Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We still need the option to get rid of lichs

(PSN)Hopper_Orouk

44 minutes ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

Also it seems here that people are very against a simple hold to confirm lich feature 

In fact people here on the forums are against any feature that gets added here by anyone 

It's just weird, would it really hurt your progress if that feature was implemented?

Do i not have the right to have something that mitigates a very human thing that happens to all of us

Why do you guys care?

Why do you even comment here?

Its called: "You posted on a PUBLIC forum, expect every kind of opinion and view to come your way."

il y a une heure, Ham_Grenabe a dit :

FFS. Cosmetics don't do anything in-game. It's pretty to look at. You can't shoot it at something or hit something with it. And I have to be honest - I very, very rarely notice what anyone else is wearing or decorated with. Most of the time everyone is moving too fast for it to matter. 

Anyway, as far as "you want it ez-af." I don't know what to tell you on that count. I got the Wolf Armor twice. I did 30 "pre-change" Liches. I ground out PoE and Fortuna and Railjack and I like to think I've paid my dues chasing tiny drop chances. However, I happen to believe that, upon reflection, it coulda been a lot more fun and satisfying and yes, easier. So while it's too late for me, it would be nice for DE to continue in their recent practice of streamlining and improving the control and intentionality of the grind for the people coming along. 

The fact that you did grind doesn't take away from the fact that you are asking for game-damaging easy to get content.

And yeah, if you're so deep up your own rear that you refuse to see the value of cosmetic items, even though you grinded for some, I can't and won't help you. Have fun in your self made nonsense.

1 minute ago, Fallen77 said:

The fact that you did grind doesn't take away from the fact that you are asking for game-damaging easy to get content.

And yeah, if you're so deep up your own rear that you refuse to see the value of cosmetic items, even though you grinded for some, I can't and won't help you. Have fun in your self made nonsense.

If you say so, chief. 

• Like 1

I pressed the brakes on my car for a second thanks to muscle memory. For this reason i crashed against another car and killed everyone inside. This wouldn't have happened if i held it down slowly decelerating a bit after bit. You know after driving for hours these mistakes happen. You can't put me in prison for a mistake i did once.

15 hours ago, 844448 said:

Okay, you have ADHD but can I know your play style first? Is it maniacally bullet jumping and flying around and swinging your melee like a madman or doing it slowly, only using the running button with little to no bullet jumping?

Believe it or not, I am a solo player for that exact reason, I take my time, I look for stuff to do like killing enemies in a funny way or picking up every syndicate medallion in the mission even if it takes me 1h45m to find all of them

15 hours ago, 844448 said:

I have a hunch this accident came from people playing too fast, not paying attention to something obvious (flickering lights, and a kuva guardian talking about sukjekkt and that big arse red icon are not obvious enough?) and then blame their muscle memory or whatever that is convenient to them

I'll give you an exemple to how I got my current Lich by mistake

I also noticed that, indeed, the Kuva Guardian said "sukjekkt", which made me rethink of how the Grineer are using some king of "broken English" to speak. Then, I remembered a video from Better Name Pending who was talking about how the Corpus language was formed, it made me laugh again remembering how he tries to speak it at the end. Then I remembered that what we fight are not the actual Corpus but just proxies & that the true Corpus were always somewhere else, watching from afar. & then I just thought of how the Sentients were some kind of "Infestation 2.0" since they can infect people like they did to Ballas & how they were acted as the enemy of every other faction in the game -- & then I noticed that I stabbed the larvling by accident

^ Just to explain how ADHD affects me & others, all of this lasted just between the moment the Kuva Guardian announced the larvling had spawned, & when I actually got to him, e.i. not even a minute 

TL;DR, it's not fun to be punished just because I can't control my own thoughts

I agree with this. I've got several friends who are casual players, they don't want to, and frankly aren't equipped to, play level 60 to 100 missions. After having accidentally gotten one of them a lich by taking him into Telesto without giving him enough warning, I had to spend the next few hours beating the lich for him with his crap frames and weapons. 

Either give those people a once a week means of deleting a lich, or put the larvling behind multiple levels of confirmation, because it's still too easy to get one without realizing it.

Sorry that it comes down to catering to casual players, but they spend money too.

