Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Empyrean: Prime Vault 27.1.1

[DE]Megan

В 11.02.2020 в 22:23, InappropriateTennoName5009 сказал:

feels right if your objective is to add trade value for weapons and epherma by making the process something you want to skip using plat...nothing wrong with that ..just perspectives are different 

The murmur grind is just ain't right. With all the RNG around Liches, there is also a mechanic that literally FORCES you to play same missions for 2 hours straight.

On 2020-02-11 at 6:58 PM, [DE]Megan said:

NIGHTWAVE INTERMISSION II TIER EXPANSION:

The next Nightwave Series, Glassmaker, is in development! While Glassmaker work continues, Intermission II is reaching (or perhaps has already reached for some) its maximum Prestige Rank 60. In order for those who have prestiged to Rank 60 to have Intermission II Creds to spend in the Cred Offerings store, more Prestige Ranks must be given. Thus we have increased the maximum prestige Ranks to 90! 

Tfw content drought goes on for so long they have to increase the content drought cap

As a casual player who had no idea what he was getting into, I executed a "mercy" in the middle of a chaotic combat, only to discover I had locked myself into a game mechanic that will probably take me weeks to crawl out of.  Level 60-70 content is a struggle for my gear, but somehow, in a 32-36 level mission, I get locked into a mechanic that requires grinding 60-70 level content (occupied planets) to get relics, murmurs, and break open requiem relics.  I am not a 2 minute speed runner and 60-70 level content is literally at my current max capability (2 missions with thralls, died in 1 out of 2, for example) ... and now I have to grind the hell out of it, at a snails pace, and, all along the way, earning nothing to help me advance so that this very content is more accessible to me so these stressful missions at my mod and experience level get any easier.

In a game that is all about resources and more resources ... I now have a resource monkey on my back that I didn't know I was going to be married to ... because why would I even pay attention to Kuva Liches (as they are more high end content) or how they work or what I accidentally did to myself.  I don't have a powerful clan, the few people I play with are same or lower experience/gear level, and now I get to beg them to help run a grind with no worthwhile rewards for the hours and hours I will need from them to get this &*)(^)&*(!@# stupid mechanic off my damn back.  Why on earth would you expose people unlocking Sedna to a mechanic that might screw them until they can tackle 60-70 content grind, which is no small step and no small feat to get the required mods to survive, let alone thrive, at that level for casual players.  All I can hope is that this Lich doesn't spread beyond Mercury for a while, but how and when they spread is unclear to me.

Wow, DE.  Way to forget that not all your player base are hardcore min/max players.  You peeps worry so much about the hardcore players burning thru your content, you have now forsaken those of us who like to take our time, play less frequently, and exposed us to an in mission choice that cannot be undone and locks us into an insane grind well above our pay grade, all with ZERO in mission context, story build up, or general warning that your day is about to be ruined.  Some of us are horizontal players, who move up the power ladder slower, rather than cruising fast upwards and back filling content with more powerful gear.  Some of us don't play 40 hours a week every week.

Oh, and at the end of this, I get a great weapon (is it???) ... that I still can barely provide 4x forma for and few mods I don't even have yet!?!?!?  I think I have earned maybe 2000-2500 ducats in the entire time I have played and actually visited Baro like 5 times.  I still need probably 1/3 of the Lith relic contents ... why on earth would you link 60-70 level, locked in penalty content, to fairly low level content!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Suggestions:

1.> Add worthwhile drops to this grind for mid tier players working their way up, so that you at least improve in tandem with the super awful grind this appears to be.  My occupied planet is Mercury ... geee ... guess what, these missions are doing nothing to help me, even when playing at level 60-70 lich mode.  What a tedious, boring, awful experience this is already, and I have run 2 missions in the occupied territory ... 30-40 more to go of this old content and newbie reward set ...?!?!?!?  Maybe by then, I will have 1/3 of the requiem relics i need, but will then struggle to unlock, getting common after common after common.

2.> Don't make the commitment in the mission = instant triggering of the quest.  Change the dynamic to commitment to that Lich, but require it to be enabled in the quests system before the Lich is re-born and becomes a resource drain before you are ready to actually tackle it.

