Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave "intermission"?

Vit0Corleone

With alerts they have more time to do new stuffs....now they cant keep nw. Alerts need to back but with old and new resources.

Why not alerts for railjacks? Why not alerts in cetus? Why not alerts in fortuna? Why not alerts with umbra formas?

NW dont make sense anyway...just a list to do. And with 1/2 days we can finish this....

• Like 2

3 минуты назад, Luciole77 сказал:

With alerts they have more time to do new stuffs....now they cant keep nw. Alerts need to back but with old and new resources.

Why not alerts for railjacks? Why not alerts in cetus? Why not alerts in fortuna? Why not alerts with umbra formas?

NW dont make sense anyway...just a list to do. And with 1/2 days we can finish this....

a list what to do and with no rewards...i mean - first 30 levels were blocked for 1/3 cause dup items for players who played previous season. Then they added 60 prestige levels,where you recieve almost no NW tokens for a level. This is just crap. Worst imaginable Intermission ever. Just waste of time, no rewards, no reason, just dead content cause devs are lazy. I mean, they could make real rewards, but no.

1 hour ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Then you've got to recognize that the players don't get to call the shots on when stuff gets released. That's the devs. 

Count the weeks. Seriously, if you don't recall how long it was, count the weeks for the first season. 

Even from the start, they recognised that there has to be a certain amount of flexibility to that "around 10 weeks". 

Worse, for this intermission you fail to recognize that they also had several major events released concurrently. So casual players (you know, the "target audience") would have been forced to choose what their limited time would be spent on.

Now consider what this intermission was made to do. The tiers are filled with the unique rewards that people may have missed the first couple of seasons. So it should be obvious that it's meant to cater to the casuals, while allowing all of us to focus on other stuff, like Railjack, Liches, Fomorian, Plague Star, and Acolytes. 

Is it still a surprise that it's a long run? 

Your "deadlines", don't seem to be an important factor for their "timelines". What exactly makes you think that they should be? 

Sure thing bud. Only problem is that you don't seem to recognize the fact that you can plan a pretty picnic, but you can't predict the weather. If they were able to predict the future and see what people would universally enjoy, they would probably be better off just buying lottery tickets. 

Take Echoes of Umbra, the whole forum was full of people speculating how great it would be to have other umbral warframes. Didn't take a genius to recognize that people were probably having actual wetdreams about their Umbra-Inaros or whatever. They figured a way to give that to us. They presented it, obviously expecting that we would have been willing to at least give it a try. 

What happened? 

That same inability to predict what people are going to respond with, applies to every single thing that they are trying to create. Some stuff needs to undergo extensive reworking, like Liches. 

How are you proposing that they plan how much time something that doesn't exist and has never existed, will take to refine? 

Oh right. That's what you said at the start right? Not your job, so you dgaf. 🙄

Wow, all of that rather than just agree with something that is glaringly obvious to many, many players - that de can't keep up with their own promises and the reason for that is poor management.   Something Steve himself admitted.

As for all that planning picnics stuff, good management plans for rainy days and makes contingency plans.

Also, I directly addressed they had other projects in the works.  They knew this though when the released nw.  This should have been built into their plan.  It would appear it wasn't. 

I feel I need to post my experience with Alerts whenever these people rant against Alerts... as if they speak the facts about how bad they were...

My experience with alerts, as someone who had 2 jobs at the time and still slept and played Warframe, was far different from these people who rant against Alerts. Both experiences were clearly possible, as they were experienced, so it comes down to RNG (though I think a lot of it was people purposefully ignoring Alerts when they were on, rather than always missing the good stuff, because my results were indicative of extremely good RNG otherwise, and I don't have good RNG...)

As I've posted before, in 1 year (with 2 jobs), from Alerts, I acquired 30+ reactors and catalysts over and above installing them in all the good gear I had (I'm still using up my stockpile, not supplemented at all from Nightwave, sitting on 20 reactors still, so I haven't hit my Nightwave purchases by a long shot - some may have come from Invasions, but I did many times fewer invasions in my first year playing.) I had over 150 Nitain extract. I had ALL the alt helmets available at the time (except one I purposefully ignored). I had all the weapon blueprints. I had ALL the aura mods plus extra to give to friends who I was trying to invite. I had the nightmare mods (unsure if all, but if not, most), and tons upon tons of Oxium, Tellurium, and other rare resources that funded the Research and Development costs of my solo dojo, as well as the construction of all my archwings. And the Kavat genetic codes to create my Adarza and Smeeta, as well as a stockpile to eventually make my Vasca.

