Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

An Open Letter To De_Steve

r0ckwolf

Hi Steve,

the first thing that you might ask is, why am i writing this? The answer is simple, because i love Warframe. 

I started playing it a week after it hit open beta and played ~300 hours since. I joined a very active Clan (sGs) 

and discussed the game with my clan mates and in the forums at length. We, your community, made suggestions, wishes and

did a lot to contribute to the game. I mayself even bought the GM FOunder package only to support Warframe and it´s ongoing development.

But now i´m burned out! Not because i have played to much, because i don´t see Warframe heading in the right direction anymore and the months of posting in

the forums didn´t seem to have reached you guys at DE. Ofcourse what i see in Warframe is not neccessarily the same that you see in Warframe, but

the problem is not about a change in the artistic vision that i don´t agree with, it´s about you not doing anything with that artistic vision.

When i started playing Warframe, and i think i can speak for the majority of the community here, it was simply amazing. Simply the idea of having 

an F2P Space-Ninja Co-Op Shooter game kept me interested for the first 50 hours or so. The artwork, the fastplaced gameplay, the cool looking charackters, all overshadowed

the flaws of the game in the beginning. And when the intial excitment was slowly fading, you guys at DE kept us interested, with your plans and Updates and the way you communicated with your community.

But you didn´t deliver! It really makes me sad to say that, but it is the truth. The problem that you at DE refuse to see is that Warframe got carried all this way because of it´s outstanding artstyle,

the gameplay so far is extremly repetitive and it is so from day 1, it doesn´t start to be after 300 hours. There are a handfull of levelsets in which you get dropped to the same thing everytime: 

go to A and kill B, or go to A and then go back to B.

And then there is the endless grind, you always have to farm, hours over hours, only to discover that the weapon you have farmed for is one of the many not viable ones, so you go back to farming to repeat the process. 

The community has made a lot of suggestions and requests about how to improve the game over the last year and lately the voices to improve the core gameplay and to stop showering us with content and instead fixing whats there

have become very loud. And you responded to this, which ofcourse it´s aprecciated, but you completely missed the point.

"....I understand the position we should stop adding stuff and just crush bugs for a few months but it is a balancing act. 

When we spoke to industry people about F2P games that lived and died they made it very clear to us that Updates meant life 

and lack of updates was the number 1 killer. 

We are working to fix the problems and hope we can win you back despite our missteps."

"Future Updates

Taking a step back and fixing what’s broken before we throw new content is a constant balance. Content does keep many players interested, 

but bug fixing keeps them happy. We DO recognize the need to bang out our lengthy list of bugs. Items like Mastery Rank Tests 

and Derelict Extermination bugs have become a common report and will not be put on the back burner. 

There’s a difference between hunting down or finding obscure bugs; it’s the plethora of really obviously bugs that are maddening."

First of all, your community didn´t requested for you to fix bugs. That´s a given. We take that for granted, that you always try to fix bugs! 

What we wanted was, for you improve on whats there. That´s a huge difference. Improve the core gameplay mechanics to make them more fun. 

It´s not about releasing content, it´s about releasing stuff that makes the game better!!! 

These are some of the things i am talikng about:

-For a game that´s based on fast paced movement jumping and wallrunning feels very unresponsive and imprecise.

-The AI does not a good job in engaging you or teaming up against you.

-The AI always hits you, fast movement or dodging does not throw of their aim.

-After 1 year of hoping and waiting, we still have NO lore in the game. A small textmessage or a new boss, does not equal adding lore to the game. Why do the planets don´t have a story that connect the Nodes, mabye with Starwars like text scrolls to explain the background and short cinematics to introduce us to the levels and charackters. 

Mission objectives should also connect to a story, otherwise they will always be repetitive!

-The RNG has been the cause for trouble since day 1, why do you refuse to remove it, in favour of, forexample, fixed mission rewards. 

-Your core player base is waiting for Endgame content still, that doesn´t mean a mode in which you do the same thing again under ,not so much, more difficult circumstances, it means building a metagame, with an massively increased difficulty and very desireable rewards.

