Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Let solo players open 4 relics at once in one mission

Kashtan

Some people like to play solo / have unreliable internet connection. It would be nice if solo people would get the ability to open 4 void relics at once by collecting 40 reactants in one mission to remedy the fact that they don't have the usual "choose 1 out of 4" privilage that the people playing in public squads have.

• Like 1

Then everyone would become a solo player in a co-op game. And the amount of reactants doesn't matter if I can open 4 void relics at the same time solo.

What you're saying is that I get all 4 void relics? Since your idea of 40 reactants is suppose to remedy the "choose 1 out of 4" that sounds more like a plus for solo players.

Edited by ShadowExodus
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, ShadowExodus said:

Then everyone would become a solo player in a co-op game. And the amount of reactants doesn't matter if I can open 4 void relics at the same time solo.

What you're saying is that I get all 4 void relics? Since your idea of 40 reactants is suppose to remedy the "choose 1 out of 4" that sounds more like a plus for solo players.

Well since you'd be opening 4 at once it's kind of logical to get 4 parts. The thing is as a solo player you'll have to just accept whatever rngsus has given to you while in a squad you can choose a reward from a squadmate.

8 minutes ago, adek183 said:

Well since you'd be opening 4 at once it's kind of logical to get 4 parts. The thing is as a solo player you'll have to just accept whatever rngsus has given to you while in a squad you can choose a reward from a squadmate.

Do you understand what you're saying? In a co-op session with a full squad you open 4 relics and get a choice to pick ONE of the 4 relics..
What you're suggesting is that in a solo player can open 4 relics and get ALL FOUR RELICS. 
If you don't see anything wrong with what you're saying then you really need to reread what you're saying.

Edited by ShadowExodus
  • Like 1

So there's precedent in that we can now carry all 4 keys for Vault Runs. It gives us debuffs, but those are easily ignored. 

Given that, I wouldn't flinch if they said "You can run 4 relics, but you can only pick 1 reward." The rewards would be identical to the way it is now - aside from not needing 4 other players to do a radshare - but there is a higher cost for playing by yourself (you use up 4 relics, instead of 1).

I can definitely see the convenience in that, especially when you find out that a particular relic just isn't all that interesting to everyone else.

Bottom line: a higher cost to you in resource terms, same reward amounts as running in a team, and a little added convenience from time to time. Seems okay.

Edited by Ham_Grenabe
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, ShadowExodus said:

Do you understand what you're saying? In a co-op session with a full squad you open 4 relics and get a choice to pick ONE of the 4 relics..
What you're suggesting is that in a solo player can open 4 relics and get ALL FOUR RELICS. 
If you don't see anything wrong with what you're saying then you really need to reread what you're saying.

Well if it's bothering you so much we can just go with the normal "choose one" scheme but that would mean you essentially "destroy" all the primes that you don't choose and you still "pay" 4 relics.

33 minutes ago, (PS4)Ozymandias-13- said:

This is a co-op game. 

It would be a terrible idea to reward players with solo instead of on a team. 

It's a co-op game with an option to play solo. In fact playing solo is more of a "challenge" because you can't just revive eachother in normal circumstances for example and in cases of survival missions enemy spawns are lower and it's harder to keep up the oxygen.

7 minutes ago, adek183 said:

Well if it's bothering you so much we can just go with the normal "choose one" scheme but that would mean you essentially "destroy" all the primes that you don't choose and you still "pay" 4 relics.

Yeah, that's pretty much the only way I see this happening - you get to pick one item, and say goodbye to the rest. If you want to do this solo, it'll cost you. If you're just burning relics solo to burn 'em (trace farming or whatever) then you do one at a time. If you want to try for a rare item and can't find a team, you do a self-radshare, knowing that it's gonna cost you 4x as much. 

As possible recompense, you could always get, say, 4x the void trace amount afterwards. But "give me a way to get 4 times as many platinum-valued rewards by running solo" is a big ask of the devs. 

Edited by Ham_Grenabe

2 hours ago, adek183 said:

That's literally the only way this would go out. Being able to open 4 relics by yourself and get ALL 4 relics at the end of the run would just beg the question why run with a squad? Literally there was no downside to what you were suggesting. 4x relic radshare by yourself? #*!% why am I complaining I'm a solo player and that sounds like heaven for farming primes parts.

The option to fill up a blank team spot with a relic would be fine. Getting twice of anything is too opie. Why?

I have thousands of relics i will never open.. I could farm traces 4 times faster for almost no cost? Absolutely opie.. And getting 4 prime parts.. Like yeah, wont happen ever. 

9 hours ago, adek183 said:

It's a co-op game with an option to play solo. In fact playing solo is more of a "challenge" because you can't just revive eachother in normal circumstances for example and in cases of survival missions enemy spawns are lower and it's harder to keep up the oxygen.

But you're asking for more reward from solo than co-op, by getting all 4 rewards rather than having to make a choice. Your method also lets you choose the 4 relics you want/need rewards from rather than the random relics of a typical non-preformed team. You might as well be asking for primed mods to be rewarded from Conclave...

Best case scenario you should be picking one of the rewards just like any other time. You still have the benefit of bringing 4 relics of your choice so you still come out ahead...

Bust 4 nuts for one prime part on solo could work.

To farm one rare thing specifically you would need to farm 4 of the same relic (Imagine if its one of those rare ones) and invest 4x the traces for each run as well.

*It would still be more efficient to do squads eitherway* because you will have to use 4 relics for each run on solo instead of using 1 relic for each run in squads.

This will also solve issues on farming for a prime part that no one else is actively farming for (usually when hype dies down in a specific prime)

I'd agree to this, but only if we get to pick 1 reward out of 4 relics.

Possibly even going further and allowing a 2-man-team to pick 2 relics per person, even if that's a bigger stretch than solo multiple relics.

But never going with 4 relics and come back with 4 rewards. That way I also want to take all 4 rewards in coop relics, since it'd be pretty much the same. And this still would be disastrous for DE, given the overflow of prime parts of all kinds.

The only way I could see this working would be if we got to keep only a single reward out of the four available. At that point, players would have the option of wasting Relics for the sake of weighing RNG in their favour and saving time, which I personally feel is a fair choice. It might not be a good idea for expensive Gold drops, but if I'm after something Common or even Uncommon for which I have 50+ Relics (which I do for a lot of them), I might be willing to throw quite a few of them away just to save myself a bit of grinding.

Honestly, though - I'm personally more interested in getting a less frustrating way to earn Void Traces. For me personally, that's by FAR the largest limiting factor even more so than attaining the Relics themselves.

5 minutes ago, Steel_Rook said:

The only way I could see this working would be if we got to keep only a single reward out of the four available. At that point, players would have the option of wasting Relics for the sake of weighing RNG in their favour and saving time, which I personally feel is a fair choice. It might not be a good idea for expensive Gold drops, but if I'm after something Common or even Uncommon for which I have 50+ Relics (which I do for a lot of them), I might be willing to throw quite a few of them away just to save myself a bit of grinding.

Honestly, though - I'm personally more interested in getting a less frustrating way to earn Void Traces. For me personally, that's by FAR the largest limiting factor even more so than attaining the Relics themselves.

That's why I thought that it might be cool to get bonus void traces if you're burning multiple items solo. Somewhere between 2 and 4 times the usual amount. So you spend 4 relics for 1 reward, but there is a modest payoff in void traces. 

Edited by Ham_Grenabe