Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Augment Brainstorm

(XBOX)badlandsloop

Just some augments I've been thinking about. I don't have a company of playtesters or a good sense of range so most of the numerical details are omitted. Could be broken, could be useless but I had fun making them.

Atlas
Rolling Stone
Tectonics augment: Any warframe that bullet jumps through one of Atlas's walls becomes a boulder and rolls forward at high speeds (slightly controllable but not to the extent of say Grendel's meatball). Each collision creates an x/x/x/x meter radial petrify.

Stone Ocean
Petrify Augment: Holding the button dislodges half of Atlas's rubble armor, for each 50 armor removed, a nearby ally gains 20/30/40/50 armor or heals 20/30/40/50hp if they are missing hp.  (Low hp allies are prioritized, then low armor allies) While they have this armor they cannot be knocked prone while on the ground.

Baruuk
Sudden Desolation
Desolate hands augment: Holding the button detonates the daggers around Baruuk and his allies, dealing x/x/x/x blast damage that scales with the number of daggers.

Excalibur
Radial Execution
Radial Javelin augment: Hitting an enemy with less than 15/20/25/30% max health instantly cuts them in half. 

Overwhelming Blade
Exalted Blade augment: Heavy attacks unleash a devastating high energy cost energy wave. The wave drags foes in a ragdoll state releasing them when the wave travels through a solid object or reaches x/x/x/x meters.

Garuda
Revolting Altar:
Blood Altar augment: Enemies within the radius are stunned for 1/2/3/4 seconds and susceptible to melee finishers.

Infected Talons
Seeking Talons augment: Enemies hit by a talon suffer a viral proc for 2/3/4/5 seconds.

Mag
Bullet Funnel
Magnetize augment: Holding the button creates a similar bullet attractor around Mag instead of her target. This field redirects enemy projectiles and shards created by polarize to the aim reticle, firing them out. 20/30/40/50% size. Also passively reduces bullet spread and increases accuracy. 

Null Polarity
Polarize augment: Nullifier bubbles and security systems are disabled for 1/2/3/4s upon contact with polarize

Nekros
Defile
Desecrate augment: Desecrate now has a 4/6/8/10% chance to create a shadow. Maximum number of shadows increases.

Nezha
Blazing Feet
Fire Walker augment: Sliding into enemies inflicts a heat proc and knock them drown. Passive Fire Walker status chance increase 5/10/15/20%.

Revenant
Mesmer Bloom
Mesmer skin augment: Casting mesmer skin creates a bloom at Revenant's location. The bloom increases nearby thrall damage by 25/50/75/100% and makes them immune to enemy damage. Allows recasting the ability before it's over.

Raving Gauntlet
Reave Augment: Reave now leaves a trail of 2/3/4/5 lasers that fire up from the ground dealing Danse Macabre damage.

Saryn
Crawling Molt
Molt augment: Rather than sit in place, the molt crawls toward enemies and has a x/x/x/x meter radius toxic cloud. No longer expodes on death or recast. Passive molt duration bonus.

Titania
Pupating Tribute
Tribute augment: Picking up a tribute buff plants 1/2/2/3 Razorfly larvae in the enemy. When they die the matured razorflies are unleashed.

Trinity
Overflowing Well
Well of Life augment: Trinity is granted x/x/x/x% of the target's armor and shield.  Buff lasts a few seconds after marked enemy death. Passive Well of Life duration increase.

Valkyr
Ripnet
Ripline augment: ripline targets all enemies in a x/x/x/x meter cone, cannot be used to pull allies. Passive ripline damage increase.

Volt
Ball Lightning
Shock augment: Fires a small initially slow moving sphere that zaps enemies within x/x/x/x meters every 0.5 seconds. Ball reacts to physics ricocheting off surfaces and increasing speed when shot.

Ride the Lightning
Electric Shield augment: Bullet jumping through an electric shield lets a warframe ride it like a high speed k-drive. Landing jumps releases devastating electric shockwaves, landing tricks increases range and damage. Beefing it or otherwise dismounting returns the shield to its natural state. Drive speed, damage, and range increase with mod level.

Wisp
Guiding Light
Wil-O-Wisp Augment: Wisp's spectral double picks up any reservoirs it comes into range of, dropping them wherever it disappears.

Solar Array
Sol gate augment: Sol gate beam now reflects from enemy to enemy within range. Up to 3/4/4/5 enemies at a time. The initial beam can be reflected off of solid surfaces.

Wukong
Hunter's Mark
Celestial twin augment: Marking an enemy with celestial twin now spends energy to stun the target for 1/1/1/2 seconds. The twin will then rush to finisher the target.

