Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shaky Cam Needs A Toggle

Banshee256

The shaky cam effect that comes from the Napalm explosions? Yeah, that is alright in instances where you only have to deal with 2-3 at a time. But with the introduction of Survival and Nekros' Shadows of the Dead, it's getting beyong annoying. 

And not only that. For the first time in my 20 year gaming 'career', I actually got motion sick from a game. 

Apolloduros, 20 minutes in with a Nekros. There were ALWAYS a Napalm active on the map and the camera was constantly shaken. Can we please have an option to turn it off or dial it down or something? 

And not only that. For the first time in my 20 year gaming 'career', I actually got motion sick from a game. 

I know how you feel bro.

Haven't been playing that long but yea, I never had motion sickness with any game until I got bombarded with a lot of Grineer Napalm and Grineer Bombard. 

• 2 weeks later...

There are a number of action games that I can't play because of motion sickness issues. Warframe has just become one of them :(

I'm not sure why some folks think that things constantly moving adds to the game experience. I'm not aware of my breathing or my head bobbing up and down in real life because my inner ear works with my highly evolved psycho-visual system to filter it out. Why oh why would you go out of your way to put in constant motion and make my eyes and my inner ear start arguing about which one knows what is really happening? 

Shaking balances out strong weapons, so you need to know how to deal with it. If you have teammates, you hsve to decide whether to use a strong weapon causing massive recoil, or to use a weaker one not as affecting as an army of Napalms.

Didn't the game have recoil in it BEFORE they gave my character the spins? I used to be able to play this game, and I can't now. When I'm standing perfectly still with my hand off of the mouse, my view should not move. I can overlook the constant squirming of the mods in my inventory, but the camera constantly moving when I'm not taking any action at all is just really awful. 

I get annoyed when I see a teammate with an Ogris....Im a Paris Prime user.... it's just that I can't use it since Ogris will deliberately throw off my aim...ALL...THE...TIME.

Even if stuff doesn't explode right next to me...why do I have to be affected like I'm some 3 year old human toddler that just had a sip of alcohol?

FFS we are a bunch of huge bio and mech engineered war machines.... Why do we stumble around like infant alcoholics.

Edited by Shehriazad

The shake cam also controls the recoil so having to option to turn shaky cam off would get rid of the recoil in the game.

Which is pants on head stupid as a design decision - for your own recoil? Fine. The issue being I shouldn't be feeling another guy's recoil.

Edited by Taranis49