-Ninjas are stealthy assassins, why is the game STILL actively punishing you for being stealthy and why don´t you see the need to make this better right now?!

I could keep writing the list forever, but i hope i made my point. In the last 6 weeks i have seen pretty much 100 people in my clan completely losing interest in the game because of the reasons stated above, i can only assume from the Threads i have read recently that many, many

others feel the same way. Grinding is not fun! Getting new Weapons might be, but not if we still have 30 others to farm for that we don´t have yet. RNG is a pain in the &#!, but you insist on keeping it

and yes your levels look nice, but we end up doing the same things in them anyway.

At the moment it feels like Warframe is growing in size but it´s not evolving anymore. You need to improve the core game elements, to make the game more fun and addictive again. 

You created a fantastic Universe and we all already can see great storys taking place in it, so please write them already.

As i said in the beginning i love Warframe and i want to see it succeed in every possible way. 

But right now it looks like you are loosing your core player base, which i can´t imagine is something that you want to let happen. 

The Warframe concept is a goldmine it is something that lets jaws drop, it is simply awesome, but you seem to have stopped developing. 

I know that you are working hard and i may sound unfair here, but i can´t say it enough: Your development ressources should not be focused on releasing new weapons.

I hope this reaches you Steve and i hope that you read this as it was meant to be, a concerned message about the future of the game from one of your founders.

Thanks,

r0ckwolf

Edited by r0ckwolf

1. Open Beta

2. They have multiple teams... They can't have all teams focusing on bugs because not all of them know what to do with bugs... I doubt Mynki even knows how to crunch bugs...

1. yes, so this is the time to focus on the important development part like developing a story. adding weapons can come later.

2. if you had read the post, you would have read that it´s not about bugs, but making the game better by improving whats there! Apples and oranges man.....

1. yes, so this is the time to focus on the important development part like developing a story. adding weapons can come later.

2. if you had read the post, you would have read that it´s not about bugs, but making the game better by improving whats there! Apples and oranges man.....

1.) Writers don't work on weapons

2.) Go look at videos of gameplay from early beta and try to tell me they haven't made any progress on that front without lying through your teeth.

Edited by Aggh

Entirely agree on the lore subject.

Screw all the new weapons, frames, bosses, kit-kat bars... I want lore. I want something that ties this game together. Something that makes me feel that there is a specific reason and goal to my endless blood baths, and not just the possibility of a Trinity Systems Blueprint.

release is pretty soon.... and you didn´t read the post very well if that´s what you get out of it!

PS4 is going to release soon, and Warframe will be on it. No mention about Warframe entering version 1.0 Release, just that it'll be available to play on PS4 on the console's release date. All we know is it's just extending the beta to another platform.

Honestly, I skimmed through it. I can't even tell which one was your main point, since it was all over the place. If you could just list down the things that needs improvement, it'll be a much easier read. All I got out of it was "This game has a neat artstyle, but I got bored of gameplay so please do something".

To me, Warframe has a solid core gameplay. It's a co-op shooter where we go into missions and kill things together. Can it be improved? Sure. Does it mean that what we have now is bad? Nope.

On the contrary, I think that story should come later. We're testing out how the system acts, how weapons perform, what's good and what's OP/broken/UP. Story is the main content. Can't start a theater without first making the props, the backdrops. That can come later when the system is robust, when they don't need to worry about weapons and game mechanics breaking every so often.

Thanks for writing this! I absolutely agree on all parts but I was kinda burned out to bother writing something similar myself. Again, thanks a lot for starting this important discussion.

I would like to focus on one specific part which I think is the core gameplay of Warframe and needs to get improved (thinking about a rework would be a good idea as well). That specific part is, as you might have guessed: Grinding.

Now many people are already biased on that topic. Almost the whole community agrees that there is too much grinding in this game and that the focus should be somewhere else.
But recently I started thinking: what if grinding as a core gameplay element is a good thing but Warframe just does a bad job offering grinding opportunities?

