Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should kuva lich be more aggressive in gameplay?

Seeing the lich not being much of the "nemesis" (I haven't played the game they took inspiration from), I think it's time DE to up the lich gameplay?

General

1. Whenever you finish a mission in a planet under the lich influence, they will appear to take their idiot tax/tithe personally. Whenever this happens, the extraction will be disabled and only appear whenever you downed the lich to make them leave, stab them or die

1.1 The lich will go all out chasing you, no more leaving them 100m behind

1.2 If you extract, the lich will mock you for being a coward or scaredy cat while boasting their might making you run away from fear

1.3 Considering they appear on every mission, anger meter now affects the aggressiveness of the lich where they use abilities more often and try chase and grab you harder

2. Dying to the lich means they're taking all your "lunch money" like a bully, means all things you collected in that mission is stolen

3. They appear with bunch of thralls as underlings to gang up on you

4. Whenever you're being revived, they will mock you for being weaker than them and acting tough just because you are in a team

5. If the teammates don't revive you, they will give a one liner about "getting better teammates"

6. If you choose to use self revive, they will leave while calling you as a scaredy cat/coward for retreating or taking the shortcut instead of fighting to the last drop of your blood

For missions themselves

1. Whenever you do normal missions, you will see some thralls acting as the watchmen of the place where killing them means avoiding the lich to appear from the call

2. If the normal missions are not grineer in nature, you will see grineer invasions with some thralls between them as the attempt to take over the sector for the lich

Railjack Integration

1. Level 3 lich will send fighters several level higher than normal

2. Level 4 Lich will have several crewships appearing at the same time and rain shots from all direction

3. Level 5 Lich will have a massive galleon with heavy defense batteries where you have to take risk to enter

Anger meter

1. Anger meter affects how often they use abilities since they will appear on every mission, where furious lich will almost always spam abilities like tenno spamming abilites (refer to point 1.3)

2. Anger meter affects how often they send thrall squads to disturb you, with full bar means almost guaranteed to have a squad intruding your mission every now and then

Ability use

- They can combine ability to make a synergy (casting cursed ground and switch teleport you to make you land on them for maximum damage received)

More will be added

What do you guys think?

Addition

Item spending

1. Vain lich

- they will spend your stolen items for many "beautiful things", starting from their own statue to immortalize their beauty, to numerous useless "beautiful things"

*they're lich exclusive items so you may get things like sugatras that isn't seen anywhere, or maybe some weird orbiter decoration like rubedo stool? Be quick though, they will eventually spend all of the resources and when you vanquish the lich, you will get lots of lich exclusive things and they're "beautiful things" that you may see as hideous instead of your stolen things so you don't want to spend too much time with this lich if you happen to need lots of materials

2. Pyromaniac lich

- spends your stolen items for lots of fire related items

3. Bloodhound lich

- spends your stolen items for invisibility countering items

For you slowpokes or ignorant to the lich

1. Veiled riven mod that is stolen by the lich would be destroyed into riven sliver in three (3) days, means if you don't try to vanquish the lich, kiss your riven goodbye and if you leave the lich longer, see your riven mod become a purple crystal sugatra or necklace for your operator to wear

2. Ayatan sculptures would be melted into auron, and later turned to gold cosmetics

3. Having 1k kuva stolen will cause the kuva to disappear in seven (7) days, removing weakness to a random element or adding a resistance if there's no weakness

(You think they won't do a thing to your precious? Please, I'm not that kind)

Spawning

3 choices

1. Choice similar to the screen when you choose to vanquish or convert

2. Lich appears with the weapon they will use with kuva mist that increases ephemera chance from 20% to 25%. Removes mercy option so it's really a nemesis born from your kill, not your choice

3 No changes

Ganging up

1. With lich spawn change, they can appear together when you're in a group, making it up to 4v4 battle

2. Occasionally, the lich may gang up on you even when you're solo so you will fight 4 liches with 3 of them having unknown weakness and resistance so you can fight them while doing this

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS1oU12w776roX8mYXwRm1

Lich with 'fear of being alone' has increased chance to gang up

Requiem hint

The lich may speak a line or two, hinting the requiem

Some as examples

Lohk : From brooding gulfs we are beheld, by that which bears no name

- Our origin bears no name

Xata : Its heralds are the stars it fells, the sky and earth aflame

- We torch the world, either sky or earth

Jahu : Corporeal laws are unwrit, as suns and love retreat

- We live with laws unseen, Tenno

Vome : To cosmic madness laws submit, though stalwart minds entreat

- May I ask you something, Tenno?

Ris : In luminous space blackened stars, they accuse, gaze, deny

- You can deny me, buy you can't avoid me

Fass : Roiling, moaning, this realm of ours, in madness lost shall die

- You're only swirling around the situation, Tenno

Netra : Carrion hordes trill their profane, accord with eldritch plans

- My death is just a tone from life

Khra : To cosmic forms from tangent planes, we end as we began

- Shall we begin our showdown, Tenno?

