Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Flux Rifle Vs Soma

Techmarine123

Soma. It doesn't ignore armor but with an 87.5% crit. chance and like 800% crit. damage when modded right, it can deal tons of damage in one shot. At higher levels you'll be pumping out 60% of this in armor-ignoring damage. Soma and Synapse are currently the highest DPS weapons right in the game, just under the Acrid.

Flux Rifle's good. But Soma is cheaper, better, only takes 12 hours and has no Mastery Rank requirement. I expect it to hop to Mastery Rank 7 when they give it one.

Soma. It doesn't ignore armor but with an 87.5% crit. chance and like 800% crit. damage when modded right, it can deal tons of damage in one shot. At higher levels you'll be pumping out 60% of this in armor-ignoring damage. Soma and Synapse are currently the highest DPS weapons right in the game, just under the Acrid.

Flux Rifle's good. But Soma is cheaper, better, only takes 12 hours and has no Mastery Rank requirement. I expect it to hop to Mastery Rank 7 when they give it one.

by that time everyone will own one except the ps4 users at the rate this is going

I'm pretty sure,they'll nerf Soma.

nope, if youv watch the livestream they wont, just increase its rank requirment. 

op: imo Soma is better atm. (The only gun I find that doesnt need an elemental mod on it.)

still loved my flux though.

both are great , on low levels  it doesn't matter , you will need rifle ammo mutator mod for high levels and long survivals/ defences, i personally pick Flux though  for those since it has armor ignore and way greater dmg,

but both are good and i guess its just what you like to use more, if shooting lasers is your thing  get Flux, if ratatatatata is your thing get Soma

fully modded Flux

eqdi.png

fully modded Soma

1w1g.png

both are great , on low levels  it doesn't matter , you will need rifle ammo mutator mod for high levels and long survivals/ defences, i personally pick Flux though  for those since it has armor ignore and way greater dmg,

but both are good and i guess its just what you like to use more, if shooting lasers is your thing  get Flux, if ratatatatata is your thing get Soma

fully modded Flux

eqdi.png

fully modded Soma

1w1g.png

Remind me to never play a game with you. I'd like to be able to look at my monitor without being blinded instantly. XD

fully modded Flux

eqdi.png

fully modded Soma

1w1g.png

Pink nekros jesus christ my eyes

I'm not sure myself, but my fully modded soma hit about 200-500 per bullet. Thanks to its 87.5 % crit rate and 8.4 X crit damage(Best crit damage in the game). Oh, and I miss one mod because my soma isn't formaed yet.

Don't know about flux myself. Have thrown it before the buff patch.

Flux is serrated blade type, Soma is crit dmg type. Cost wise i would say that Soma wins this, but as with all weapons damage starts to fallout drastically when faced with high level mobs.

For me, it is all about preferences. Both are ammo munchers, both deal quite good amounts of damage, but Flux is pew pew lazor rifle.

Then you clearly don't know how to build a Soma.  When you do, it will out-DPS every other rifle on paper except for the Hind, but that doesn't carry over into practice because the Hind doesn't actually achieve anywhere near that DPS in-game for a variety of reasons.  The Soma on the other hand gets what its numbers say.  And in fact, its damage per second is so high that the damage from its +60% AP alone mod outdoes the intrinsic Serrated Blade damage of the Flux.  Even when you account for Piercing Hit on the Flux, the Soma still comes out on top.  The Soma does 5.4k AP DPS while the Flux does 1.3k SB DPS and 800 AP DPS.  5.4 >2.1

Calculations and Graphs: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlWVt6vp3-YWdHZJRTBvRTBrNGNrb3dNbEZsc0tZVHc&usp=drive_web#gid=0

Critical hits can be thought of as a way of increasing damage per second.  The thing is though, they increase the base damage whereas the build most weapons run on work by adding several kinds of elemental damage.  The Soma build only has room for two elemental mods, so naturally people slot in Cryo Rounds and Piercing Hit.  Critical hits don't just amp up the base damage though.  They amp up any elemental mods you might happen to have on your gun, so that 60% AP turns into a world of hurt that outdoes every other rifle in the game, even the Flux.