[DE]Megan

Empyrean: Prime Vault 27.1.1

5 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed ability to spawn Crewships almost indefinitely, resulting in exploitive Intrinsic farming.

i know this could come as pretty shocking, to you, but have you even thought that maybe, JUST maybe, the reason why players always go for this kind of farming tactic is because normal intrinsic is just not worth it? like, it's too painful to do it in the normal way? have you ever thought that maybe, you could attack the core of the problem, rather than the leaves?

same for liches. the root of the real problem is murmur farming. it's random and inconsistant as #*!%. it's also counter intuitive, as you need to stop killing mobs once one spawn. one mission you can get 3, one mission, the maximum 10. ho, and if your liche appears, you need to stop killing mobs entirely, if you want it to convert the 10 thrall limit. this seriously sucks, DE. i don't understand how you can think that something PREVENTING us from killing stuff to be effective ( you know, killing, in a shooter game. ) is good game design. it's backward as HELL.

Ho, and as well as Liches being a thing entirely on their own, in no way connected to the main game. it's completely separated. either you do the liches, and ignore the rest of the game, or play the rest of the game, completely ignoring liches.

For Hell's sake, why do they get to passively steal my stuff while i can't gain some murmur while playing on their node? like, one or two thralls per mission to allow playing more passively. because as it stands now, if you want to do lich progress, you are FORCED to entirely focus, exclusively, on lich stuff, and let down everything else. this seriously sucks. we need a method of passive farming, a method of medorate farming ( which we have now ) and a power method one, where you get to do as many murmur as you want in a mission, say s survival, or any endless. or get to go to a place where you lich is hiding, and be able to kill them again and again and again until you got every requiems, which would really make this more bearable.

Edited by mikakor
  • Like 1

Just farmin for a new bramma with my Ivara after the update but...seems to me I'm taking A LOT more damage than before? Maybe the update screwed up something with armor, or arcanes or whatever?

Edited by Squizzolo

Just now, Accidential_Poisoner_2 said:

RIVENS are worse on KUVA  VARIANTS ???

Not only are stats different for the kuva variant, when you go to buy a riven you are expecting the stats shown to be what you get and that influences what you will pay the seller.  In this case i was unaware we would get a lesser version of the riven if put on a Kuva variant as it only showed the normal Nukors stats with said riven. You wont know till you have one and it really gives you buyers remorse. If you did mention this as a change it wasn't apparent at all looking back through the updates and it is really annoying that to avoid power creep you implement something like this and just keep your player base in the dark.

NUKOR -- 

Disposition 5

379.5%

155.6%

-29.5%

Screenshot_29.png

KUVA NUKOR --

Dispositon 3 ??

267.7%

107.3%

-20.4%

Screenshot_30.png

They mentioned it before. All Kuva variants (and now variants like Prime and syndicate) have their own dispositions. Since Kuva variants are new they started at default 3. As for displayed stats I agree it needs to show you the stats for each version.

NIGHTWAVE INTERMISSION II TIER EXPANSION:

The next Nightwave Series, Glassmaker, is in development! While Glassmaker work continues, Intermission II is reaching (or perhaps has already reached for some) its maximum Prestige Rank 60. In order for those who have prestiged to Rank 60 to have Intermission II Creds to spend in the Cred Offerings store, more Prestige Ranks must be given. Thus we have increased the maximum prestige Ranks to 90! 

愚蠢!!!!!!!!

Can we please get some answers about our broken survivability? It's been almost a month. We know you're aware of it. We haven't forgotten about it. If you don't know what to do (which is understandable because the problem doesn't seem to have obvious solution) - don't just try to keep silence until it resolves itself, please. Make a dedicated forum thread to gather the player reports. We can help. We want to help. We can't forget about this because we keep dying multiple times a day for a reasons that wouldn't make a scratch earlier. It's pain to see how you discuss making enemies more lethal on a devstream while keeping silence of a bug that already made them much more lethal. *Or not a bug?* Talk to us about it. Please.

