Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Osprey Shields?

FaithRose

Question

14 answers to this question

as aforementioned there is Shield Charger, however the real reason why it's not an exciting Mod is just because it's kinda garbo.
like most Shield Mechanic Mods, it has stupidly paranoid Stats that make it pretty weak.

the Sentinel Mod that helps with Shields the most, is Guardian. while it has a 30 second Cooldown, instant double Shields anytime when it's not on Cooldown is decent.

there's Taxon that has an Ability that generates some Shields, but that's a very different thing.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, FaithRose said:

protection missions that require no damage

Are you talking about Rivens? Just use a proper defensive / CC Frame for those,
e.g. a decently-built Frost (yay high Range & Efficiency) makes those tasks a cakewalk.

(Also, not sure but I'd assume Overshields taking damage still counts as a failure, since that's the case for regular Shields in any case.)

• Like 1

Thank you all so much for your replies. Yeah we are trying the sentinel shields and they don't really compare to the ospreys so it seems 😞 We were hoping here was a mod that could replace having to have the ospreys.

....and so far we've only failed the bonus when the health gets damaged. and the Ospreys take the shield back up. Even with Frost, the target still takes damage from enemies getting inside the shield 😞 We're trying to minimize chances to fail since the secure area one still seems to be bugged to auto fail after so many missions *sigh*

• Like 1

hace 3 horas, FaithRose dijo:

Thank you all so much for your replies. Yeah we are trying the sentinel shields and they don't really compare to the ospreys so it seems 😞 We were hoping here was a mod that could replace having to have the ospreys.

....and so far we've only failed the bonus when the health gets damaged. and the Ospreys take the shield back up. Even with Frost, the target still takes damage from enemies getting inside the shield 😞 We're trying to minimize chances to fail since the secure area one still seems to be bugged to auto fail after so many missions *sigh*

Is it the riven challenge where objetive have to not take dmg? If yes, u can go to Akkad or Kala-Azar on Eris, bring a Limbo and cast Cataclysm/Stasis constantly, plus any other dps frame that can kill the room quickly. It will be easier.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, FaithRose said:

Quick question, are there any companions/companion mods that work like the shield of shield ospreys? They are great for protection missions that require no damage but they seem to be hard to get for me as I am not an ally for cephalon suda >.>

What are you trying to protect? Yourself? Objectives? Rescue or defection targets? And is this for a riven challenge?

Because the answer depends on the circumstance.... 

• Like 1

4 часа назад, FaithRose сказал:

Yeah I was trying that but I ran into the problem of energy and when the target moves snowglobes are unhelpful XD

Try Gara. Her wall much better than Frost spheres. Frost is pretty bad defensive frame nowdays. Or take Limbo. He can throw his second skill on allies (If it wasn’t fixed long time ago?)

• Like 1

Sorry, I didn't realize I didn't specify it is Orb Valis. We were doing the protect the target ones and even with three frost shields up, we were losing the bonus. The thing that seem to help was having ospreys as they helped keep the target shields at max.

• Like 1

1 час назад, NinjaZeku сказал:

If your build on (and / or experience in using) Frost isn't all that developed, then maybe, but a "proper" Frost is plenty amazing.

I don’t say that Frost is bad. It’s awesome frame. But when it comes to exactly defense perspective Frost sucks big balls in comparison to Gara, Limbo or even Khora

Edited by SpiritTeA