• Like 1

Have tha same problem with muscular memory, im doing my stuff i find someone with the paracesis marker and press x had already to take down 4 liches for that reason. (Yes, only 4 cause usually kill the from really far and get what i desire and when i automaticaly kill, i curse and leave the lich for much later)

7 hours ago, 844448 said:

but is it really hard to take it slow? I

Playing wf slow is not playing at all for me. At this point the speed in which you do things in warframe is the game. I don't really care for or against this whole extra larvling security feature but telling people to play slower is not a good solution to me.

23 hours ago, (XB1)Shodian said:

For the last time, muscle memory has nothing to do with this. You know you're going into the mission to hunt a larvling. They show up with a flash of light and have a marker over their head. Concentrate and pay better attention.

It actually has everything to do with it.

If  you are doing lich gameplay, 99% of the enemies you encounter are grineer. Most old tilesets look alike, and you 99% of the time are plowing through enemies without paying much attention. That is the type of game Wf is in its core too.

It is very natural that muscle memory takes over and you simply press x for a mercy kill when you see one.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, White_Matter said:

It actually has everything to do with it.

If  you are doing lich gameplay, 99% of the enemies you encounter are grineer. Most old tilesets look alike, and you 99% of the time are plowing through enemies without paying much attention. That is the type of game Wf is in its core too.

It is very natural that muscle memory takes over and you simply press x for a mercy kill when you see one.

Again, if larvlings and thralls were in the same mission I would agree with you. But they are not. You go into a mission knowing a larvling will spawn. They give you so many signs saying it has shown up. If you stab it that is on you. You weren't paying attention.

Edited by (XB1)Shodian

7 minutes ago, (XB1)Shodian said:

Again, if larvlings and thralls were in the same mission I would agree with you. But they are not. You go into a mission knowing a larvling will spawn. They give you so many signs saying it has shown up. If you stab it that is on you. You weren't paying attention.

Stubbornness won't get you anywhere, we've told you multiple time how your reasoning was flawed, at this point you're disagreeing against us for the sake of disagreeing

Edited by Xenox_Ilz-ot
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

Stubbornness won't get you anywhere, we've told you multiple time how your reasoning was flawed, at this point you're disagreeing against us for the sake of disagreeing

Say you're driving a car. There's a road sign saying there's a sharp curve ahead, Then there's a flashing light signalling that there is a sharp curve ahead. And when you get to the sharp curve, you drive straight and off the road. You weren't paying attention to the road, you were distracted by your phone because you drive all the time, it's boring. Who's fault is it you drive off the road? It was you. The signs were there but you chose to ignore them. 

Much like this, you failed to heed any of the warning signs it gave you and you still stabbed the larvling.

1 minute ago, (XB1)Shodian said:

Say you're driving a car. There's a road sign saying there's a sharp curve ahead, Then there's a flashing light signalling that there is a sharp curve ahead. And when you get to the sharp curve, you drive straight and off the road. You weren't paying attention to the road, you were distracted by your phone because you drive all the time, it's boring. Who's fault is it you drive off the road? It was you. The signs were there but you chose to ignore them. 

Much like this, you failed to heed any of the warning signs it gave you and you still stabbed the larvling.

What's great about exemples is that you can demonstrate everything & it's opposite

Comparing an enemy that you kill & need to press use to stab VS a real life event about a road with a sharp curve & your potential death

7 minutes ago, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

What's great about exemples is that you can demonstrate everything & it's opposite

Comparing an enemy that you kill & need to press use to stab VS a real life event about a road with a sharp curve & your potential death

Well you're treating it like a life and death scenario. It's just a game. Just take the time to kill the lich.

My point was that there are signs. Lots of them, slow down concentrate on your mission and plan accordingly.

9 minutes ago, (XB1)Shodian said:

Well you're treating it like a life and death scenario. It's just a game. Just take the time to kill the lich.

My point was that there are signs. Lots of them, slow down concentrate on your mission and plan accordingly.

I'll let you backtrack in the conversation yourself so you can understand why it's especially hard for me to do that

9 minutes ago, (XB1)Shodian said:

My point was that there are signs.