• Like 1

At least add some rewards into the Nightwave store if you’re gonna extend the boring intermission for even longer than 14 friggin weeks.

Add Arlo’s flame, or even the Umbra forma into the store. This is terrible.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Voltage said:

The core gameplay for Kuva Liches still doesn't feel right. 

Don't get me wrong, the changes to weapon visibility is nice, but a majority of the core gameplay is Murmur farming which is quite frustrating a majority of the time. Unless you guess the first 2 Requiems correctly before you started to unlock the third Murmur tier, your Kuva Lich takes much longer to vanquish/convert. The pacing of Liches seem to be all over the place because of Murmurs and the structure of Liches. Sometimes as a player you are asking yourself if these intended to take 2-3 hours sometimes or just 1 and a half. Despite all the awesome changes for visibility and opting in to a Lich, the core loop is still the same. You must farm Murmurs whether you want to brute force Parazon combinations or solve your Requiems.

Well... yes... additional variety and/or occasional changes of pace might be nice. (Same holds of railjack missions. Then again, railjack missions are a change of pace, and so are the eidolon and orb vallis bosses...)

(But, if you are converting a lich, do you need to get it to rank 5? Or does that not make a difference in how it plays, later?)

6 hours ago, Voltage said:

The core gameplay for Kuva Liches still doesn't feel right. 

Don't get me wrong, the changes to weapon visibility is nice, but a majority of the core gameplay is Murmur farming which is quite frustrating a majority of the time. Unless you guess the first 2 Requiems correctly before you started to unlock the third Murmur tier, your Kuva Lich takes much longer to vanquish/convert. The pacing of Liches seem to be all over the place because of Murmurs and the structure of Liches. Sometimes as a player you are asking yourself if these intended to take 2-3 hours sometimes or just 1 and a half. Despite all the awesome changes for visibility and opting in to a Lich, the core loop is still the same. You must farm Murmurs whether you want to brute force Parazon combinations or solve your Requiems.

Lich spawns themselves are pretty awful and inconsistent. The anger meter resetting each time until Rank 5 doesn't make sense. Liches sometimes spawning multiple missions in a row while also having some situations where an Enraged Lich won't spawn is annoying. The time in which a Lich does spawn should be reduced to the first 90 seconds of a mission. Doing an Exterminate/Capture/Sabotage/Rescue in under 2 minutes only to alt-tab for 2-3 more minutes to ensure you don't miss any Thralls or a Lich spawn is not great gameplay.

As always, thank you for the Oberon Prime and Nekros Prime Unvault.

It's that old familiar Warframe problem. The Kuva Lich content is an island, separate from everything else. You get a lich, a few nodes on the star chart change, and you get to play contained missions separated from everything else. Now, the hope is the squad-link mechanics they teased will somewhat fix this, providing alternate ways to earn Murmurs or some other way of advancing the Lich hunting. Personally, I'm not holding my breath.

Another funny thing about this is that the Lich system was directly inspired by the Shadow of Mordor games. However, one of the most interesting aspects of that game is absent. Namely, how orcs would sometimes ambush you or how you would sometimes run into an orc you were not ready to confront by accident. While I understand the need to make the Lich system opt-in, the system has none of that organic, serendipitous aspect even after you DO opt-in. You can completely ignore your "nemesis" with barely a consequence (oh, no, he took 1000 ferrite from my rewards, woe is me). So, really, that only lesson they took from SoM was procedurally generated enemies, everything else is isolated and largely inconsequential for the game as a whole.

• Like 1

Could you please add some past stuff from other nightwaves to "NIGHTWAVE INTERMISSION II TIER EXPANSION" or the weekly purchase options so that we have more to work for than potatos and nitain? That would be awesome if you did.

7 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

• Fixes towards Kuva Liches spawning midair in the Jupiter Gas City tileset and falling forever into teleport volumes.

Thanks so much for this fix. It was so annoying to have that happen since the Lich System came to the Game.

Ivara Prime's Prowl is distorted in more recent patches. 

I vote for the old silhouette version. The new, distorted version ruins the star field effect. 

You can control this with the Distortions graphics setting. 