Maybe you wonder what that means so lets analyse grinding in warframe a little:

Everything in warframe is craftable. We wander around in tiles. We find crates and kill enemies and we gain experience and loot while we do so.
Warframe players wanna progress. No one wants to keep playing as a unranked Excalibur with a Skana, Lato and MK-1 Braton.
For that we need loot. So we play. We grind.

What do we grind?
- Experience
- Ressources
- Mods
- Blueprints
- Parts

Where do we grind it?
- Killing enemies / Bosses
- Looting containers or crates
- Completing missions

I make this simple and say Blueprints and parts are one time acquisitions. Experience, mods and ressources are not. We have plenty of stuff to craft so we never run out of the need to farm those 3 things.

So as soon Warframe players got to know the game they try to figure out the most effective way to grind.

So how do we do it? Killing enemies of cause! Where do we do that? In defense, mobile defense and survival missions!
And what do we do there? Kill enemies. Thats it. And this is the exhausing part.

The AI is simple and they just charge players in an endless stream in form of bullet sponges. (Yes, I am asking you to improve it :D)
We do 5-25 waves of defense, survive for 5-25minutes or hack 1-3 terminals. And all while doing the repetetive work of killing the endless stream of bullet sponges.
The game almost never offers other opportunities to grind. And this is a huge problem and should get addressed!

"But wait" you might say. "We can grind looting crates and containers!".
Then I say "No". Because its extremely inefficient. And in fact efficiency is extreamly important when you hit the 100h mark. I think we can all agree on that.

Why is it inefficient? Because in most cases we have to leave the objective's path to explore the map in order to maybe find loot-rooms that may have unlocked containers and crates that may have loot and only 100xp for your warframe (maybe). You see where I am going. Grinding apart form killing enemies is an inefficient, unsecure way. This is bad game design in my opinion. Killing enemies all the time is boring and exhausting. We need diversity!

There are many ways to create grinding opportunities and its up to DE(Scott) to create those!
I have a few suggestions. Maybe DE likes them.

1. Create reliable and lots of loot rooms in maps.
Encourage players to explore the tiles and reward them for doing so. Not only should those loot rooms have a minimum amount of unlocked containers and crates (How about 5-20 of those?). But those crates and containers should also give you a reliable source for ressources and EXPERIENCE! 100xp or your Warframe is a joke! Give us 1000+ that splits up for every gear. So 250xp for your Warframe, Primary, Secondary and Melee weapon.
Experiement with new kinds of crates that give the playe mods! Reuse the retired Raid Orokin Artifact container and place 1-3 of them in each map so players have a motivation to explore and do something else apart from killing bullet sponges. 250px-Raid_Objective.png

2. Lore data logs to collect.
Why stop encouraging playes to explore maps with ressoruce, mods and experience rewards? You have a vast universe to create lore around it. Hire a story writer and deliver that story with datapads (text-based like science articles and newspapers but also voice recordings).
The heck. Make data logs unique! Use the players information (clan, weapons, warframe colors and recent games) to write reports of scared Corpus Crewmen describing ghost stories about Tennos looting their ships and killing their friends! Make us players a part of this lore and the vast universe like you do it with Boss taunts.
EDIT: Of cause we need a codex or something in the player profile that you can always go to. We still have the "lore" section that hasn't been touched yet!

3. Side quests / alternative quests.
I am not talking about "kill 30 enemies blah, blah here you get 500 warframe xp". I am talking about secondary missions that do not appear after you completed your main missions. Give your player two objectives at the same time (blue and orange?) and let them evaluate the situation. Give them a decision to make with different rewards. You guys have to get a little creative here but I know you can do this :)

4. Stealth!
Stealth is not only incomplete but its actually counterproductive when the player wants to gain experience and loot. Increase experience gained from stealth kills (10 times?) and make them drop ressources and/or mods every time! And don't make it so that as soon you get caught every enemy on that map spawn in masses and start charging you. Create rooms where the enemy is still unaware even though you got caught before (maybe make those room's security system broken and a few enemies attempt to repair it. Infested don't have a security system so thats a lot easier to execute).
Stealth was a great idea! You create diversity and players feel like a true ninja. Don't waste that potential DE :(

Maybe I will think about more opportunities later.
It is just important that these opportunities you offer your players are more rewarding than killing the endless sponge streams of boringness. Make your players say "Yay! A seconary missions with a rare / generous reward!" or "Lets go go explore this map and find every secret it has. I don't want to miss a thing." or "Damn you Yuikami / Darkscars / Armor / Erebus / Shakara / Retty / Fishy! You alerted the enemies with your clumsiness!!!".

