Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack PVP?

(NSW)FlameDivinity

I didn't think I had to say this, BUT THIS IS JUST AN IDEA. Please read the post instead of reading the title and immediately commenting.

1v1, group (3 per team, 2 teams), and free4all battles.

The goal is to gain access and infiltrate your the opponent's ship, and kill the pilot.

The roles and count are:

Pilot - 1

On-board Crew - 3

Archwing Blizters - 4

You cannot change your role mid-match.

Players can select between four different predetermined archwing, archgun, archmelee primary, secondary, and melee loadouts. Each with the same mods and stats, the only differences are the unique abilities, which DE can easily tweak to balance.

Youcan use any Warframe, but your abilities will be 4 predetermined loadouts as well. Each loadout for each weapon and WF ability set will be split into DPS, Tank, Healing, and Buff Support. On-board Crew will have the DPS loadout in all weapons and WFs by default. Teams are required to have at least 2 different Warframe roles in 1v1 and free4all, and at least one of each 4 Warframe roles in group battles. You can choose weapons to your liking.

1v1, where the railiacks and archwings have more health to compensate for less opponents, and group battles where the health is less, but still substantial. F4a will be the same as group battles in terms of health and shields.

I don't want this to be a "2 minute rush - we're done" type of deal. I want it to be an actual grand, epic battle that takes time, strategy, and quick thinking.

What are your thoughts? I think, if done right, railjack pvp could be extremely epic.

8 minutes ago, SpiritTeA said:

RailJack is interceptor/infiltrator not a fighter. Not very fun to use it for wrong purpose. Railjack races would be fun tho. Also not mention different bugs which can occur in such “epic” battle lol

I added information to clarify the post.

Edited by (NSW)FlameDivinity

I can see where you are coming from, a sort of Pirate ship team battle, but I just cannot see Warframe's version being anything but a lopsided mess. Either boarding parties are ridiculously OP and Archwings will fly circles around defenseless Railjacks, or boarding parties will be worthless and pilot will be the only fun role on the ship

20 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

I can see where you are coming from, a sort of Pirate ship team battle, but I just cannot see Warframe's version being anything but a lopsided mess. Either boarding parties are ridiculously OP and Archwings will fly circles around defenseless Railjacks, or boarding parties will be worthless and pilot will be the only fun role on the ship

I should add the role of RJ crew.

Added some tweaks. I may repost this thread if I need to make more.

Edited by (NSW)FlameDivinity

42 minutes ago, o0Despair0o said:

I'm just gonna assume that you are aware that basically nobody around here plays PvP.

I take exception to that remark 😠

It's this kind of blatant misinformation spreading that convinces someone on the fence about trying out PvP for fun to just not even attempt to load a lobby, creating a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Passing on Railjack PVP, the PVE version of the mode isn't even in a working state yet, and there are better workshop ideas for PVP modes out there. So until its in a very fleshed out and stable state I dont think Railjacks should be involved. 

1 hour ago, (NSW)FlameDivinity said:

After Railjack, TNW, and Modular Archwings are finished, what would you think of Railjack pvp?

Negative Ghostrider.

Railjack was rushed out in a broken and buggy state, and DE seems to have made getting it right their current focus. Which means development on anything and everything else is going to be slowed as they try to get Railjack working properly. Art and Sound teams may be pushing ahead but they can only do so much on their own.

New War is going to be a year-long thing. They've said it's not going to be a single content drop that everyone will have done in a few hours: it's going to span multiple releases over the course of the year. They're trying to see if they can minimize the content droughts by spreading the content out, and it gives them a way to present a more drawn-out, interconnected story instead of the mostly self-contained modules we've been getting.

Modular Archwings have only just been talked about, and anytime DE mentions something new like that it takes them ages to get it working properly. Remember that it took 18 months to get Railjack from Tennocon 2018 Demo to a shipped, playable (if buggy) gamemode. Additionally, here they don't have the benefit of designing from the ground up: they have to take existing assets and figure out how to rework them so they function in the new system without screwing up in-progress builds, masteries, achievements, etc... Furthermore, if they make all the Archwings modular, how are they going to handle Odonata Prime, as it is the only Primed Archwing? Yet another problem to figure out and it's all going to take time.

Basically you're looking at at least a year, if not more, before the things you mentioned are actually 'finished.' After all that, they still have Duviri Paradox to push, assuming it is not part of The New War. Even if PVP was something DE wanted to do (and all signs indicate the opposite) they've not given themselves any opportunity for the foreseeable future to work on it.

