Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave "intermission"?

Vit0Corleone

56 minutes ago, Vit0Corleone said:

Unless they are doing something spectacular, I'd be surprised if that is the reason. If it's anything inline with the other Nightwaves, it's no where that complex. Likely the delay is because they are working on other stuff and not because of how Glassmaker is hard to execute. That would be my guess.

In any case, and back to my point, it's all about expectations. I don't know about you, but when something is labeled "intermission", I don't expect it to take twice as long as the real thing ( or whatever it has been ).

I mean, imagine going to the movies, watch 10 minutes and then waiting around 1 hour while the "intermission" goes, then watch 10 minutes more .. rinse and repeat ..

They did indicate that this go around would have more player involvement overall than the previous two,  though I do think you're ultimately right, it likely has more to do with other things they're working on.

1 hour ago, Luciole77 said:

off course  dude....but new players dont have nothing to do because nw is for veteran players. Alerts was a crap tutorial ....and sometimes good for new players and "veterans".

What are you even talking about? 

The alerts used to be scattered over the star chart. Newbs wouldn't have had access to all of them in the first place. Now at least, they can choose to do the vast majority of challenges in whatever nodes they want, which fit the criteria. 

Run x spy/exterminate/capture/whatever missions? Do it on the starter planet. 

"But what about the elite challenges?" Well see there's two ways to look at that: first is the word elite giving you a hint that newbs probably can't do them anyway; and second is that they're not needed at all to get to tier 30.... So, yay? 

Newbs are objectively better off than before. 

Nice chat. 

2 hours ago, Vit0Corleone said:

Unless they are doing something spectacular, I'd be surprised if that is the reason. If it's anything inline with the other Nightwaves, it's no where that complex. Likely the delay is because they are working on other stuff and not because of how Glassmaker is hard to execute. That would be my guess.

Tell you what, you go make a season of nightwave and get it coded, including crafting new allies/enemies, maybe a nice boss, and the mechanics of all of that, toss in a cinematic story in a few parts, and record all the audio, let's see how long it takes you. 

Don't forget that you also need to split the time working on fixing other stuff as well, since you are aware that that needs to happen, along with putting effort in for some upcoming content. 

Let us know when you get done with it. 

Remember it's one thing to use what someone else makes, and a totally different thing to have to make something for others to use. Creating content, isn't a stroll in the park. 

2 hours ago, Luciole77 said:

off course  dude....but new players dont have nothing to do because nw is for veteran players. 

Nightwave is all about new players. DE is crap at tutorials, and they know it, so they're starting to use things like Nightwave to let new players know that game mechanics exist. Stuff like "Polarize an item with Forma" and the new player has no idea what that is until they try it, and then they do it, and then the fight out that Formas exist and how to use them. Or "Complete five bounties" and that teaches them what the Plains of Eidolon is

2 minutes ago, darkbrick said:

i like Alerts better than this Nightmare

How often did you do them in the last month or two that they existed? 

I did a few extra runs to try and stockpile the mods I figured would go into short supply. But the vast majority of the alerts that happened while I was logged in? "Yeah, not interested", was more than they got from me. The ones that happened when I was not logged in.... Well they were of absolutely no interest to me. 

• Like 1

I would be perfectly happy going back to alerts at this point if they can't be consistent about it. I would be better off for them too since all those systems would be on autopilot and they can just focus on delivering the worthwhile rewards this time around.

It's just another example of the trap they fall into. Same with primed mods, they probably had an idea for 3 - 4 but once they got beyond that they started sweating.

Edited by (PS4)AllOrNothinDays

While I would definitely rather have Season 3 upon us to see what new stuff we get, at least there shouldn't be anybody complaining the Intermission wasn't long enough (there still will be one or two though, there always is), and for those that missed or started playing after Season 1, it's a chance to get the stuff (thankfully without the tedious Wolf fight and those dumb fugitives of his...)

and no, alerts were never as rewarding as nightwave. nobody who had a decent amount of credits or resources ever needed to do them, and likely never wanted to do them. they were just.. there. the rewards were a joke, and on the few occasions they had something that you wanted, it was time gated. what's that, you need Vauban? you better be on at 3am or you'll have to wait another week for his systems...

alerts are gone, and aren't coming back no matter how much some people want them to. bring on Nightwave season 3!

Have to admit... I really was not a big fan of the whole nightwave thingies when it launched.

First season was terrible, the challenges where a lot extra chores for little gain... but it got some adjustments and got better over time and the system kinda grew on me.

However... that last overstretched "intermission" blew all credits DE earned right out of the water. For someone who did all the first seasons most of the higher tier rewards were useless duplicates. I get that they would want to give a chance to newer players to get stuff they might have missed. And that is perfectly fine.

But letting this intermission suffer on for so long was a really bad decision... there is zero incentive to continue collecting those meager "credits" for the only useful stuff to get are reactors/catalysts and Kuva. I have reactors/catalysts coming out my ears and I had all auras and weapons and (most) helmets even before nightwave even started in the first place. And for someone who would really need truckloads of Kuva the nightwave credit system is about as bad as it gets for the time investment required there.

This intermission really needs to die in a huge fire... fast. Very fast.