Distortions On

Bgm6iFY.png

Distortions Off

3ClFCaj.png

Credit

Edited by Guest

Help, Warframe launcher is stuck on "checking for new content" and won't download the patch.

9 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

NIGHTWAVE INTERMISSION II TIER EXPANSION:

The next Nightwave Series, Glassmaker, is in development! While Glassmaker work continues, Intermission II is reaching (or perhaps has already reached for some) its maximum Prestige Rank 60. In order for those who have prestiged to Rank 60 to have Intermission II Creds to spend in the Cred Offerings store, more Prestige Ranks must be given. Thus we have increased the maximum prestige Ranks to 90! 

Thank you!

vor 10 Stunden schrieb [DE]Megan:

Well, sucks to be one who had left Nightwave rest after having reached the (former) maximum of P30.

vor 5 Stunden schrieb Accidential_Poisoner_2:

RIVENS are worse on KUVA  VARIANTS ???

That is intended.
It was stated in a former DevStream that they wished to balance it out that way.

would still love to see projectile flight speed modifiers added to the acceltra (terminal velocity, zephyr's jet stream augment, rivens with + flight speed ) 

Positive notes for those who read, upon login check your nightwave status and you'll be getting a bunch of extra points.  I think I got 5 levels...so it seems like they're only counting the last two weeks and nothing before.  

Negative, the addition of 30 levels signifies that this is going to be a while.  About 4 levels a week+dailies is about 5 levels.  30 total/5 per week = 6 weeks.  Add in the 2ish weeks of extra and we're looking at 7*8= 56 days more.  

Can we maybe not continue with the Nightwave farce?  Joking aside, DE doesn't seem to have the resources to support it.  Whether this is skills, time, or manpower the intermissions now have lasted longer than the seasons themselves.  How about you just introduce a moderate currency associated with sorties, so that most of the population can earn something daily.  You could keep the rotating weekly awards, and have an endless mission challenge weekly.  The endless mission would reward scaling currency, and reset weekly to provide a challenge.  In this way each week would have daily challenges, weekly ones, rewards would be able to be earned rather than be an RNG drop, and you could reintroduce alerts for small caches of the currency, which could last fro 8-12 hours so people can earn them.  Alerts come back, along with earnable currency, but neither would require constant updates like nightwave.  

Hide the catalysts, reactors, cosmetics, kuva, and Nitain behind the wall.  Also, include one of the arbitration exclusive arcanes per week.  Reward auras and a token amount of the currency for the alert missions, to give new players the auras and a taste of the new currency to get them hooked.  The end of this cycle will be when people accumulate stockpiles of the currency, so limit it syndicate style.  This will drive a desire to spend currency to get something, and if the something is a constant resource generator it'll provide a much less easily detected grind.

10 часов назад, [DE]Megan сказал:

Fixed Kuva Bramma explosion and projectile sounds being too loud for non local players

Thank you very much for this!

Can heavy attacks please not consume the combo counter when you swing and DON'T hit anything? This feels even worse on smaller range weapons which can't really hit adjacent enemies if the heavy attack misses the main target, unlike polearms/whips/etc.

Will the numerous visual bugs with zaw nikanas ever be fixed?

Can the team please reconsider having random stats on pets with the upcoming rework? RNG stats feel miserable (Liches, Railjack) and enough pets are already bred and dumped because of body type/energy color/head/tail.

An issue with the Hulta armor got fixed with Hydroid this patch. Can we please do this for Oberon's base skin? It's been in the game for at least 2 years.

Spoiler

2017:20171118231156_1.jpg

2020: Hulta-leg-offset-Oberon-base-skin.jpg

BTW: Bugjack is still buggy.
~imepenatrable wall of suck when using side guns (re; can't see past this big irregular patch of black)
~Still have my archwing blade and gun show up randomly in hand when arriving on a point of interest or back at the 'jack.
~Inabillity to use ANY avionics on the tactical or battle grid if not host.

~Being one shotted in anything but the Amesha.  Still.

Thank you for the other fixes though.🤪

• Like 1