3.> Simply add a quest to just enable the stupid Kuva Larvae in the first place ... removing the accidental bad decision for those of us completely naive and unconcerned with knowing everything about the new, higher level content you are releasing that we can't play in yet.

Now that I know more about the Kuva Lich system, the whole thing seems to be poorly thought out. 

* "Quest" line lock in is start-able at level 30+ content (maybe lower?)

* Requiems relics available via Kuva siphon missions (levels 25-35) and flood (80-100) ...?!?!?!  Uh, OK.

* Thralls ... 60-70 level, provide Requiem relics.

* Opening Requiems relics is level 60-70 missions... ?

For end game content?  This is annoying to 30-50 level content players, as we can't efficiently grind the dozens of missions to get relics or open them.  This is also annoying for end game players, as this content is not challenging to them, so it is tedious for the opposite reason.  50 thralls kills per parazon mod identification on a planet that possibly has no drops or resources that a 30+ could really benefit from is certainly double worse for end game players, who really don't need more crap mods and ferrite.  Nobody wins the entire distance to the weapons.  I also don't hear anybody being super excited about these weapons from youtube etc, so a long, tedious grind for everyone, no matter what, and I am not even sure if I the end result will be worthwhile.

While I appreciate that Warframe continues to generate new content at a rapid pace, please keep in mind that some of us aren't going to see all of it for a while, so it would be great if you didn't trick us into decisions that not only force us into it, but lock us into it, for god knows how long.  Thanks.

Edit:  Oh, and now to discover I can only run one of each of the freaking occupied missions, so I can't even get this Kuva monkey off my damn back by running the 60-70 level missions that are more accessible to my gear and experience endlessly ... I am done with Kuva Lich.  If his influence spreads beyond Mercury, I guess the game just got needlessly harder for me until I can cruise thru 60-70 level content.  Awesome. 😞

11 hours ago, BlackRogue1 said:

As a casual player who had no idea what he was getting into, I executed a "mercy" in the middle of a chaotic combat, only to discover I had locked myself into a game mechanic that will probably take me weeks to crawl out of...

This is why I believe the Lich system should have been implemented as a repeatable quest from the codex. Doing so would require players to consciously activate it, larvling spawns could be tied to a specific node, and lastly the quest box in the codex could be used to relay the pertinent pros and cons to new players before they choose to open it.

I really see no reason DE did not implement it as an additional repeatable quest. Just pure failure I suppose.

15 hours ago, BlackRogue1 said:

As a casual player who had no idea what he was getting into, I executed a "mercy" in the middle of a chaotic combat, only to discover I had locked myself into a game mechanic that will probably take me weeks to crawl out of.  Level 60-70 content is a struggle for my gear, but somehow, in a 32-36 level mission, I get locked into a mechanic that requires grinding 60-70 level content (occupied planets) to get relics, murmurs, and break open requiem relics.  I am not a 2 minute speed runner and 60-70 level content is literally at my current max capability (2 missions with thralls, died in 1 out of 2, for example) ... and now I have to grind the hell out of it, at a snails pace, and, all along the way, earning nothing to help me advance so that this very content is more accessible to me so these stressful missions at my mod and experience level get any easier.

In a game that is all about resources and more resources ... I now have a resource monkey on my back that I didn't know I was going to be married to ... because why would I even pay attention to Kuva Liches (as they are more high end content) or how they work or what I accidentally did to myself.  I don't have a powerful clan, the few people I play with are same or lower experience/gear level, and now I get to beg them to help run a grind with no worthwhile rewards for the hours and hours I will need from them to get this &*)(^)&*(!@# stupid mechanic off my damn back.  Why on earth would you expose people unlocking Sedna to a mechanic that might screw them until they can tackle 60-70 content grind, which is no small step and no small feat to get the required mods to survive, let alone thrive, at that level for casual players.  All I can hope is that this Lich doesn't spread beyond Mercury for a while, but how and when they spread is unclear to me.

Wow, DE.  Way to forget that not all your player base are hardcore min/max players.  You peeps worry so much about the hardcore players burning thru your content, you have now forsaken those of us who like to take our time, play less frequently, and exposed us to an in mission choice that cannot be undone and locks us into an insane grind well above our pay grade, all with ZERO in mission context, story build up, or general warning that your day is about to be ruined.  Some of us are horizontal players, who move up the power ladder slower, rather than cruising fast upwards and back filling content with more powerful gear.  Some of us don't play 40 hours a week every week.

