Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Am I supposed to be psychic?

Senguash

Was I just supposed to have a hunch to do more Nightwave while I was already at rank 60?

Were I meant to just guess that they were going to count retroactively?

I guess it won't matter if there's enough time to get to 90 anyway...

So I can get another 450 credits...

Nightwave is a bit of a mess right now, and while I can certainly appreciate the amount of effort that goes into each actual nightwave,
I would much rather trade off some of said effort for things being here on time. 

To be completely honest, I just want to see some actual rewards  insteads of the endless row of 15 credits, and I don't truly care about anything else regarding Nightwave. I like the tasks, and I like the rewards. 1/2 missing atm.

• Like 1

DE didn't plan for this either I imagine, they're behind massively for Nightwave to the point they've had to recycle and extend several times over an intermission and its rewards and that's probably not something they were going for. The lack of forewarning isn't the best but DE probably in kind didn't think they'd get so woefully behind on Nightwave they'd need more extensions past what they had done.  

This happening though is not due to a lack of effort, but rather DE just over extending themselves, a bulk of this miss is probably in thanks to DE devoting all their energy late last year into getting Railjack and Liches to us before the year ended lending to our next season not even being put into development until the start of this year. That said they are working on the next series now at least but it clearly needs more development time to finish than the perhaps month or less it's been in production. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Cubewano said:

a bulk of this miss is probably in thanks to DE devoting all their energy late last year into getting Railjack and Liches to us before the year ended lending to our next season not even being put into development until the start of this year.

^this. see, this right here is why you DON'T rush out a half baked build and leave it to be fixed later, you start a c0ck-up cascade, a constant domino effect where one bad decision leads to being forced to make more bad decisions to try and reverse the consequences, but the more you spend time trying to fix things, the less time you have for working on new content. amazing how one silly move in 2019 is now having repercussions in February 2020. technically you could argue every update this year from this point forward would have arrived earlier were it not for the fiasco of Railjack's launch.

I bet they've said to themselves out loud "we really shouldn't have thrown railjack out that soon". hopefully they won't be making that mistake again. I really want nightwave season 3, but at least people who joined after season 1 can get the Wolf stuff. I'd also rather them take the time they need to get it right so we don't have yet another situation like the one we just had.

• Like 2

Why would anyone be at all upset that additional rewards that didn't exist before and weren't intended to exist at first now exist?

No, you weren't supposed to know that this would happen.  You were supposed to not get anything past 60 at all.  Then things happened, and things changed.

I still see people saying utterly inane things like "having" to reach rank 60 (now 90) Nightwave and that you're definitely intended to reach it and how much they dislike being forced to do things they don't want to do.  This is despite the entire point, both as stated and as demonstrated, of Ranks beyond 30 offering nothing but NW Credits at a moderately higher rate per rank specifically to make them not be worth doing things you don't want to do but still give some reward for it.

3 hours ago, Senguash said:

Was I just supposed to have a hunch to do more Nightwave while I was already at rank 60?

Nightwave challenges are optional. It's your decision.

3 hours ago, Senguash said:

To be completely honest, I just want to see some actual rewards  insteads of the endless row of 15 credits

I'm afraid the game ran out of rewards to satisfy your demand atm.
As for me, NW credits are still useful but I don't aim to complete all of these challenges yet.

Didn't they announce an extension a couple devstreams ago? Regardless if doing the acts is such a chore then don't do them, especially if the cred isn't enough of a reward.

All of Nightwave is optional regardless of how much anyone feels otherwise.

There is a catch up mechanic that will let you do missions that you didn't do.

They probably checked their stats. For instance i play mostly on weekends, i didn't do all the challenges, and even i was stuck at rank 60 and 10000/10000. Now i at least will be able to buy some helmets and stuff, maybe potato, or even freaking nitain. I also don't see the point in having that cap at all.

Why do you see it as a bad thing? It's possible to do 4 ranks a week, 4 ranks is 60 creds, if it will stay for at least 2 weeks then it's a free potato for you.

I stopped actively trying to do Nightwave challenges when I hit 60, I went up 7 levels instantly today.

Plus the fact they added all these ranks means there's plenty of time before the event ends, you don't need to be max rank right now. You have time. Your challenges can be recovered.

Edited by xcrimsonlegendx

How dare De give us more ranks?!

Now I will get more rewards! What the actual #*!%?!

Just stop whining. There are so many other reasons you could be mad and you're big problem is that you can get more stuff for free.

I didn't even get to rank60 ffs. You don't even need to get there.

Btw this wasn't planned at. There are a bunch of other things De has to work on.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, JackHargreav said:

How dare De give us more ranks?!

Just stop whining. There are so many other reasons you could be mad and you're big problem is that you can get more stuff for free.

Btw this wasn't planned at. There are a bunch of other things De has to work on.

Nightwave is a type of battle pass system with levels. While you may not care about ranks into Prestige, the ranks themselves are important to some people. These people don't necessarily need Creds, and they just want to be max rank to "complete" the system for themselves. When these people hit 60 weeks ago, they stopped doing Daily Nightwave missions because they capped out. Weeks later DE adds another 30 levels. You can't get Daily missions back, so the feeling of missing 21,000+ reputation in Daily tasks because you couldn't predict how DE would implement the next 30 levels does suck.

I too am disappointed with Nightwave. I much rather have consistently timed seasons with multiple Umbral Forma every now and then compared to 3 seasons per year. This system has fallen into the same dilemma as Sorties did when they had seasons, and it seems DE didn't learn why these delayed seasons lasting multiple months is horrendous for the content. DE should have ended Intermission II 2 months ago and started another Intermission so players could still have some sort of consistent season length to work with.

Edited by Voltage

13 hours ago, JackHargreav said:

Except that you don't. Should've paid more attention reading the actual OP which is explaining this issue.

13 hours ago, JackHargreav said:

Thanks for pointing out the obvious and proving OP's point further.

• Like 1