Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We still need the option to get rid of lichs

(PSN)Hopper_Orouk

5 hours ago, Anthraxicus said:

Wrong. They were supposed to be your nemesis, challenging and to hunt you down, but instead they are just a nuisance you have to go out of your way to hunt and farm some re skin of old weapons. 

Oh, oh, I know, why don't they appear every time you finish a mission objective on a planet under the lich influence, chasing you down while disabling the extraction until you down the lich three times, stab the lich or die? If you lose to the lich you lose 100% of things you collected in that mission?

While we're at it, let the lich appear with bunch of hard hitting thralls as "underlings" unless the lich is a loner, like a boss coming with the underlings

13 minutes ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

How did you change your profile pic?

I've been trying to that for months 

I changed my Profile pic in the game and then logged off and on again on here 

Still with the boring blue excalibur 

See if the pic is included in the forum

I changed this long time ago and just got this kubrow pic

3 hours ago, 844448 said:

Who's to blame then if not yourself?

I mean, muscle memory is why it happened, I didnt even think i just did it. I watch TV a lot when i play Warframe, I can do tridolon runs while i watch TV. Warframe is all repetition. I didn't really blame anyone though, and i did admit i was watching TV, so i'm not sure what the point of your post was.

Edited by Skaleek

Il y a 14 heures, Ham_Grenabe a dit :

These are not negatives. 

In fact, they're exactly the outcomes people have requested in page after page of feedback to DE: trim the grind time, make it more controlled, and tighten up the RNG. 

I wonder, why would DE want to make long grinds ?... It's almost as if there is a butt ton of small minded sheeps screaming "content drought" if any update doesn't take 6 months to complete...

And personnaly (imho imho imho), I like having something to grind for. Making everything easy to obtain just reduces the amount of time I take from the game.

And more objectively, it kills any value from those items. It was a cool sight, seing someone with one of those super rare ephemeras and whatnot, now it's more and more normality. Wolf armor was a cool little token to show that you went through season 1, now it's just standard f2p armor.

15 hours ago, (XB1)Shodian said:

For the last time, muscle memory has nothing to do with this. You know you're going into the mission to hunt a larvling. They show up with a flash of light and have a marker over their head. Concentrate and pay better attention.

Not sure if you're even old enough to drive but..
Muscle memory has everything to do with hitting the x key, when prompted by a sound or visual queue. Just like when you're driving and the traffic light changes from red to green, or someone in front of you makes a sudden break, their lights indicate stopping. When you've spent a long time developing motor skill and audio/visual queues like this, they'll work for you WITHOUT focused thought. 

The BS excuses people are coming up with to defend the lack of game design--well, it's pretty typical for this forum but still...You can't say, "You know what you were farming, what mission you chose, what tile blah blah..." Murmur farming takes place on all tiles. You farm Larva, just like murmurs, HMMMMM. I personally go to Adaro, I nuke the map with Ember and always keep moving. Only stop to slide attack through some grineer in hopes that they'll pop the mercy queue so I can get that sweet Hit and Run bonus. This is no different than when I'm doing solo murmur grind, where I generally only do Exterminate and Capture missions, occasionally some survival but that's a risk considering how buggy Lich spawns are.

Oh look here's a guide to help.
How to Build Muscle Memory ( By pressing X for everything)

1. Practice a new skill in a blocked environment. Perform the same swing or throw the same way until you can repeat it with success. ...
  2. Work on the new skill in a variable environment. Use the same skill, but in slightly different, gamelike situations. ...
  3. Perfect the new skill in a random environment.

5 hours ago, Fallen77 said:

I wonder, why would DE want to make long grinds ?... It's almost as if there is a butt ton of small minded sheeps screaming "content drought" if any update doesn't take 6 months to complete...

And personnaly (imho imho imho), I like having something to grind for. Making everything easy to obtain just reduces the amount of time I take from the game.

And more objectively, it kills any value from those items. It was a cool sight, seing someone with one of those super rare ephemeras and whatnot, now it's more and more normality. Wolf armor was a cool little token to show that you went through season 1, now it's just standard f2p armor.

There is no value in an ephemera. It doesn't do anything. 

10 hours ago, 844448 said:

And seeing "there's nothing to do", "what to do now" or "when/where new content" threads later

So in this case - grind management, control, and the ability to "undo" a lich - DE needs to ignore our feedback no matter if it's consistent or unified. 

I assume you were on the "don't change reactors" and "don't change tenebrous ephemera" side for Railjack. 

Done it twice. Don't know what's worse, losing 5 hours shaking off something you don't need in the most unpopular part of the game (2019 survey), or getting vilified on a forum for being human. Would it really be that much of a problem for you leet players out there if the game was interrupted by a 3 second confirmation mechanic that already exists in multiple other places in the game to help out us lesser mortals? Get gud? really? We're supposed to be pulling together..