Oh, and at the end of this, I get a great weapon (is it???) ... that I still can barely provide 4x forma for and few mods I don't even have yet!?!?!?  I think I have earned maybe 2000-2500 ducats in the entire time I have played and actually visited Baro like 5 times.  I still need probably 1/3 of the Lith relic contents ... why on earth would you link 60-70 level, locked in penalty content, to fairly low level content!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Suggestions:

1.> Add worthwhile drops to this grind for mid tier players working their way up, so that you at least improve in tandem with the super awful grind this appears to be.  My occupied planet is Mercury ... geee ... guess what, these missions are doing nothing to help me, even when playing at level 60-70 lich mode.  What a tedious, boring, awful experience this is already, and I have run 2 missions in the occupied territory ... 30-40 more to go of this old content and newbie reward set ...?!?!?!?  Maybe by then, I will have 1/3 of the requiem relics i need, but will then struggle to unlock, getting common after common after common.

2.> Don't make the commitment in the mission = instant triggering of the quest.  Change the dynamic to commitment to that Lich, but require it to be enabled in the quests system before the Lich is re-born and becomes a resource drain before you are ready to actually tackle it.

3.> Simply add a quest to just enable the stupid Kuva Larvae in the first place ... removing the accidental bad decision for those of us completely naive and unconcerned with knowing everything about the new, higher level content you are releasing that we can't play in yet.

Now that I know more about the Kuva Lich system, the whole thing seems to be poorly thought out. 

* "Quest" line lock in is start-able at level 30+ content (maybe lower?)

* Requiems relics available via Kuva siphon missions (levels 25-35) and flood (80-100) ...?!?!?!  Uh, OK.

* Thralls ... 60-70 level, provide Requiem relics.

* Opening Requiems relics is level 60-70 missions... ?

For end game content?  This is annoying to 30-50 level content players, as we can't efficiently grind the dozens of missions to get relics or open them.  This is also annoying for end game players, as this content is not challenging to them, so it is tedious for the opposite reason.  50 thralls kills per parazon mod identification on a planet that possibly has no drops or resources that a 30+ could really benefit from is certainly double worse for end game players, who really don't need more crap mods and ferrite.  Nobody wins the entire distance to the weapons.  I also don't hear anybody being super excited about these weapons from youtube etc, so a long, tedious grind for everyone, no matter what, and I am not even sure if I the end result will be worthwhile.

While I appreciate that Warframe continues to generate new content at a rapid pace, please keep in mind that some of us aren't going to see all of it for a while, so it would be great if you didn't trick us into decisions that not only force us into it, but lock us into it, for god knows how long.  Thanks.

Edit:  Oh, and now to discover I can only run one of each of the freaking occupied missions, so I can't even get this Kuva monkey off my damn back by running the 60-70 level missions that are more accessible to my gear and experience endlessly ... I am done with Kuva Lich.  If his influence spreads beyond Mercury, I guess the game just got needlessly harder for me until I can cruise thru 60-70 level content.  Awesome. 😞

Cant you send your lich away from the dojo? Or is that only for trading it to another player?

Please add the old ability stats that appears when a frame is at a curtain level that visually show what the stats are at the current level and configuration
What is the ETA on the global loot pickup system that was mentioned in a previous DEV Stream. It is frustrating to run everywhere 2 get loot because no one wants to be in one area for any given time, for this reason a lot of loot is lost to rest of the team. If I can a suggestion please Mack it a aura mod, if it is a normal mod it become a curtsy item which almost no one will use.  
Please remove credit cashes from level 30+ missions as a reward in AABC rotations please, or Please increase the credits obtain from the rewards and Make them rarer to be obtain per rotation.
Can we get a form of a queue function in the foundry, which lets us queue multiple items of the same type a time, it can have a resources multiplier for queueing them.
Can we get Salvage missions other than the infested mission also Please. 
Thank U for all the work U have put in to warframe, and thank U for all the quality of life updates so early in the year, I hope the game fares well for a long time to come, there are bugs here and there that will be fixed in time I hope.

On 2020-02-11 at 8:58 PM, Voltage said:

The core gameplay for Kuva Liches still doesn't feel right. 