Thats all, maybe I start my own thread with this wall of text :P

Edited by Gekker

I'm tired of new weapons. I want content with replay value. I'm also tired of the grind in a grind theme that has been going on. Maybe when Warframe is released on the PS4 and those people rail DE for an incomplete game, they may do something then. 

the gameplay so far is extremly repetitive and it is so from day 1, it doesn´t start to be after 300 hours. There are a handfull of levelsets in which you get dropped to the same thing everytime: 
go to A and kill B, or go to A and then go back to B.
And then there is the endless grind, you always have to farm, hours over hours, only to discover that the weapon you have farmed for is one of the many not viable ones, so you go back to farming to repeat the process.

Tell me the endless lists of games that dont fall into this.

-For a game that´s based on fast paced movement jumping and wallrunning feels very unresponsive and imprecise.
-The AI does not a good job in engaging you or teaming up against you.
-The AI always hits you, fast movement or dodging does not throw of their aim.
-After 1 year of hoping and waiting, we still have NO lore in the game. A small textmessage or a new boss, does not equal adding lore to the game. 
Why do the planets don´t have a story that connect the Nodes, with Starwars like text scrolls to explain the background and short cinematics to introduce us to the levels and charackters. 
Mission objectives should also connect to a story, otherwise they will always be repetitive!
-The RNG has been the cause for trouble since day 1, why do you refuse to remove it, in favour of, forexample, fixed mission rewards. 
-Your core player base is waiting for Endgame content still, that doesn´t mean a mode in which you do the same thing again under ,not so much, more difficult circumstances, it means building a metagame, with an massively increased difficulty and very desireable rewards.
-Ninjas are stealthy assassins, why is the game STILL actively punishing you for being stealthy and why don´t you see the need to make this better right now?!

1. This might be cause of lag. I've have use the environment successfully and still do. I think that people just dont even try.

2. As it was stated before, it's a bit more challenging to set up AI for random maps because all of the possibilities. You cant stage reactions. 

3. The AI does on always hit you. I rarely equip Redirection and i rarely die, hek, i dont have redirection on Ember. I have been saying this for a while, this is a run-n-gun so do that and you will stay alive, the enemies STILL need to target you to hit you and if you are moving this is less likely to happen.

4. The game has only been active for a year an a half..... how much are you looking for? They have added a good amount and some good info. When people speak of lore im thinking more that they want a cut scene where they have the info thrown at their faces rather than you having to read it.

5. Go play any loot PvE game then come back. I assure you this is no problem here. You folks need to understand that this game has an RPG element. Seriously.... go out there then come back.

6. I dont know how people say they want an Endgame and not just some section where they have to grind for loot.... THAT'S THE DEFINITION OF ENDGAME. Seriously, what are these mystical game you folks played where nothing repeats, the loot doesnt have RNG, and the Endgame content is one area that you have to repeat endlessly until you get the drop you wanted? I really want to see what these games are because i somehow missed all that crap and landed on a bunch of game that have similar elements to Warframe.