Let's take your exemple again, a car on the road. Well, maybe a sign can be obstructed by a tree, or may be down because a truck ram into it

Maybe that curve is outside of my control, like the car suddenly stopping or the breaks not working

Same here, there are dozens of enemies firing at me. The lighting effects of explosions blinding the screen makes me unable to see the larvling, & with all the noise like four bombards shooting at me in unison, I can't hear if the larvling got downed or not

Then I try to pick up my Volt shield, or my weapon that was stolen by the Kubrow guy, & bam, I stab the larvling without being able to do anything

There is so many flaws with this system & so many ways to f*ck something up, too much room for mistakes, & it must be prevented, it must be fixed

Now if you can't understand any of this, you must have a serious problem

Edited by Xenox_Ilz-ot
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, (XB1)Shodian said:

so keeping with this car analogy, what if we gave our car some of that newer tech, automatic emergency breaking or forward collision warning?

we've already wrecked and want to try and prevent more wrecks, there will always be bad drivers in one way or another.

so, future cars could maybe have a few more safety nets to prevent us from flying off the road.

would you be against adding those things into our cars? if you're a good driver and paying attention they wouldn't ever go off, but having them won't hurt you or affect how good of a driver you are.

Having a hold to confirm prompt for the larvalings would only bring some good in the long run.

that all said, liches are a sloppy addition to the game for more reasons than I could list, I'd be more interested in implementing a better, idiot proof, lore friendly "start", to liches than the current larvaling set up we have.

Getting rid of a lich also feels like it goes against the spirit of it if that makes sense? but so does trading them in that convoluted dojo process.

thoughts are all over the place now; main point, liches are currently a bad addition, until DE can figure out a way to make them generally enjoyable it looks like they're making an effort to make them less painful in the mean time. Having one more safety net attached to larvalings wouldn't hurt anything and make the arguably worst addition to warframe, a little less painful in the future.

Edited by FoxyKabam
,'s
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, FoxyKabam said:

that all said, liches are a sloppy addition to the game for more reasons than I could list, I'd be more interested in implementing a better, idiot proof, lore friendly "start", to liches than the current larvaling set up we have.

Getting rid of a lich also feels like it goes against the spirit of it if that makes sense? but so does trading them in that convoluted dojo process.

thoughts are all over the place now; main point, liches are currently a bad addition, until DE can figure out a way to make them generally enjoyable it looks like they're making an effort to make them less painful in the mean time. Having one more safety net attached to larvalings wouldn't hurt anything and make the arguably worst addition to warframe, a little less painful in the future.

Absolutely spot-on the "sloppy" part, too. In another thread, someone pointed out (maybe it was you?) that these Liches, these "great nemeses," are completely nonsensical. They're servants we create, with a special lich-creating knife, to go fetch a specific weapon and bring it back to us. When the bring it, we kill them and take it, and then go make another servant to fetch us a different gun.

We might as well just kill thralls to collect Thrall Money and buy the guns from some Grineer version of Darvo. 

8 hours ago, DLOArceus said:

I pressed the brakes on my car for a second thanks to muscle memory. For this reason i crashed against another car and killed everyone inside. This wouldn't have happened if i held it down slowly decelerating a bit after bit. You know after driving for hours these mistakes happen. You can't put me in prison for a mistake i did once.

This analogy is trash lol. Wow

• Like 3

On 2020-02-12 at 7:06 PM, (XB1)Shodian said:

Once again, you people fail to understand what this topic is about. Accidentally knifing a Larlvling happens. Ok cool our fault. Having to spend 4-6 irl hours to correct it is just flat out STUPID. 

58 minutes ago, da_blok_is_hot said:

Once again, you people fail to understand what this topic is about. Accidentally knifing a Larlvling happens. Ok cool our fault. Having to spend 4-6 irl hours to correct it is just flat out STUPID. 

I'm pretty sure there's no changing minds here. Hopefully, DE will understand that a weekly "Lich B Gone" function will not:

a) suddenly turn into a "I Win Warframe Now" button,

b) destroy the Warframe trading economy and drive DE to bankruptcy, or

c) cause an outbreak of irresponsibility resulting in deadly automobile accidents and maybe the end of the American (or Canadian) way.