Don't get me wrong, the changes to weapon visibility is nice, but a majority of the core gameplay is Murmur farming which is quite frustrating a majority of the time. Unless you guess the first 2 Requiems correctly before you started to unlock the third Murmur tier, your Kuva Lich takes much longer to vanquish/convert. The pacing of Liches seem to be all over the place because of Murmurs and the structure of Liches. Sometimes as a player you are asking yourself if these intended to take 2-3 hours sometimes or just 1 and a half. Despite all the awesome changes for visibility and opting in to a Lich, the core loop is still the same. You must farm Murmurs whether you want to brute force Parazon combinations or solve your Requiems. Murmur progression uncovering the same Requiem that you just solved on a Lich attempt is also highly disappointing and needs to be addressed as well.

Lich spawns themselves are pretty awful and inconsistent. The anger meter resetting each time until Rank 5 doesn't make sense. Liches sometimes spawning multiple missions in a row while also having some situations where an Enraged Lich won't spawn is annoying. The time in which a Lich does spawn should be reduced to the first 90 seconds of a mission. Doing an Exterminate/Capture/Sabotage/Rescue in under 2 minutes only to alt-tab for 2-3 more minutes to ensure you don't miss any Thralls or a Lich spawn is not great gameplay.

As always, thank you for the Oberon Prime and Nekros Prime Unvault.

I wish they made murmur farming more skill based, where if you were good enough you could speed it up significantly. Perfect opportunity to fix the thing to make it enjoyable AND add skill based content some people want so much.

On 2020-02-11 at 7:58 PM, [DE]Megan said:

The Railjack Payload screen will now show the total Ordnance Ammo you have in your account when you're in the Dry Dock, to make it clear that you aren't wasting anything if you craft more than your Railjack can carry.

it still would be better the payload would just be build automatically when entering the dry dock - even without the benefits of the intrinsics bonus (we sure have enough resources by now).

On 2020-02-11 at 7:58 PM, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed ability to spawn Crewships almost indefinitely, resulting in exploitive Intrinsic farming.

that was no exploit. if anything, it was due to the lack of foresight in development. and you didn't really get intrinsics faster this way either... still, it's ok that there won't spawn new CS's every time one removes the pilot of another - i can't count how often i left the seemingly last ship just to got insta-shot by a new arriving CS on the field (that was before the short invulnerability time though).

aside from that, it would still be nice if the remaining enemy ships on the map would not flee when the kill-count is reached - in normal extermination mission the grineer doesn't jump ship either, right? they not even really flee from us (at least not for long ^^)  it would also help with those embarrissing moments when you're on a CS and the damn thing warps out...

3 hours ago, fr4gb4ll said:

aside from that, it would still be nice if the remaining enemy ships on the map would not flee when the kill-count is reached - in normal extermination mission the grineer doesn't jump ship either, right? they not even really flee from us (at least not for long ^^)  it would also help with those embarrissing moments when you're on a CS and the damn thing warps out...

I'm pretty sure they do actually try and flee to some degree after you meet the threshold.

Also I personally prefer them bugging out. Hell I wish they'd do it faster.

31 minutes ago, DeltaPangaea said:

I'm pretty sure they do actually try and flee to some degree after you meet the threshold.

Also I personally prefer them bugging out. Hell I wish they'd do it faster.

like i said: "not for long"... though it could be interpreted as "since they die soon after" - which is also true ^^)

but yes, they start running away but usually (even when not shot at) stop doing this rather fast and return to attacking the player. guess they have bad memory - bad cloning procedures and such...

I'm gonna say this now, because this is the ONLY reason I will stop playing railjack all together. OTHER PEOPLE SHOULDN'T BE ALLOWED TO PILOT *YOUR* RAILJACK OR SELECT MISSIONS!!!

Too many times have people decided to not be useful, causing the pilot to get up and actually do the mission and the pilot -me- comes back to find someone piloting MY railjack instead of being a USEFUL crew member! KEYWORD!!! CREW!!! MEMBER!!!!!!!

Before I had made my railjack ridiculously tanky, too many people would not secure the ship -- causing me to get up and do so -- and then I would come back and the clem is driving the railjack from behind a good cover spot where we could recover.