Edited by DoTengri

15 часов назад, (PS4)guzmantt1977 сказал:

Those were never a part of the old alerts, which only proves the point that players like you, were totally uninterested in doing the alerts for the rewards on offer in the first place. 

Good chat. 

ehm,they could add any new reward to old Alerts reward pool and this would be fine. Old alerts were better than crap we are having rn. 

3 hours ago, Melanholic7 said:

ehm,they could add any new reward to old Alerts reward pool and this would be fine. Old alerts were better than crap we are having rn. 

You expect umbral formas for doing a cycle of a regular starchart defense mission? 

Seriously. Alerts were minimal participation, minimal reward. The minimal reward meant that for many people, participating wasn't something we'd bother to do. That's the nature of that beast. 

"B-but Guz, if they made it a higher level of participation, we could get the high value rewards we crave!"... Congratulations you just figured out what Nightwave is. Welcome to 2019.

But seriously you want to know how ridiculously low effort Nightwave is for us? My time became highly restricted in September. I didn't even log in most days, skipped weeks at a time, was super lucky if I got to play a few hours a week in total. Added to that I already had all of the unique rewards from the previous seasons. I skipped a lot of the challenges, just didn't bother to do them at all. 

I'm currently in the prestige ranks. 

That's how little participation, how minimal of an effort, is required.

I can pick and choose how I want to earn my standing. Alerts never gave us that. 

I can pick and choose when I want to do the challenges. Alerts never gave us that. 

I can pick and choose what rewards I want to collect with the creds I earn. Alerts sure as hell never let us pick rewards. 

So while your nostalgia is cool and everything, it's also a steaming load of crap. The alerts weren't better in any way shape or form, and that's why you skipped the vast majority of them, just like the rest of us. 

18 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Tell you what, you go make a season of nightwave and get it coded, including crafting new allies/enemies, maybe a nice boss, and the mechanics of all of that, toss in a cinematic story in a few parts, and record all the audio, let's see how long it takes you. 

Don't forget that you also need to split the time working on fixing other stuff as well, since you are aware that that needs to happen, along with putting effort in for some upcoming content. 

Let us know when you get done with it. 

Remember it's one thing to use what someone else makes, and a totally different thing to have to make something for others to use. Creating content, isn't a stroll in the park. 

Lol, yeah, it's not the players responsibility to create content.  That's the devs.

At the time nw came out railjack, duviri, new war etc were all well on the horizon for de.   They decided on a 10-12 week season length based (hopefully) on their capability to meet this deadline as well as being able to meet other commitments.  This should have been a result of management assessing workloads and resource capability. 

As we can see however, given the state both lich's and rj released in and the stretching out of not just this intermission but also the previous season, de have once again shown they can't meet deadlines, ever.

This isn't a failure of the devs.  The folks doing the actual coding/ sound/animation etc are likely working their buts off and being pulled in 6 different directions.  This can be laid squarely on the doorstep of the people in charge.

33 minutes ago, (XB1)Hyperion Rexx said:

Lol, yeah, it's not the players responsibility to create content.  That's the devs.

Then you've got to recognize that the players don't get to call the shots on when stuff gets released. That's the devs. 

At the time nw came out railjack, duviri, new war etc were all well on the horizon for de.   They decided on a 10-12 week season length based (hopefully) on their capability to meet this deadline as well as being able to meet other commitments.  This should have been a result of management assessing workloads and resource capability. 

Count the weeks. Seriously, if you don't recall how long it was, count the weeks for the first season. 

Even from the start, they recognised that there has to be a certain amount of flexibility to that "around 10 weeks". 

Worse, for this intermission you fail to recognize that they also had several major events released concurrently. So casual players (you know, the "target audience") would have been forced to choose what their limited time would be spent on.

Now consider what this intermission was made to do. The tiers are filled with the unique rewards that people may have missed the first couple of seasons. So it should be obvious that it's meant to cater to the casuals, while allowing all of us to focus on other stuff, like Railjack, Liches, Fomorian, Plague Star, and Acolytes. 

Is it still a surprise that it's a long run? 

As we can see however, given the state both lich's and rj released in and the stretching out of not just this intermission but also the previous season, de have once again shown they can't meet deadlines, ever.

Your "deadlines", don't seem to be an important factor for their "timelines". What exactly makes you think that they should be? 

This isn't a failure of the devs.  The folks doing the actual coding/ sound/animation etc are likely working their buts off and being pulled in 6 different directions.  This can be laid squarely on the doorstep of the people in charge.

Sure thing bud. Only problem is that you don't seem to recognize the fact that you can plan a pretty picnic, but you can't predict the weather. If they were able to predict the future and see what people would universally enjoy, they would probably be better off just buying lottery tickets. 

Take Echoes of Umbra, the whole forum was full of people speculating how great it would be to have other umbral warframes. Didn't take a genius to recognize that people were probably having actual wetdreams about their Umbra-Inaros or whatever. They figured a way to give that to us. They presented it, obviously expecting that we would have been willing to at least give it a try. 

What happened? 

That same inability to predict what people are going to respond with, applies to every single thing that they are trying to create. Some stuff needs to undergo extensive reworking, like Liches. 

How are you proposing that they plan how much time something that doesn't exist and has never existed, will take to refine? 

Oh right. That's what you said at the start right? Not your job, so you dgaf. 🙄