Alerts made my newbie days bearable, giving me access to resources long before I had access to the planets where they were plentiful. Alerts were quick -- 1 mission, immediate reward. They made the game feel like it was rewarding me for completing special missions. They were very newbie friendly, speaking as a newbie at the time they were beneficial to me. Sure, I missed some alerts on planets I couldn't reach, but there were plenty that I just outright ignored, even though I COULD have done them, since I didn't like Interception missions - I skipped them all, and the rewards I could have gotten from them, I got at a later time, since alerts were so abundant - it never felt like I was "missing out" because I missed an alert... another alert would come around again. I pity new newbies since Nightwave was introduced.

Now, to get all that stuff, of the items you can get in the cred store, it would take 3+ years of uninterrupted Nightwave, and I still wouldn't have as much as I got from Alerts (because Nightwave doesn't offer all that stuff now). To say Alerts were not rewarding is at worst a lie, and at best ignoring my good experience with the RNG of it - a person who worked 2 jobs and had other responsibilities... to say your RNG was as bad as these stories say... is misleading at best, or you played during very short windows that literally avoided all the good stuff. (given my limited play time during that period, I call foul on that possibility, as I played in short windows too.)

Alerts didn't have to go away. They don't conflict with Nightwave apart from making it easier for players to get cash shop items - which I think is the real reason they got rid of Alerts.

All alerts needed was a few tweaks to make them less "short term window availability", and larger rewards for fewer alerts... like bundling a bunch of alerts together. I'd have Nitain type alerts stay up 24hrs at a time for 4... so any day you log in, you get your 4 Nitain. I'd have important catalyst type stuff stay up 36hrs GOTL style. Other stuff would range from 4-12hrs of availability. I'd add a way to "lock in" up to 10 alerts to complete at a time of your choosing. The lock in ability would be In-game, in a phone app, and a website interface. You might miss a few 4hr windows over night and at work, but beyond that, you should be able to get everything.

Nightwave, on the other hand, is a chore list, and if you want to be as rewarded as you could have been from Alerts, you need to be able to do the Elite Acts each week to keep up with the needed creds to purchase all the stuff in comparison to alerts as I calculated above. Given most newbies aren't going to be able to do that, and getting into the prestige ranks are required to keep on par with old Alerts, Nightwave is objectively worse than Alerts on the scales that really matter, IMO.

Nightwave's only benefit over alerts, is the inclusion of Umbra Forma, and a few cash shop things like slots. It basically takes over my schedule until I'm done with rank 30's unique rewards. After that, I ignore Nightwave entirely to forget it exists, very unlike Alerts that I was always watching to see if it had something I wanted every moment I was online. While I'm into prestige ranks without trying, this intermission has gone on much longer than it "should" (and others were extended as well, long past their initial plans)... which is good for the people I have recently invited to the game, but not so much for people who have done it all, and are going into prestige ranks 61-90.

Nightwave is fine for a few short term story events with short-term reward ladders, but as a 24/7 game system, it's very lacking compared to Alerts. They should have kept Alerts for those who it worked for, and added Nightwave with its cred shop for people who that system works for. (and creds should NEVER expire)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

You expect umbral formas for doing a cycle of a regular starchart defense mission? 

Seriously. Alerts were minimal participation, minimal reward. The minimal reward meant that for many people, participating wasn't something we'd bother to do. That's the nature of that beast. 

"B-but Guz, if they made it a higher level of participation, we could get the high value rewards we crave!"... Congratulations you just figured out what Nightwave is. Welcome to 2019.

But seriously you want to know how ridiculously low effort Nightwave is for us? My time became highly restricted in September. I didn't even log in most days, skipped weeks at a time, was super lucky if I got to play a few hours a week in total. Added to that I already had all of the unique rewards from the previous seasons. I skipped a lot of the challenges, just didn't bother to do them at all. 

I'm currently in the prestige ranks. 

That's how little participation, how minimal of an effort, is required.

I can pick and choose how I want to earn my standing. Alerts never gave us that. 

I can pick and choose when I want to do the challenges. Alerts never gave us that. 

I can pick and choose what rewards I want to collect with the creds I earn. Alerts sure as hell never let us pick rewards. 

So while your nostalgia is cool and everything, it's also a steaming load of crap. The alerts weren't better in any way shape or form, and that's why you skipped the vast majority of them, just like the rest of us. 