8 hours ago, Skaleek said:

I mean, muscle memory is why it happened, I didnt even think i just did it. I watch TV a lot when i play Warframe, I can do tridolon runs while i watch TV. Warframe is all repetition. I didn't really blame anyone though, and i did admit i was watching TV, so i'm not sure what the point of your post was.

My point is, people more often than not don't pay attention and later blame whatever that is convenient to them like come on, I know muscle memory is a thing but is it really hard to take it slow? It's not like you need to be a kangaroo on crack when doing star chart mission to stay alive

You on the other hand, admit your mistake instead of blaming things like muscle memory or something so it's good

il y a une heure, Ham_Grenabe a dit :

There is no value in an ephemera. It doesn't do anything. 

So in this case - grind management, control, and the ability to "undo" a lich - DE needs to ignore our feedback no matter if it's consistent or unified. 

I assume you were on the "don't change reactors" and "don't change tenebrous ephemera" side for Railjack. 

There is no value in warframe because it's a game that does nothing useful irl... You really gonna say that ? Please...

Funny how people are grinding for months for something that has no value right ?

With the Wolf armor example I already gave, if you can't understand that, you're just blinded by the possibility of EZ AF everything to obtain.

1 hour ago, Ham_Grenabe said:

unfortunately I'm on the "stay silent and enjoy things" side with giving my view on things and changes occasionally

Also it seems here that people are very against a simple hold to confirm lich feature 

In fact people here on the forums are against any feature that gets added here by anyone 

It's just weird, would it really hurt your progress if that feature was implemented?

Do i not have the right to have something that mitigates a very human thing that happens to all of us

Why do you guys care?

Why do you even comment here?

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Fallen77 said:

There is no value in warframe because it's a game that does nothing useful irl... You really gonna say that ? Please...

Funny how people are grinding for months for something that has no value right ?

With the Wolf armor example I already gave, if you can't understand that, you're just blinded by the possibility of EZ AF everything to obtain.

FFS. Cosmetics don't do anything in-game. It's pretty to look at. You can't shoot it at something or hit something with it. And I have to be honest - I very, very rarely notice what anyone else is wearing or decorated with. Most of the time everyone is moving too fast for it to matter. 

Anyway, as far as "you want it ez-af." I don't know what to tell you on that count. I got the Wolf Armor twice. I did 30 "pre-change" Liches. I ground out PoE and Fortuna and Railjack and I like to think I've paid my dues chasing tiny drop chances. However, I happen to believe that, upon reflection, it coulda been a lot more fun and satisfying and yes, easier. So while it's too late for me, it would be nice for DE to continue in their recent practice of streamlining and improving the control and intentionality of the grind for the people coming along. 

Edited by Ham_Grenabe
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

Also it seems here that people are very against a simple hold to confirm lich feature 

In fact people here on the forums are against any feature that gets added here by anyone 

It's just weird, would it really hurt your progress if that feature was implemented?

Do i not have the right to have something that mitigates a very human thing that happens to all of us

Why do you guys care?

Why do you even comment here?

There are two main reasons I see in threads like this:

1. Anger that someone else can have the same thing they did without having to suffer like they did.

2. That someone might be able to correct an error -- even their own dumb mistake -- rather than learn a lesson about life. 

oh, and one more:

3. My plat!

Edited by Ham_Grenabe

2 minutes ago, Ham_Grenabe said:

There are two main reasons I see in threads like this:

1. Anger that someone else can have the same thing they did without having to suffer like they did.

2. That someone might be able to correct an error -- even their own dumb mistake -- rather than learn a lesson about life. 

oh, and one more:

3. My plat!

Keep calling it dumb, until you do it yourself, then you'll feel extra dumb

7 minutes ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

Keep calling it dumb, until you do it yourself, then you'll feel extra dumb

Oh, I've felt SUPER dumb in this game, believe me. I deleted my Hate, and didn't even think about it until it was too late to fix. 

I've stabbed liches without any mods on my parazon. I've stabbed SO many liches trying to stab a nearby thrall, or res someone down nearby. So much dumb stuff.

I haven't yet created a lich I didn't mean to, but I can see it happening. I mean, all the Pavlovian cues are there: the "downed thrall" sound, the red Parazon indicator over their head, the game practically begging you to hit X. It's not surprising at all that players would just keep on rolling and do what the game is telling them to do. 

Edited by Ham_Grenabe

1. I dedicated hunt should not take more than 3 hours.
2. This has nothing to do with muscle memory - this is how you don't have to look at your keyboard to press certain buttons, having almost the exact number of presses at the exact time to do some action etc. Pressing the X is a conscious action, because you have to see the X to press it - the brain comes to a decision after it gathered information even if it's a millisecond.

The simple thing is you were not paying attention.