7. The argument here is that you dont get as much loot. Sure, but you can complete a mission that would be likely impossible if you are going alone. The game here is more run-n-gun than anything else......stealth is a side thing. I dont think it will reach a point where it's on the same level as run-n-gun. But, you know..... wait for it. This game has been active for a year an a half, right? Do you people dont understand this? This is why it's beta. This is not a full release game that has 5 years of development. When i first started playing this game in January there was only one stage. Do you folks NOT really understand how early a stage this game is? Stop treating this game like it's a full release game.
Edited by Mak_Gohae

thank you all for contributing in this diskussion, even if you don´t agree with me. i realize that my intital post may need some clearance, that´s because i had so much i wanted to say about warframe on my mind when writing it, i certainly tried my best to get it all out in a way that it is clear to everyone, but if something is unclear feel free to ask me.

i saw some posts replies about warframe not being in development for that long, so it´s normal that it´s an complete product yet. I agree with that, but don´t you think that improving the core game aspects and desginig things with more replay value is more important then adding constantly new stuff that often enough creates new issues?! 

And as i said in the post: "First of all, your community didn´t requested for you to fix bugs. That´s a given. We take that for granted, that you always try to fix bugs! What we wanted was, for you improve on whats there. That´s a huge difference. Improve the core gameplay mechanics to make them more fun. " (shameless selfquote^^)

So it´s really not about fixing bugs, it´s about stuff to the game that actually improves it, a weapon, warframe or level does not do that! But a story for one of the planets, new movements or a new stealth system would!!!

Thanks for writing this! I absolutely agree on all parts but I was kinda burned out to bother writing something similar myself. Again, thanks a lot for starting this important discussion.

I would like to focus on one specific part which I think is the core gameplay of Warframe and needs to get improved (thinking about a rework would be a good idea as well). That specific part is, as you might have guessed: Grinding.

Now many people are already biased on that topic. Almost the whole community agrees that there is too much grinding in this game and that the focus should be somewhere else.

But recently I started thinking: what if grinding as a core gameplay element is a good thing but Warframe just does a bad job offering grinding opportunities?

Maybe you wonder what that means so lets analyse grinding in warframe a little:

Everything in warframe is craftable. We wander around in tiles. We find crates and kill enemies and we gain experience and loot while we do so.

Warframe players wanna progress. No one wants to keep playing as a unranked Excalibur with a Skana, Lato and MK-1 Braton.

For that we need loot. So we play. We grind.

What do we grind?

- Experience

- Ressources

- Mods

- Blueprints

- Parts

Where do we grind it?

- Killing enemies / Bosses

- Looting containers or crates

- Completing missions

I make this simple and say Blueprints and parts are one time acquisitions. Experience, mods and ressources are not. We have plenty of stuff to craft so we never run out of the need to farm those 3 things.

So as soon Warframe players got to know the game they try to figure out the most effective way to grind.

So how do we do it? Killing enemies of cause! Where do we do that? In defense, mobile defense and survival missions!

And what do we do there? Kill enemies. Thats it. And this is the exhausing part.

The AI is simple and they just charge players in an endless stream in form of bullet sponges. (Yes, I am asking you to improve it :D)

We do 5-25 waves of defense, survive for 5-25minutes or hack 1-3 terminals. And all while doing the repetetive work of killing the endless stream of bullet sponges.

The game almost never offers other opportunities to grind. And this is a huge problem and should get addressed!

"But wait" you might say. "We can grind looting crates and containers!".

Then I say "No". Because its extremely inefficient. And in fact efficiency is extreamly important when you hit the 100h mark. I think we can all agree on that.

Why is it inefficient? Because in most cases we have to leave the objective's path to explore the map in order to maybe find loot-rooms that may have unlocked containers and crates that may have loot and only 100xp for your warframe (maybe). You see where I am going. Grinding apart form killing enemies is an inefficient, unsecure way. This is bad game design in my opinion. Killing enemies all the time is boring and exhausting. We need diversity!

There are many ways to create grinding opportunities and its up to DE(Scott) to create those!

I have a few suggestions. Maybe DE likes them.

1. Create reliable and lots of loot rooms in maps.

Encourage players to explore the tiles and reward them for doing so. Not only should those loot rooms have a minimum amount of unlocked containers and crates (How about 5-20 of those?). But those crates and containers should also give you a reliable source for ressources and EXPERIENCE! 100xp or your Warframe is a joke! Give us 1000+ that splits up for every gear. So 250xp for your Warframe, Primary, Secondary and Melee weapon.

