Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave "intermission"?

Vit0Corleone

It's been 112 days since this current Nightwave Intermission started. That's not very far from 4 months.

Is the "intermission" really an intermission, or more like it's the normal Nightwaves and the other story ones are in fact the real "intermission"?

How long did previous Nightwaves last, does anyone know?

Edited by Vit0Corleone
  • Like 4

Intermission 1 began on June 12th, 2019 and lasted until July 5th, 2019.

Season 2 began on July 6th, 2019 and ended on October 13th, 2019.

So yes, Intermission 2 is longer than regular season, but that was kinda expected because end wad caught in holidays

3 minutes ago, Sunai_Moonswing said:

It's going to end soon, like 2 weeks or so? I know, still feels like a loss for all those who want resources. 

I'm keeping from using catalysts because of it. 

They said we would get plenty of early warning before intermission ends, so I'm guessing at least a couple weeks.

11 minutes ago, Myscho said:

Intermission 1 began on June 12th, 2019 and lasted until July 5th, 2019.

Season 2 began on July 6th, 2019 and ended on October 13th, 2019.

So yes, Intermission 2 is longer than regular season, but that was kinda expected because end wad caught in holidays

Plus the Empyrean launch... and Empyrean fallout.

Given how Emissary launched, and given that they seem to be going for a themed year of content, I can imagine them releasing it in a dump alongside the Corpus Empyrean/Corpus Cruiser rework.

44 minutes ago, Vit0Corleone said:

It's been 112 days since this current Nightwave Intermission started. That's not very far from 4 months.

Is the "intermission" really an intermission, or more like it's the normal Nightwaves and the other story ones are in fact the real "intermission"?

How long did previous Nightwaves last, does anyone know?

You want cool cinematic stories? You want interesting encounters that build the immersion? You want new enemy types that tie into the story? 

Those things take time. 

3 minutes ago, Luciole77 said:

With normal alerts was better....random things and keep players playing....was interesting.

You mean the ones that the vast majority of players just skipped most of the time because it wasn't worth bothering to do unless you didn't already have the helmets on offer? 

The extremely time limited ones that if you weren't online at the time, you missed with no idea when you might see them again because you played for a limited time each week, and it was just luck that decided what was on offer when you happened to log in? 

That's what was what you are claiming was "interesting"? 

LOL. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

You want cool cinematic stories? You want interesting encounters that build the immersion? You want new enemy types that tie into the story? 

Those things take time. 

You mean the ones that the vast majority of players just skipped most of the time because it wasn't worth bothering to do unless you didn't already have the helmets on offer? 

The extremely time limited ones that if you weren't online at the time, you missed with no idea when you might see them again because you played for a limited time each week, and it was just luck that decided what was on offer when you happened to log in? 

That's what was what you are claiming was "interesting"? 

LOL. 

better than nw for sure...i only do nw because the umbra formas...nothing more.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Those were never a part of the old alerts, which only proves the point that players like you, were totally uninterested in doing the alerts for the rewards on offer in the first place. 

Good chat. 

off course  dude....but new players dont have nothing to do because nw is for veteran players. Alerts was a crap tutorial ....and sometimes good for new players and "veterans".

Edited by Luciole77
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Luciole77 said:

With normal alerts was better....random things and keep players playing....was interesting.

You mean the system that majorly screwed over everyone who couldn't or wouldn't be near their PC for more than a few hours a day?

28 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Those things take time. 

Unless they are doing something spectacular, I'd be surprised if that is the reason. If it's anything inline with the other Nightwaves, it's no where that complex. Likely the delay is because they are working on other stuff and not because of how Glassmaker is hard to execute. That would be my guess.

In any case, and back to my point, it's all about expectations. I don't know about you, but when something is labeled "intermission", I don't expect it to take twice as long as the real thing ( or whatever it has been ).

I mean, imagine going to the movies, watch 10 minutes and then waiting around 1 hour while the "intermission" goes, then watch 10 minutes more .. rinse and repeat ..

• Like 1

Unless they are going to change the rewards in a big way what does it matter? Just give us another intermission for all I care. I don't need the new story and cinematics that goes with it. I'd rather see them spend the time fixing existing bugs etc.

2 hours ago, Vit0Corleone said:

this is your life now

Nightwave seasons are like Sortie seasons. They last way too long than originally stated.

The idea of requiring story for this system drags it out way longer than necessary. I would much rather prefer a consistent 2 month Nightwave cycle with new rewards and more Umbral Forma than waiting a year for only 3 seasons.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Luciole77 said:

Its your opinion.

Alerts were objectively terrible let's go down why.

1. The time gate. 

The thing that all alert defenders will never mention cause it immediately tears down the agurment. Alert were random time random place. It was terrible to anyone who dared have a job or had other things to do. Oh there's was potato alert last night, it was 4am in morning when you were getting sleep for you 6-4 shift. You sleep you you lose 

2. Reward? What rewards?

People keep claim that "alerts are sooo rewarding"

e8a.gif

Alerts were nothing but 1000 credits and pitful resource amounts. 1% of the time they were something like an egg or potato but probably happened when you weren't on. Now you may say what  about helmets? And they speed up the process of not caring about alerts cause once you have the helmet that's it no reason to do it the 50 thousand times it shows up afterwards.

3. Terrible for new players

Now pair up the fact that alerts appear at random times and random locations and yeah this alienates new players far more than any strawman against nightwave does. Oh a potato alert that you need for that new warframe too bad you never see it cause it's on planet that you haven't unlocked so the alert doesn't even show for you. Seriously how is that "friendly to new players"?

Now nightwave is is better in all the categories for simple reasons.

1. Leeway with challenges 

You have an entire week to do weekly nightwave challenges and if you don't get them all they comback as recovered challenges so you can easily catch with the current season if you missed out on 80% of it.

2. Actual rewards

Tons rewards along the main path of nightwave and the NW credits let you choose what you need, no waiting 2 months for a catalyst anymore you can just get it with ease  no time gate that places it at 4am in the morning. Plus the prestige rank give nothing but credits for the store so you can stock up on vital resources. To put even more simple i get a years worth of catalyst alerts in 2 weeks of nightwave.

3. More friendly to players

Now yes they're challenges that a new can't really do but thise few on between the other 90% of them can be tackled by nee players and actually help explore parts of the game from different mission types to modding damage types. Since nightwave is fully available from the start new players will be more inclined to do the challenges and explore how to do them, the first rank gives 150 credit ls that's 2 potatoes of your choice, enough nitain to not worry about for a good while or vauban and that's the first rank that's waay more options then anyone start the game with alerts present had.

Alerts were a objectively garabage system