Regardless of what gunnery level you have, you shouldn't be allowed to use other people's ordnance.

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY!! YOU SHOULDN'T BE ALLOWED TO ACCESS THE NAVIGATION TO SELECT MISSIONS!! YOU HAVE TO GO BACK TO DOJO TO MAKE MORE STUFF!! DOING THIS FORCES ALL MEMBERS INTO ANOTHER MISSION!!

I know this is meant for parties but there are just some things people SHOULDN'T BE ALLOWED to do PERIOD

So, I was going to try and respond to some of the angrier recent posts....and then I kept playing.  There's really no way to play this game and not see where the anger is coming from.

Can we please get some basic bug fixes and QoL improvements?

• The black sections on railjack side turrets still exists.
  • Now the Artillery position on the railjack can bug out, and create a plane subdividing it like when you man the equipment it spawns you partially in the wall.
  • Kuva Liches can decide to level up, despite killing them and waiting for their HP to return.  That's fantastic when a single planet doesn't mean a full ring of murmurs completed.
  • Titanium economy still blows.  15,000 units per weapon means you need a minimum of ((5*2)+3+3)*15,000 or 240,000 total titanium to get two of each weapon, one component, and each weapon requiring munitions.  At the rate of about 1000 per mission that's 240 runs.  The catch is most missions yield less than 1000, even adding in the occasional 750 quantity reward cache.  If you assume 5 avionics per run, that's 1200 avionics, or enough to have everything at level 8 and some change.  Who exactly mapped out the plan of progression here?
  • Tanky enemies make Railjack suck.  I've literally unloaded a full clip of Opticor Vandal shots into the face of an enemy, and they didn't die.  That isn't a boarding party which is a challenge, that's a situation where CC is necessary.  Yay, CC is actually viable again...until someone decides to start sticking nullifiers back in because "warframe powers are just too much."  Yeah, I hate that the Quellor and Pennant are a 5% drop from killing a commander.  The problem is the wall of stupidly high level enemies who after 4 corrosive projections still have enough HP to tank.  That's got to be stupidly difficult for players who need a coherent team strategy to survive.
  • Consistency.  Murmur grind is hidden behind a wheel so it's harder to see numbers.  Yes, we know that's the point.  Can you just give us a counter or would that be communicating too much, because there are silent systems meant to meter progression?

I guess this is the most depressing quarter in Warframe for the last two years, and potentially ever.  The content is less than half baked, buggier than Fallout 76, and the promise for the future is that eventually there will be enough content to make this make sense.  I just can't imagine being almost 2 months into 2020 and still having no end date for when the 2019 promised content will be here.

Good idea on not having a board.  It makes no delivering less obvious.  Sigh.

5 hours ago, master_of_destiny said:

So, I was going to try and respond to some of the angrier recent posts....and then I kept playing.  There's really no way to play this game and not see where the anger is coming from.

Can we please get some basic bug fixes and QoL improvements?

• The black sections on railjack side turrets still exists.
  • Now the Artillery position on the railjack can bug out, and create a plane subdividing it like when you man the equipment it spawns you partially in the wall.
  • Kuva Liches can decide to level up, despite killing them and waiting for their HP to return.  That's fantastic when a single planet doesn't mean a full ring of murmurs completed.
  • Titanium economy still blows.  15,000 units per weapon means you need a minimum of ((5*2)+3+3)*15,000 or 240,000 total titanium to get two of each weapon, one component, and each weapon requiring munitions.  At the rate of about 1000 per mission that's 240 runs.  The catch is most missions yield less than 1000, even adding in the occasional 750 quantity reward cache.  If you assume 5 avionics per run, that's 1200 avionics, or enough to have everything at level 8 and some change.  Who exactly mapped out the plan of progression here?
  • Tanky enemies make Railjack suck.  I've literally unloaded a full clip of Opticor Vandal shots into the face of an enemy, and they didn't die.  That isn't a boarding party which is a challenge, that's a situation where CC is necessary.  Yay, CC is actually viable again...until someone decides to start sticking nullifiers back in because "warframe powers are just too much."  Yeah, I hate that the Quellor and Pennant are a 5% drop from killing a commander.  The problem is the wall of stupidly high level enemies who after 4 corrosive projections still have enough HP to tank.  That's got to be stupidly difficult for players who need a coherent team strategy to survive.
  • Consistency.  Murmur grind is hidden behind a wheel so it's harder to see numbers.  Yes, we know that's the point.  Can you just give us a counter or would that be communicating too much, because there are silent systems meant to meter progression?