4 hours ago, (NSW)FlameDivinity said:

After Railjack, TNW, and Modular Archwings are finished, what would you think of Railjack pvp?

1v1, group (3 per team, 2 teams), and free4all battles.

The goal is to gain access and infiltrate your the opponent's ship, and kill the pilot.

The roles and count are:

Pilot - 1

On-board Crew - 3

Archwing Blizters - 4

You cannot change your role mid-match.

Players can select between four different predetermined archwing, archgun, archmelee primary, secondary, and melee loadouts. Each with the same mods and stats, the only differences are the unique abilities, which DE can easily tweak to balance.

Youcan use any Warframe, but your abilities will be 4 predetermined loadouts as well. Each loadout for each weapon and WF ability set will be split into DPS, Tank, Healing, and Buff Support. On-board Crew will have the DPS loadout in all weapons and WFs by default. Teams are required to have at least 2 different Warframe roles in 1v1 and free4all, and at least one of each 4 Warframe roles in group battles. You can choose weapons to your liking.

1v1, where the railiacks and archwings have more health to compensate for less opponents, and group battles where the health is less, but still substantial. F4a will be the same as group battles in terms of health and shields.

I don't want this to be a "2 minute rush - we're done" type of deal. I want it to be an actual grand, epic battle that takes time, strategy, and quick thinking.

What are your thoughts? I think, if done right, railjack pvp could be extremely epic.

This could be a pretty cool idea. I think it would be great to have naval battles in space between railjacks.

Considering the massive difference in our power as an infantry unit compared to our ship's power, there would have to be a complete disconnect from boarding. In fact, Archwing would have to be disabled entirely. And due to RNG stats on wreckage, there is no cemented balance possible. No. Just no. There's so many things wrong with engaging in PvP in Warframe.
Let's do a list of things that can go wrong.

1. Boarding parties. With the arsenal at our disposal, all it would take is one shot to end a player once boarded. Which means those on the guns have to know and move IMMEDIATELY the moment someone comes on board and they have to hit them first. At this point, we're back to regular conclave and all of its problems and changes and whatnot so that immediately becomes vastly different than the rest of the game.
  2. Archwing. Given the high speeds and disgusting agility these little monsters have especially the untouchable god that is Amesha, Archwing would have to be overhauled and either eliminated for ramsleds or simply relegated to Archwing Slingshot boarding shots. Imagine trying to hit a fly with a gun. Not gonna be fun.
  3. The raw speed of a fully upgraded Railjack. Seriously. I have been left in the dust in an Itzal with maximum speed and blinking every chance I get. A good engine makes the Railjack dummy fast. Which means tracking an enemy Railjack can be quite difficult.
  4. Why bother with any guns? Ram them. I mean, enemies die on the regular just for hitting the Railjack.
  5. Failure system. That'd have to go away quick as a hiccup.
  6. With a system to kill the pilot/captain of the enemy railjack, that really hinges the entire game on the life of one player instead of the entire team. Bad idea. Really bad idea.
  7. Warframe is peer to peer. Raids had 8 people max and that was a nightmare on the engine. Now ya wanna double that. Good idea. Fantastic idea. And when one person gets grumpy, leaves, and forces a host migration, everything falls apart, world coming apart at its seams and the whole match is ruined.
  8. Why? Why even bother with a PvP system for Railjack? Conclave obviously hasn't garnered a ton of attention and hasn't garnered the attention of updates. Let's add another Conclave when the one we have is a broken mess.

Honestly, there are much better options out there if you want a PvP of this type of gameplay. I hate to be pessimistic, but go play those if you want that kind of PvP.

25 minutes ago, (XB1)The Repo Man151 said:

Does it always have to be about gain? Can't you just enjoy playing the mode, rewards be damned?

Thats the general point of taking an action .... to gain something.  Now i generally play warframe for stress relief and story since i have most things in the game.

Pvp of any kind only stresses me out and gives me rage at it's annoying elements. Saying i loathe or hate all pvp is not a sufficient description.  There are no words in any language which properly describe my loathing for pvp.

So for me there would be no enjoyment to be had. And no functional reward. What pvp we already have is barely played.  I don't see railjack pvp being something that players would flock to.

If they do it and you enjoy it though.  You do you

Edited by (PS4)Kakurine2