While the intermission 1 ran for only 6 weeks. So that was was very high participation.

12 hours ago, Melanholic7 said:

just dead content cause devs are lazy. I mean, they could make real rewards, but no.

The devs are not lazy! God I hate it when people say stuff like that. The devs have other priorities and you may wish they would spend time on your issue but they are not sitting around doing nothing just to piss you off.

On 2020-02-12 at 11:09 AM, Melanholic7 said:

a list what to do and with no rewards...i mean - first 30 levels were blocked for 1/3 cause dup items for players who played previous season. Then they added 60 prestige levels,where you recieve almost no NW tokens for a level. This is just crap. Worst imaginable Intermission ever. Just waste of time, no rewards, no reason, just dead content cause devs are lazy. I mean, they could make real rewards, but no.

What? First 30 levels blocked? What nonsense. 

Yes many of us already had the cosmetic rewards. But the few rewards that most of us who already hit max rank in the first 2 seasons coveted were still there. Feel free to dispute that all you want after you've dumped the free slots, potatoes, kuva, exilus adapter, forma, arcane, aura forma and especially that Umbra forma. 

As to the "almost nooooo tokens for a level" you need to recognize that you generally got around 50 cred for every 5 tiers beyond the first one which is heavily weighted to benefit the newbs. That's roughly 10/tier for most of the ranks. In prestige you get 15/tier. That's 75/5 tiers. Do you even math, bro? Do you even math

Also my stockpile of potatoes laughs at your claim that we didn't get rewarded. Check the market and tell us what a potato generally costs us. 

On 2020-02-12 at 12:33 PM, (PS4)AyinDygra said:

As I've posted before, in 1 year (with 2 jobs), from Alerts, I acquired 30+ reactors and catalysts over and above installing them in all the good gear I had (I'm still using up my stockpile, not supplemented at all from Nightwave, sitting on 20 reactors still, so I haven't hit my Nightwave purchases by a long shot - some may have come from Invasions, but I did many times fewer invasions in my first year playing.)

Reactors generally came from the Gift alerts which haven't changed at all, and occasionally from invasions which again haven't changed at all. Do you recall clearly how many of those actually came from the regular alerts?

21 hours ago, (XB1)Demon Intellect said:

While the intermission 1 ran for only 6 weeks. So that was was very high participation.

You mean the one with half the number of tiers, with half the number of weeks to complete them? How's that work out to "high participation required"? 

11 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

What? First 30 levels blocked? What nonsense. 

Yes many of us already had the cosmetic rewards. But the few rewards that most of us who already hit max rank in the first 2 seasons coveted were still there. Feel free to dispute that all you want after you've dumped the free slots, potatoes, kuva, exilus adapter, forma, arcane, aura forma and especially that Umbra forma. 

As to the "almost nooooo tokens for a level" you need to recognize that you generally got around 50 cred for every 5 tiers beyond the first one which is heavily weighted to benefit the newbs. That's roughly 10/tier for most of the ranks. In prestige you get 15/tier. That's 75/5 tiers. Do you even math, bro? Do you even math

Also my stockpile of potatoes laughs at your claim that we didn't get rewarded. Check the market and tell us what a potato generally costs us. 

Reactors generally came from the Gift alerts which haven't changed at all, and occasionally from invasions which again haven't changed at all. Do you recall clearly how many of those actually came from the regular alerts?

You mean the one with half the number of tiers, with half the number of weeks to complete them? How's that work out to "high participation required"? 

Wow be condescending. You could gain usually 3 levels a week if you did all but 1 task. 3 per week to get to 15 puts it at 5 weeks, so you had a week buffer. So yeah I'd call that pretty high participation. Not very smart are you?

4 hours ago, (XB1)Demon Intellect said:

Wow be condescending. You could gain usually 3 levels a week if you did all but 1 task. 3 per week to get to 15 puts it at 5 weeks, so you had a week buffer. So yeah I'd call that pretty high participation. Not very smart are you?

At that time it was over 40k standing per week, as I recall. That's 4 tiers per week. You got to 15 in under 4 weeks. Skipping an elite would have still given you over 3.5 tiers per week. Even skipping one elite every single week, by the start of fifth week you would have needed a minimum 2 out of the remaining 28 remaining challenges to complete tier 15.

So yeah, your math sounds great, if you are trying to convince someone who didn't actually do it. As someone who actually participated and remembers doing what you described, well, let's say that your attempt has been found to be wanting. Better luck next time. 

Good chat. 👍