I guess this is the most depressing quarter in Warframe for the last two years, and potentially ever.  The content is less than half baked, buggier than Fallout 76, and the promise for the future is that eventually there will be enough content to make this make sense.  I just can't imagine being almost 2 months into 2020 and still having no end date for when the 2019 promised content will be here.

Good idea on not having a board.  It makes no delivering less obvious.  Sigh.

God damn, savage bro.

Unfortunately though, you're not lying in the slightest. This is sad times for Warframe.

On 2020-02-12 at 12:54 PM, Fleuria said:

(But, if you are converting a lich, do you need to get it to rank 5? Or does that not make a difference in how it plays, later?)

A lich doesnt need to be max rank to convert or vanquish. If you are lucky enough to guess the right requiem mods in the correct order when its rank1, can convert lich once you kill it.

I want to make my previous post clear, as people seem to often want to assign toxicity to everyone not entirely on-board with decisions other people make.  I find this disappointing because we got new stuff, that was fundamentally not ready to ship after years of build-up and promises they sold us on years ago.

No, the lulls before Fortuna and PoE were not worse.  The very limited content released was OK, and they had some good changes. 

Yes, both of the open worlds released too buggy.

No, not buggier than Railjack.  No, Liches are not excusable as "high level" content when the primary "difficulty" is using extra resistances and the broken level scaling.

No, I don't have faith in the rework to armor and shields.  I proposed an S-curve years ago, because it's a no-duh solution.  To anyone who has retention of math beyond FST (functions, statistics, and trigonometry) an S-curve is the simplest way to have low response, heightened response, and low response; the basics of a video game where you are acclimated, the thing gets difficult, but tapers off before becoming impossible.  The problem at the core of this is that it took years for dropping out of invisibility to not be instant death (see the recent changes), it took years before a single frame got shield gating (Hildryn), and they're talking about an enemy damage boost now to compensate for "the difficulty" of not having enemy scaling as a power function. 

Let's be real here, the enemy AI is stone stupid.  Despite the interviews previously indicating "enemy AI actually misses the first shot so players can react" anyone who has played Loki or Ivara knows that dropping invisibility is a death sentence.  Zephyr players know that if you have shields and health but no armor the ability for turbulence to mitigate damage is worthless due to the idiotic casting animation and inability to address melee. Everyone playing railjack knows that 3 seconds of invincibility doesn't even cover the animation time to disembark from the railjack, and you can be killed before getting control despite the "change" to fix that.

My point here is that DE loves animations, doesn't do well to fit any elements of their game into context, and often promises fixes that are so long term that by the time they come out they cannot fix what they were promised to address. 

Let's offer examples.  It's going to be my favorites, though I am sure there are better out there.

