Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Low Status Chance Mods

(XBOX)TheMadCash

After playing Warframe after all these years. I can’t understand one thing about a particular set of mods. Status Chance. Specifically these

Rifle Aptitude 

Sure Shot
Melee Prowess

Modified Munitions.

Now focusing on these. These are single stat status Chance mods that are capped at a very low 15% making literally no one uses and I can’t help but to realized these mods are wrong & needs to be changed. Dual stat mods shouldn’t out cap the single stat mod. For example. The multishot mods. None of the new multishot mods out cap the original one (except for the shotguns. They only have 1 if I remember correctly) The listed mods above should be at capped at 75%. It’s just 15% more than the dual stat ones. Am I the only one that feel this way? Is there a reason why it’s always been 15%?

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, 844448 said:

Old relic from old mod system

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Thunderclap

It’s about time it’s changed. 15% isn’t fitting into no ones builds. I think the original status Chance mods have the lowest % values out of all the mods in the game at this point. What are we gon do with 15%? and it’s not even a dual stat mod smh. 

2 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

I would say buffing it to 150% status chance like Point Strike. I know this might introduce some power creep, but think of potential builds if that mod is buffed and not make Dual Stat mod mandatory for status weapons.

You know I was originally going to put 150% but I didn’t want anyone to suggest I was a power creep. But yes, 150% would be fantastic. Would definitely might change a few mods around. 

initially with Damage v2 it would've been nice for them to offer higher values, but the Powercreep of Status Elementals rose the 'norm' so much that they'd have to let people make even better lame-o stuff like Crit Slash spam to really be relevant, and so meh, may as well just delete old relics like that tbh.
a similar role could be filled with a situational Mod instead.

• Like 1

They've just never been buffed and one upon a time their original effects were actually useful.

If they were to be buffed at this point however they would need to be made better than the current 70/70 mods to be worth slotting but the 100% status builds these would open up would just be more powercreep. I'd say we need a status 3.0 system first where 100%+ has a purpose, then it would seem more reasonable to buff these mods.

• Like 1

Originally these mods may meant to give flat status bonus but the time passed. These mods along with the resistance and some utility mods left behind and awaiting for their buffs.

Currently these mods are good for the endo. No mods should have been left in this state.

People still cares about status in 2k20? Like I doubt I would use it even with 150% chance. Status based guns need serious rebalancing imo. A lot of bosses immune to status, sentients immune to status, crewship commanders in RJ mission also have immune to corrosive procs xD 

8 hours ago, SpiritTeA said:

People still cares about status in 2k20? Like I doubt I would use it even with 150% chance. Status based guns need serious rebalancing imo. A lot of bosses immune to status, sentients immune to status, crewship commanders in RJ mission also have immune to corrosive procs xD 

Well technically we encounter bosses once with a set level. When we do disruption, survival or any mission with normal enemies can scale, they can scale up to potential boss like health. Status is important. Like you realize every weapon build on YouTube. Players try them on on the highest level enemies & not bosses. Status is indeed important. 
I would use a 150% status mod over a 4th dual stat mod if I didn’t want a second combined status. 

8 hours ago, Otaku_Hyen said:

Originally these mods may meant to give flat status bonus but the time passed. These mods along with the resistance and some utility mods left behind and awaiting for their buffs.

Currently these mods are good for the endo. No mods should have been left in this state.

I agree. I just happen to notice that these mods wasn’t buffed when I was messing around with my Kuva builds. 

12 минут назад, (XB1)Cash201293 сказал:

Well technically we encounter bosses once with a set level. When we do disruption, survival or any mission with normal enemies can scale, they can scale up to potential boss like health. Status is important. Like you realize every weapon build on YouTube. Players try them on on the highest level enemies & not bosses. Status is indeed important. 
I would use a 150% status mod over a 4th dual stat mod if I didn’t want a second combined status. 

I do understand what you mean and I agree. But also disagree. Status important yes. But not on full-status guns. Otherwise everyone would run with Viral-Heat-Corrosive Scourge annihilating enemies... But nobody doing it. You need max 30-40% of status in crit weapon to shred enemies mercilessly. Status important on crit weapon. But full status weapons are useless, that’s why there would be no point in mod that will just increase status and eats slot of damage mod.

Overall after born of Hunter Munitions status value was pushed down heavily

Edited by SpiritTeA

Shotguns would disagree with the idea that status is unnecessary quite heavily, especially the Kohm, if we were to buff the Status chance on that mod to 150% the Kohm would become one of the strongest non-riven weapons in the game with not only high damage, fire rate and constant massive slash procs but also the 100% status effect that shotguns use so well.

After they massively buffed heat damage it is entirely possible to run non-slash damage status focus, though slash is still king. I would say Crit is still king on melee, though CO is far from dead.

14 hours ago, (XB1)Cash201293 said:

You know I was originally going to put 150% but I didn’t want anyone to suggest I was a power creep. But yes, 150% would be fantastic. Would definitely might change a few mods around. 

You're not wrong. 

Also it's kinda funny to me how many mods/weapons are just completely bad in general.