Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We still need the option to get rid of lichs

(PSN)Hopper_Orouk

A dedicated lich hunt takes about 5 hours for me 

Without luck, and not counting the endless rng fest and cassini spam to get the weapon i like

one time lich hunt put me into a trance that i accidentally started a lich hunt because the kuva larving looked like a thrall and my muscle memory acted 

We need the option to cancel the lich...either with time or with loot or with both

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, Acersecomic said:

Take responsibility for your actions. Stop thinking others will solve your own made problems for you.

I dont think this isn't taking responsibility for an action. They've very calmly suggested a change for something that is....unbelievably frustrating.

I've heard this occur from a decent bit of players and WF partners alike as well as done so myself.

Do you know why they make you type "TRANSFER" when attempting to valence transfer? It's one way for the designer to ensure players don't do so by mistake.

Many games don't let you get rid of items you will need i.e: "Quest items"

If you were around long enough, you'll note that the trading window will let you know when your partner changes an offering.

They are all a part of a fail-safe system.

Yeah a lot of people got inconvenienced by muscle memory, but after hours of running Kuva missions it only makes sense.

Taking responsibility and leaving feedback that "Hey, this doesn't feel great as a player" don't have to be mutually exclusive.

Would an option like the Kill or Convert menu for Larvalings really inconvenience you so? 

I've noticed that the Larvalings teleport to you after you get a certain distance away from them without killing them. The odds are unlikely, but it's possible for a player to desire to hit the interact button when this teleport happens (whether because of ayatan treasures, consoles, mercy kills/finishers, etc.)

Edited by Synpai
  • Like 4

22 minutes ago, Acersecomic said:

Take responsibility for your actions. Stop thinking others will solve your own made problems for you.

Well, it is DE who made the problem in the first place, with a permanent nuisance with you don't wanna bother with this awful system at all.

No wonder it was the least liked addition to the game, in spite of the hype and time wasted with it.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

one time lich hunt put me into a trance that i accidentally started a lich hunt because the kuva larving looked like a thrall and my muscle memory acted 

..and another one who didn't look before he stabbed. come on guys, it's not that hard...

DE originally talked about a way to remove liches, but when we got the changes they explained that now there's no need for it because you have much more freedom as to which liches spawn.. or at least you do if you don't run in and start swinging your arms around like an angry gorilla. and before anyone says it, no, Thralls and Larvlings are not the same things. you have to go into totally different missions for Thralls, where you know you can stab freely. if you can't tell yourself "right, I'm murmur farming, Stabby time!" or "going for a Larvling, I should down it first then see what it has", that's a you problem, nothing else.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

..and another one who didn't look before he stabbed. come on guys, it's not that hard...

DE originally talked about a way to remove liches, but when we got the changes they explained that now there's no need for it because you have much more freedom as to which liches spawn.. or at least you do if you don't run in and start swinging your arms around like an angry gorilla. and before anyone says it, no, Thralls and Larvlings are not the same things. you have to go into totally different missions for Thralls, where you know you can stab freely. if you can't tell yourself "right, I'm murmur farming, Stabby time!" or "going for a Larvling, I should down it first then see what it has", that's a you problem, nothing else.

It matters little. The system is still boring as hell and I, for example, have a lich annoying me and I simply don't wanna waste my time with it.

2 minutes ago, Anthraxicus said:

It matters little. The system is still boring as hell and I, for example, have a lich annoying me and I simply don't wanna waste my time with it.

ok.. that's your opinion, and it's entirely your choice whether or not you choose to partake in killing your Lich. still, people should be able to tell the difference when they are up against level 60+ enemies with thralls vs a level 30 Starmap mission where everything dies by looking at it funny and you're waiting on a "Sukkjekt". if my dumb a$$ can do it, the rest of you have no excuses lol.