1. Casting animations suck.  If DE wants to nerf something they add an animation.  People complained.  What we received was a mod to decrease casting animations.  Create a problem, then create the "fix" that you have to build around.  Yeah, no.
  2. Zephyr.  I may be one of the few Zepyhr mains out there, and for good reason.  I remember hitting turbulence and an arm wave later I had a shield.  I even remember default Zephyr having as much armor as prime.  In the lead-up to Prime they nerfed armor, finally made tornado useful, added a long animation to turbulence, combined the 1 and 2 powers, and added a new 2 which primarily functions only to buff tornado.  This is why I think people hate Zephyr, and she needs a rework.  All of these fixes happened years after introduction, and instead of one at a time were in one shot.  The cast animation made turbulence an issue when there was no armor, the rebuild of her 1 and 2 left a functional mobility power and something that you had to use on her tornado to make it take more energy and be less inherently useful.  This didn't stem from a high power frame being nerfed, it was a crap tier frame being "fixed" without the care to understand what each fix does to the kit.  I say this with her as my main, so I see why others often show her no love.
  3. Pets.  First they died due to purity issues.  Then they were automatically put into stasis.  Then they could be removed from stasis without waiting 24 hours.  Then they could be rushed out of stasis with credits.  Then they could simply be toggled by putting them into stasis, pulling another, and they were good.  During all of this they had an affinity rank towards you, which influenced their damage such that if they died on a mission they became less effective, and there was a daily limit to how much they could be fixed.  Coincidentally (read: by design) the increase in affinity did not match the death price, so you had to manage them and they were just a mess of micro-management.  All the while there was no fetch mod, so organic pets sucked hard.  5 years later and they're getting around to making organic pets as useful as sentinels.  Fetch, not having stasis, and the buffing of Kavats are what drove all of this, and they're promising the parity talked about before my hiatus.  Color me skeptical given all that I've seen and how long it's taken to get them to not be garbage.  
  4. Archwing.  A lot to bite off here, but it released buggy (I spawned running in space, and had to wait some days before the fixes).  The things were in their own game mode for years before PoE, and to use them there you had to craft a consumable which the Grineer could force you out of with an instant, infinitely seeking projectile which had no visual cues.  Then K-drives came along, and forced the discussion about blink because mobility in a landscape devoid of content is better than shielding or attacks.  Then we get railjack, and manning an archwing is instant death unless you have invincibility.  What exactly would it have taken, amidst all of the new damage scheme calculations, to buff archwings such that the "new" damage types were resisted?  Yes, this would mean that the enemies would still pulverize you when in a warframe (no resistances), but archwings would feel less like a kick-me sign.  What do I know though, it's not like basic math pointed out all of this years ago (hint, sarcastic tone if that wasn't clear).

I'm stopping at 4 because I think DE really needs to listen.  We aren't the whiny fan-boys who are toxic haters of everything.  What we are is the dedicated player base making it so you can keep this game alive despite all of the bad decisions.  If you feel that's an unreasonable statement, I implore you to explain the decline in the player base.  How have we seen a decline in players over 4 of the last 6 months, with the net loss of about 19,000 people to average player counts (+13k, -32k)?  Why is this acceptable after the launch of the first large chunk of new content since Fortuna, almost a year ago?

I'll conjecture that the recent turn of events is exactly because somebody there crunched the basic numbers.  You'll excuse me, but that's a pretty depressing reason to listen to your customers, and it's no excuse as to why DE thinks they earned our money after releasing a Lich system months later that has basic features finally integrated (read: feedback on what your 4-8 hour grind will reward you with rather than a complete triple layer RNG mess).  

In short, this isn't a "DE can do better" message.  This is an "EA managed better DE, what the heck?"  Heck, this might even be "Fallout 76 is a raging dumpster fire that still makes the last quarter of Warframe seem even worse by comparison."  It's really time to listen to some of the feedback in more than a token "we'll rebuild a frame" kind of way. 

Might I suggest that item 1 should be to fix the RNG on Railjack so that wreckage can be combined to form better stuff at a lower cost?  Yes, that would mean the 200+ scrapped weapons could boost two to maximum level, rather than where we currently sit that anything short of 95% of the maximum value isn't worth the resource investment and will contribute to having a uselessly huge dirac pool and break-up missions because you have to go back to dry dock to scrap things.  Item 2 could be trading wreckage.  Right now that's the biggest pain in the backside, given each player still gets a random roll once it drops.  I am happy I got a 100-90 reactor, but sitting on a 97-20 feels bad when others can't even get a reactor beyond Zetki to drop.  

I suggest the above because farming titanium sucks.  I have 8-7-8-8 avionics, and only 3 built weapons because only one has hit the 60% firing rate with 2 other "high" level items build to round out the capacity.  Despite the above, I have less than 60k titanium.  Yay, 4 weapons.  How is that fun again?  The best farm for titanium is particle ram on earth....and that's boring.  I guess boring and poorly paced is railjack described quickly.  Trading with other people would make some of that farming better, because we would know what we are farming towards won't be negated by the next RNG drop.

On 2020-02-17 at 8:27 PM, Twisted_Wisdom said:

A lich doesnt need to be max rank to convert or vanquish. If you are lucky enough to guess the right requiem mods in the correct order when its rank1, can convert lich once you kill it.

I do understand that.

But do you know whether a converted unranked lich has equal strength to a converted max rank lich? (In other contexts, max rank is stronger -- if that's not the case here, this would be good to know.)

Archived