Experiement with new kinds of crates that give the playe mods! Reuse the retired Raid Orokin Artifact container and place 1-3 of them in each map so players have a motivation to explore and do something else apart from killing bullet sponges. 250px-Raid_Objective.png

2. Lore data logs to collect.

Why stop encouraging playes to explore maps with ressoruce, mods and experience rewards? You have a vast universe to create lore around it. Hire a story writer and deliver that story with datapads (text-based like science articles and newspapers but also voice recordings).

The heck. Make data logs unique! Use the players information (clan, weapons, warframe colors and recent games) to write reports of scared Corpus Crewmen describing ghost stories about Tennos looting their ships and killing their friends! Make us players a part of this lore and the vast universe like you do it with Boss taunts.

EDIT: Of cause we need a codex or something in the player profile that you can always go to. We still have the "lore" section that hasn't been touched yet!

3. Side quests / alternative quests.

I am not talking about "kill 30 enemies blah, blah here you get 500 warframe xp". I am talking about secondary missions that do not appear after you completed your main missions. Give your player two objectives at the same time (blue and orange?) and let them evaluate the situation. Give them a decision to make with different rewards. You guys have to get a little creative here but I know you can do this :)

4. Stealth!

Stealth is not only incomplete but its actually counterproductive when the player wants to gain experience and loot. Increase experience gained from stealth kills (10 times?) and make them drop ressources and/or mods every time! And don't make it so that as soon you get caught every enemy on that map spawn in masses and start charging you. Create rooms where the enemy is still unaware even though you got caught before (maybe make those room's security system broken and a few enemies attempt to repair it. Infested don't have a security system so thats a lot easier to execute).

Stealth was a great idea! You create diversity and players feel like a true ninja. Don't waste that potential DE :(

Maybe I will think about more opportunities later.

It is just important that these opportunities you offer your players are more rewarding than killing the endless sponge streams of boringness. Make your players say "Yay! A seconary missions with a rare / generous reward!" or "Lets go go explore this map and find every secret it has. I don't want to miss a thing." or "Damn you Yuikami / Darkscars / Armor / Erebus / Shakara / Retty / Fishy! You alerted the enemies with your clumsiness!!!".

Thats all, maybe I start my own thread with this wall of text :P

These are great ideas dude, especially the ones about secondary missions!^^ Thank you for contributing on this topic and clearing some stuff up that i had not covered.

Make a new kind of missions called infiltration with small patrols of 4-5 mobs, make the stealth kill more efficient and put a lot of obstacles, cameras and lasers on those missions.

Adding lore will keep us for a moment as we are all craving for it. We all want to know more about who we are playing. Once you got used to the universe of Warframe, the good graphics etc., there's a lack of real immersion. This is not a RPG, I am aware of that. But you brought us a fantastic universe that needs to be developped. And it will give us a reason to start things over if you make a linear story that gets complete once the Solar system completed.

Make a 50% Rng 50% fixed reward for boss missions. Frame parts on RNG, substantial fixed rewards.

Add more lots with mods in standard missions, in secret places so we will explore the maps. Mini-bosses could help improve the map exploration thing. Bosses like real heavy units for Grineer, special ancients for infested, Hyena kind of mini boss for Corpus or tech.

Launch special events that make us "decision-makers". For example, a war starts on a small area (satellite, small "planet" in the Kuiper zone) between 2 factions (Corpus tries to take it back from Grineer, the technocyte is invading a faction's settlement), with Lotus giving us her decision about this war. Make it hard so we could fail sometimes. So we don't take everything for granted.

Edited by matto

Make a new kind of missions called infiltration with small patrols of 4-5 mobs, make the stealth kill more efficient and put a lot of obstacles, cameras and lasers on those missions.

Adding lore will keep us for a moment as we are all craving for it. We all want to know more about who we are playing. Once you got used to the universe of Warframe, the good graphics etc., there's a lack of real immersion. This is not a RPG, I am aware of that. But you brought us a fantastic universe that needs to be developped. And it will give us a reason to start things over if you make a linear story that gets complete once the Solar system completed.