• Like 2

Simply because Liches can be such long drawn-out affairs (lasting hours at a time for good hunters who know the system, all the way up to weeks if you just can't get the right Requiem Mods to drop from those stupid requiem relics..., for potentially just a mistaken button press getting you a weapon you just don't want, even if you could transfer it - you just don't care about that weapon one iota....), and some people created liches before they were opt in, and some people might simply get in over their heads (just getting past the war within, and ramp up to a level 5 lich...) for the sake of all these situations, being able to get rid of a Lich once a week is the least they should have.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

So not necessarily advocating for remove a lich, but I'm wondering if it would really be all to bad to add a level of confirmation to it 🤷‍♂️

There are plenty of competently minded people that just happen to stumble into muscle memory ONCE. As the saying goes, "fool me once shame on you..."

It's not the fact that Thralls or Larvalings or even the missions are anywhere near the same thing that gets people it's the fact that they've been seeing an enemy get downed and pressing interact for hours that their brain reflexively goes "I know what to do here" unless you actively focus on not doing so, which for some come after making this mistake. It's more the fact that by the time that anyone actually presses the button, they're lock into it.

ALT +F4 nor aborting the mission can remedy this <---------- seems to be an issue more than needing the ability to remove a lich IMO.

This shouldn't be a reason to actively insult someone that seems to be making a constructive, albeit avoidable, point about the system.

1 hour ago, Synpai said:

I've noticed that the Larvalings teleport to you after you get a certain distance away from them without killing them. The odds are unlikely, but it's possible for a player to desire to hit the interact button when this teleport happens (whether because of ayatan treasures, consoles, mercy kills/finishers, etc.)

This is still very much a thing I expect to get someone at some point, though

• Like 1

These kinds of failsafes will never hurt the person who doesn’t need them, so I always marvel at the players who want to turn these discussions into an after-school special about responsibility and consequences.

If DE enables Lich-b-Gone and (perhaps) hold-to-confirm on a larvaling, everyone will be just fine.

The people who have a muscle memory flub will say “thank goodness there a way to correct that mistake” and the people who never make mistakes can say “thank goodness I never make mistakes.”

Edited by Ham_Grenabe
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, Ham_Grenabe said:

These kinds of failsafes will never hurt the person who doesn’t need them, so I always marvel at the players who want to turn these discussions into an after-school special about responsibility and consequences.

If DE enables Lich-b-Gone and (perhaps) hold-to-confirm on a larvaling, everyone will be just fine.

The people who have a muscle memory flub will say “thank goodness there a way to correct that mistake” and the people who never make mistakes can say “thank goodness I never make mistakes.”

Except that if people could get rid of liches it would make ephemera farming EVEN easier, and drop the price down even further, since you could dismiss any lich without an ephemera. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ham_Grenabe said:

Right, like I said: hurts nobody. 

DE is nobody...got it.      Why not just have DE give you a button that gives you all the weapons/frames, fully leveled/forma'd, all optimal mod load outs.  I mean...it hurts nobody..right?

1 hour ago, Ham_Grenabe said:

Well, there is the issue of a second check to Lich creation slowing down gameplay. The "Are you sure you want to..." pop-ups are already too common as it is (I dislike them in the Relic menu), putting one in the middle of a mission would be downright obnoxious. 

But more to the point, the pushback against this idea (or at least my pushback) is against the casualization of the game. Games are designed well when they encourage players to get better at them. The OP is essentially asking for the game to accommodate them not thinking about what they're doing.

Personally I realize its a part of the game.  Much like Conclave I have 0 intention of doing it again.   In fact I hate it.  My Lich lives on earth and he can stay there. 

Sure its annoying because I like helping new players on 🌎.  However I have 0 intention of killing him.  0 interest in interacting with him or this part of the game.

I wish we could turn it off.  Or be rid of it. 

I have a ton of plat and a lot of cool frames.  But since I triggered my Lich and was too new to know what I did.  I have basically stopped playing.  

I login casually to play some events.  Like the acolytes.  

Right now I have the Discount for plat thingy.  And usually I buy some to support.   But because I hate this game mode I don't log in enough to warrant a purchase.

It's not sour grapes really.  I just have other games that annoy me less.

If the lich was an option I would return to being a full time player.

But...I am having fun playing with the Acolytes. Im liking this event.  