Cloud Army
Cloud walker augment: If the full duration is spent, cloud walker summons extra celestial twins up to 1/2/2/3. Twins duration is the same as cloud walker.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, (XB1)Ben 3 Sound said:

Tectonics augment: Any warframe that bullet jumps through one of Atlas's walls becomes a boulder and rolls forward at high speeds (slightly controllable but not to the extent of say Grendel's meatball). Each collision creates an x/x/x/x meter radial petrify.

Fits better if it wad a roll

20 minutes ago, (XB1)Ben 3 Sound said:

Stone Ocean
Petrify Augment: Holding the button dislodges half of Atlas's rubble armor, for each 50 armor removed, a nearby ally gains 20/30/40/50 armor or heals 20/30/40/50hp if they are missing hp.  (Low hp allies are prioritized, then low armor allies) While they have this armor they cannot be knocked prone while on the ground.

Probably to weak , compare it to warding halo.

21 minutes ago, (XB1)Ben 3 Sound said:

Radial Javelin augment: Hitting an enemy with less than 15/20/25/30% max health instantly cuts them in half. 

Should be default because javelins suck by default.

21 minutes ago, (XB1)Ben 3 Sound said:

Exalted Blade augment: Heavy attacks unleash a devastating high energy cost energy wave. The wave drags foes in a ragdoll state releasing them when the wave travels through a solid object or reaches x/x/x/x meters.

Feels like it should be baseline , so it is likely to be implemented as an argument.

22 minutes ago, (XB1)Ben 3 Sound said:

Infected Talons
Seeking Talons augment: Enemies hit by a talon suffer a viral proc for 2/3/4/5 seconds

I think this does not healh help garuda bwcause she already deals % up damage.

23 minutes ago, (XB1)Ben 3 Sound said:

Magnetize augment: Holding the button creates a similar bullet attractor around Mag instead of her target. This field redirects enemy projectiles and shards created by polarize to the aim reticle, firing them out. 20/30/40/50% size. Also passively reduces bullet spread and increases accuracy. 

Turbulence for mag , this is fine acutally

24 minutes ago, (XB1)Ben 3 Sound said:

Mesmer skin augment: Casting mesmer skin creates a bloom at Revenant's location. The bloom increases nearby thrall damage by 25/50/75/100% and makes them immune to enemy damage. Allows recasting the ability before it's over.

Two level 100 heavy gunners take like an hour to kill each other , cutting that time in half does not really help.

26 minutes ago, (XB1)Ben 3 Sound said:

Well of Life augment: Trinity is granted x/x/x/x% of the target's armor and shield.  Buff lasts a few seconds after marked enemy death. Passive Well of Life duration increase.

Probably broken due to armor scaling being bonkers. If it is balanced it will feel uselees at lower levels.

27 minutes ago, (XB1)Ben 3 Sound said:

Electric Shield augment: Bullet jumping through an electric shield lets a warframe ride it like a high speed k-drive. Landing jumps releases devastating electric shockwaves, landing tricks increases range and damage. Beefing it or otherwise dismounting returns the shield to its natural state. Drive speed, damage, and range increase with mod level.

Love this one.

Overall creative ideas , nice job.

Thanks for the feedback. Marathoning ideas lets a few things like the Trinity, Garuda, and Revenant things you pointed out slip through the cracks. lol

29 minutes ago, keikogi said:

Fits better if it wad a roll

Probably, thematically absolutely, I'm just worried its easier to accidentally roll thru the wall than to bullet jump. The atlas roll was originally just a thing he could do but then I made the volt one. I went back to made them twins.

33 minutes ago, keikogi said:

Two level 100 heavy gunners take like an hour to kill each other , cutting that time in half does not really help.

I was a little blinded when top down designing the hydrolyst vom blooms for Rev. What if losing all mesmer stacks made one of those horrible acid rain storms the hydrolyst makes? Really splatoons the stage around Revenant in high damage slime.

28 minutes ago, (XB1)Ben 3 Sound said:

Thanks for the feedback. Marathoning ideas lets a few things like the Trinity, Garuda, and Revenant things you pointed out slip through the cracks. lol

Whenever designing something new you will always run the risk of it being uterlly useless or broken. Sometimes it is hard to tell.

I've seen stuff that sonds broken but it was weak. I've seen stuff that seens weak but it was completely gamebreaking. Because of that it is easy to let that kind of thing slide trought the cracks.

43 minutes ago, (XB1)Ben 3 Sound said:

Probably, thematically absolutely, I'm just worried its easier to accidentally roll thru the wall than to bullet jump. The atlas roll was originally just a thing he could do but then I made the volt one. I went back to made them twins.

If the player can cancel the bolder roll it not really a problem.

44 minutes ago, (XB1)Ben 3 Sound said:

was a little blinded when top down designing the hydrolyst vom blooms for Rev. What if losing all mesmer stacks made one of those horrible acid rain storms the hydrolyst makes? Really splatoons the stage around Revenant in high damage slime.

A second power themed into eidlons( and not vampire ) , as far as I am concerned it is a good addition.