Make a 50% Rng 50% fixed reward for boss missions. Frame parts on RNG, substantial fixed rewards.

Add more lots with mods in standard missions, in secret places so we will explore the maps. Mini-bosses could help improve the map exploration thing. Bosses like real heavy units for Grineer, special ancients for infested, Hyena kind of mini boss for Corpus or tech.

Launch special events that make us "decision-makers". For example, a war starts on a small area (satellite, small "planet" in the Kuiper zone) between 2 factions (Corpus tries to take it back from Grineer, the technocyte is invading a faction's settlement), with Lotus giving us her decision about this war. Make it hard so we could fail sometimes. So we don't take everything for granted.

this!^^

I feel bad for Steve.  He was the face of this game for months.  He was out in public selling Warframe and it drew me in.  Then the game goes in a different direction and he's asked to answer for someone else's decisions.  No wonder he's hasn't been seen as often lately.

But, about the game and it's direction.  It would help if nightmare mode challenges and level 125+ content was made more accessible.  Right now, you can't see which challenge you are going to play in a nightmare mode location before you get into the mission lobby.  It would be good if there were nightmare mode challenges in the alert system where you can see exactly which challenge you would be playing before you choose to accept the mission.  One every 15 minutes would be good.

It would be good to be able to get 125+ level enemies without having to go through a ton of low level waves in defense.  I think there should be mission on the alert system that start at 125+, 150+, 175+, 200+ level.  One every 15 minutes.

This would help solve the problem of people finding the game too easy and lacking variety in missions.  It would buy DE time to rework the solar system to include this stuff.

Stamina Nerf would have been no problem if it had been a new nightmare mode.  So I propse that in the future, nerfs become nightmare modes where peole can choose to play them if tey like instead of having the game radicalized for them.

Also, I suggest the converse(Compliment?  Opposite?) to Nightmare Mode, where buffs would reside..  Call it whatever you want.  Dream Mode?  I never really liked the Stamina system.  If I owned DE, I would have gotten rid of it.   But, not every player would like that.  So, I propose a mode where conditions that help the player, such as zero stamina drain, can go, just like we have a mode where conditions work against the player.

This should help keep the extremes in their place and accomodate a variety of opinions and prevent the player base from being Molecular Primed by The Dev's trials and errors.

Edited by ThePresident777

5. Go play any loot PvE game then come back. I assure you this is no problem here. You folks need to understand that this game has an RPG element. Seriously.... go out there then come back.

I will agree that Warframe is lucky in that each item of note has set statistics rather than random upon random, but the RNG is a tad to much. Running 10 of the same void mission and ALWAYS getting the same reward from it is not productive grinding, let alone fun grinding. The game needs to explore other options to make the RNG bearable. Another game having worse RNG than here is completely irrelevant. We're playing and discussing Warframe, not those other games.

Why do you put the letter on Steves head when Scott is the one who calls what get's put into the game, not Steve. That being said I am now eagerly waiting what will they do now and when do the first patch of fixes get released. I think that bug fixes such as Orokin Derelict Extermination missions (which fail 50% times due to broken spawns) need immediate hotfix. When some core issues have been fixed they should start fixing and improving gameplay mechanics. That being said, new weapons are still a welcome thing, especially when they are created by a separate team, or so they claim. So the only issue in those is possibly more bugs and balance issues but for now, I think the balance issues can be laid to rest as armor 2.0 might affect all of the guns anyway.

EDIT: And further reading trough the comments, I really don't have more to add that hasn't been said or suggested already. Some of the even positively surprised me and would love to get implemented into the game.

Edited by BETAOPTICS

You know it's bad when I feel the need to agree with Mak_Gohae :|

People always say that they would rather have lore/balance rather than new content, but when game developers do stop pushing out content, player populations consistently plummet.  Even if you ignore for a second that development doesn't work like that (ie departments don't overlap like people seem to think) people really aren't being honest with themselves.

