, and mutation).

I mostly use Twin Grakatas for infested missions or long run missions because all of the ammo on the ground bothers me. It's one of my favorite goof around guns. One debate I've seen is whether reload speed should be available in the exilus slot which I'm in favor of, the grakatas have a rather long reload considering how fast each magazine burns off too. Hystrix is a better automatic sidearm overall with different modes to deal with different enemies. It has a bit of a small magazine with 16 or so rounds, but the reload is fast enough to compensate. Twin Rogga is another dual secondary that I like for high level stuff since it has high damage. 

@(XB1)Red Dough Boy

Warframe Wiki:

The Twin Grakatas are the akimbo secondary variant of the primary GrineerAssaultRifle Grakata assault rifle. Despite its lackluster base damage, it possesses a very high critical chance and critical multiplier and extreme fire rate, making this weapon deceptively powerful. It also fires two bullets at once due to its innate multishot, but in turn, it depletes its high ammo pool alarmingly quickly. It is also Clem's weapon of choice.