And then people will be able to reroll lichs until they get all ephemeras, killing any form of rarity it had, no thanks !

Be more careful next time. Larvlings look nothing like thralls, you knew why you were running the mission, you started the lich, assume your failure.

We don't need contengency solutions for every single little f#ck up that people make when not paying attention. In fact, we only need one : Pay Attention

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Fallen77 said:

And then people will be able to reroll lichs until they get all ephemeras, killing any form of rarity it had, no thanks !

It's a 20% drop rate dude. They aren't rare anymore. I farmed 6 of the 7 ephemera's since they dropped the lich tweaks and I've done like 20 liches (yes i got lucky statistically).

5 minutes ago, Fallen77 said:

We don't need contengency solutions for every single little f#ck up that people make when not paying attention. In fact, we only need one : Pay Attention

I also did accidentally mercy a kuva seer electric lich and im just gonna bite the bullet and fuse it into something later. Paying attention is easier said than done when you are doing something repetitiously for hours on end. It's not the end of the world for me to own the mistake and find a way to benefit from it, but if i had the option to remove the Lich without a cost to me, I'd take it.

Edited by Skaleek
  • Like 2

à l’instant, Skaleek a dit :

It's a 20% drop rate dude. They aren't rare anymore. I farmed 6 of the 7 ephemera's since they dropped the lich tweaks and I've done like 20 liches (yes i got lucky statistically).

1 lich takes 2-3 hours, you can get duplicates (as far as I'm aware) and there are 7.

If you could bypass all the non ephemera lich, instead of grinding many hours, that would be an immense gain of time, killing that part of the lich hunt.

And that'd apply to people looking for good stat rolls too. (I wouldn't waste my mental health on that tho)

And yes you got extremely lucky, have done as many lichs, mostly recently, still waiting for my first ephe.

Just now, Fallen77 said:

1 lich takes 2-3 hours, you can get duplicates (as far as I'm aware) and there are 7.

If you could bypass all the non ephemera lich, instead of grinding many hours, that would be an immense gain of time, killing that part of the lich hunt.

And that'd apply to people looking for good stat rolls too. (I wouldn't waste my mental health on that tho)

And yes you got extremely lucky, have done as many lichs, mostly recently, still waiting for my first ephe.

These are not negatives. 

In fact, they're exactly the outcomes people have requested in page after page of feedback to DE: trim the grind time, make it more controlled, and tighten up the RNG. 

• Like 1

and if they only let you do it once a week then how are people going to be getting the ephemera any faster? By dismissing liches once a week? LOL! Those folks will continue the game as is meaning they will kill their liches. I can't see this as a negative at all

2 hours ago, SenorClipClop said:

Well, there is the issue of a second check to Lich creation slowing down gameplay. The "Are you sure you want to..." pop-ups are already too common as it is (I dislike them in the Relic menu), putting one in the middle of a mission would be downright obnoxious. 

But more to the point, the pushback against this idea (or at least my pushback) is against the casualization of the game. Games are designed well when they encourage players to get better at them. The OP is essentially asking for the game to accommodate them not thinking about what they're doing.

It is not a matter of accommodate the game for not thinking about what you are doing. It is more a matter of getting stuck with horribly designed, hakf baked and boring game mechanic because of a single mistake once. 

Conclave is garbage, but it doesn't get in my way during normal gameplay nor do I interact with it. Each stays on their own corner not bothering one another. Same goes for the newest half baked addition, Railjack. But not with Liches. They can even steal your precious sortie reward even though you don't wanna see him ever again. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

larving looked like a thrall and my muscle memory acted 

For the last time, muscle memory has nothing to do with this. You know you're going into the mission to hunt a larvling. They show up with a flash of light and have a marker over their head. Concentrate and pay better attention.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, (XB1)Shodian said:

For the last time, muscle memory has nothing to do with this. You know you're going into the mission to hunt a larvling. They show up with a flash of light and have a marker over their head. Concentrate and pay better attention.

& for the last time, we proved you multiple times how this is muscle memory, being stubborn won't change our perspective & certainly won't change the fact that we are stuck with Liches we don't want

• Like 1