Edited by Aggh

You know it's bad when I feel the need to agree with Mak_Gohae :|

People always say that they would rather have lore/balance rather than new content, but when game developers do stop pushing out content, player populations consistently plummet.  Even if you ignore for a second that development doesn't work like that (ie departments don't overlap like people seem to think) people really aren't being honest with themselves.

true! that´s why i wrote this letter, to make it clear to the developers that we DON´T want them to stop releasing content, but focus on releasing more important gameplay affecting changes then new weapons or levels!!!

Well trading will prob take care of the a lot of the RNG issues if implemented right.  Notice how we seem to generally have a ton of crap we don't want but are all missing that one thing?  And the one thing I'm missing is generally something my friend has a buttload of?  :D

Notice some peeps said endgame by definition is just loot grinding but that's not true.  Endgame can be other things like boss rushes (back 2 back boss fights) aggregate challenges, or even competitive objective/style based game play. 

Why do you put the letter on Steves head when Scott is the one who calls what get's put into the game, not Steve. That being said I am now eagerly waiting what will they do now and when do the first patch of fixes get released. I think that bug fixes such as Orokin Derelict Extermination missions (which fail 50% times due to broken spawns) need immediate hotfix. When some core issues have been fixed they should start fixing and improving gameplay mechanics. That being said, new weapons are still a welcome thing, especially when they are created by a separate team, or so they claim. So the only issue in those is possibly more bugs and balance issues but for now, I think the balance issues can be laid to rest as armor 2.0 might affect all of the guns anyway.

First of all, i wrote the letter to steve not because i deem him responsible for anything, but bescause he is the head of the project as far as i know. If i sounded insulting or unfair in my post to him please point out the section and i will definetly change it to an apropiate tone! It was definetly not my intention to blaim anyone for anything, i only wanted to point out an issue with the game development that i and many others see.

And secondly, please take your time and read the post thouroughly if you gonna reply, because i repeated myself ~6-7 times now,that i don´t want DE to "focus" on bug fixing. Fixing bugs is a given in any game, they are doing it and they will keep doing it. What i tried to clear out is that they, DE, misunderstand a lot of the demands for important gameplay fixes as "fixing a bug". Let me give you one of many examples:

The stealth system as it is, is not bugged, it is simply unfinished! It actively punishes you for trying to be stealthy and the whole mechanics of the game make these aproaches extremely difficult. So "IF" DE would release a new overhauled stealth system, that would be releasing new content, but in a way that changes the mechanics of the game via improving them, which leads ultimately to US having more fun with the game!!! This is what this game DESPERATELY NEEDS, instead of releasing new weapons or warframes that, while desirable, don´t change the gameplay in any way!

I hope i had to make that clear for the last time now.......

Edited by r0ckwolf

Well trading will prob take care of the a lot of the RNG issues if implemented right.  Notice how we seem to generally have a ton of crap we don't want but are all missing that one thing?  And the one thing I'm missing is generally something my friend has a buttload of?  :D

Notice some peeps said endgame by definition is just loot grinding but that's not true.  Endgame can be other things like boss rushes (back 2 back boss fights) aggregate challenges, or even competitive objective/style based game play. 

Trading would sure as hell be a nice and welcome adition, but i´m afraid that it will be kinnda like a cop out solution for the RNG problems. A better way to farm for loot, should be an absolute focus for DE. But still give us Trading please!^^

Trading would sure as hell be a nice and welcome adition, but i´m afraid that it will be kinnda like a cop out solution for the RNG problems. A better way to farm for loot, should be an absolute focus for DE. But still give us Trading please!^^

Well tradings bones have been shelled out to us, go check the developer workshop section of the forums they added a few days ago.  I'm not sure it is a cop out because it's like for like so you'll need a rare for a rare for example.  The way we farm loot isn't so bad with the trading mechanism I'd imagine so long as we can keep our dataminers OR if DE will release the drop tables :3

I think moving game focus maybe not away but at least diversifying a bit from farming would be a refreshing change :D