Might change if the quotes are too obvious

Parazon use

- Requiem mods now really play like mastermind game, means you don't know if the stab is correct or wrong on that instant

- You need three stabs to fully deplete the health now, with no hint if your requiem order is right or wrong

- Kuva lich now actually "die" after three requiem stabs, where they lose their limbs and head when you hack them only to greet you when you come back to your orbiter

Lich teammate

1. Lich now can be added as teammates, filling your teammate slots (adding lich will prevent other players joining your squad if your slot is full) and stay in your squad until you disband

2. Lich are able to revive you and you can revive them like reviving other players in mission

3. They're scaled with mission similar to how specters scale with mission, but their level will stay at endless mission so eventually they will get overwhelmed if the level difference is too big

I like "resource spending" idea.

They steal very insignificant amounts of lame stuff (unless its a riven...but riven is not a resource)....And getting it back doesnt feel great.  

So i would love if Lich turned those into something intersting....Or just built a new Thumper model and released it on the Plains for me to have fun with.  Or got itself a jetpack and invisibility detecting visor. Anything really.....

I'd like them to have some more mocking lines, outside of combat a Villain is only as good as it's taunts and threats. not sure about a couple of those ideas, but more personalities, resource taxes that actually feel like a dent, and resouce spending could really work, especially fi you can get unique decorations or whatever from the Lich upon it's death.

I do want the lich to be more aggressive and threatening (coz that's their whole point) but I also understand why they made it seem like an option to fight them rather than a must. Some players hate the lich system, some players might also not be too powerful to face the lich and will only want to fight the lich when they are prepared, so forcing to fight them (remember The Wolf fiasco? Unkillable *to some, randomly crashing on your game and preventing you to finish the mission) might not be a pretty good idea. 
Leaving upon self-revive is...forgetting about solo players? The lich can just mock me to death but pls. don't go lol. Imagine if you're trying a combination, you got 2 and now you only need to try the last mod but lich killed you, and so now bye-bye gonna have to try that combination next time we meet! 😕

But other than those, these are interesting, especially the "spending" that will give us some exclusive items. More reason to hunt lich even if you have the weapons and ephemera. 

Il y a 5 heures, 844448 a dit :

Seeing the lich not being much of the "nemesis" (I haven't played the game they took inspiration from), I think it's time DE to up the lich gameplay?

1. Whenever you finish a mission in a planet under the lich influence, they will appear to take their idiot tax/tithe personally. Whenever this happens, the extraction will be disabled and only appear whenever you downed the lich to make them leave, stab them or die

2. Dying to the lich means they're taking all your "lunch money" like a bully, means all things you collected in that mission is stolen

3. They appear with bunch of thralls as underlings to gang up on you

4. Whenever you're being revived, they will mock you for being weaker than them and acting tough just because you are in a team

5. If the teammates don't revive you, they will give a one liner about "getting better teammates"

6. If you choose to use self revive, they will leave while calling you as a scaredy cat/coward for retreating instead of fighting to the last drop of your blood

For missions themselves

1. Whenever you do normal missions, you will see some thralls acting as the watchmen of the place where killing them means avoiding the lich to appear from the call

2. If the normal missions are not grineer in nature, you will see grineer invasions with some thralls between them as the attempt to take over the sector for the lich

More will be added

What do you guys think?

Addition

1. Vain lich

- they will spend your stolen items for many "beautiful things", starting from their own statue to immortalize their beauty, to numerous useless "beautiful things"

*they're lich exclusive items so you may get things like sugatras that isn't seen anywhere, or maybe some weird orbiter decoration like rubedo stool? Be quick though, they will eventually spend all of the resources and when you vanquish the lich, you will get lots of lich exclusive things and they're "beautiful things" that you may see as hideous instead of your stolen things so you don't want to spend too much time with this lich if you happen to need lots of materials

2. Pyromaniac lich

- spends your stolen items for lots of fire related items

I'd say no to most of those, except the doushy one-liners, we need more of those.

I'd suggest to have them actually hunt you down through the level, the guy is supposed to be furious at me, but he won't leave the corner he spawned in. Added to that, lichs should spawn in any mission, when you're not actively hunting them. That would give incentive to run away from the lich that'd now be chasing you.

Yesterday i spwaned a lich magnetic because the pull aura thing...

Was the most hard lich i ever see in my life....magnetic damage make us almost blind to see where is the lich. Every  member from my party died a lot and all left me alone.

In the almost end of countdow mission i killed...i think they are hard enough.

7) Warframe will be destroyed after dying without revive. You have to farm another one.

8) Immune to all abilities including operator's arcane.

9) Actually hunts you down instead of playing hide and seek.

10) Reduces damage dealt by non-owner by 95%

11) Gains a GLOBAL aura that drain X% of Max hp per second(The more Hp you have, the more it drains) and block any source of healing. (Bye Inaros)

12) Spawns with 5 Un-nerfed Grineer Manic.

13) Gains +1 level with every thralls killed (Only thralls that they convert/spawn with)

1 hour ago, -AiLuoLi- said:

7) Warframe will be destroyed after dying without revive. You have to farm another one.

8) Immune to all abilities including operator's arcane.

9) Actually hunts you down instead of playing hide and seek.

10) Reduces damage dealt by non-owner by 95%

11) Gains a GLOBAL aura that drain X% of Max hp per second(The more Hp you have, the more it drains) and block any source of healing. (Bye Inaros)

12) Spawns with 5 Un-nerfed Grineer Manic.

13) Gains +1 level with every thralls killed (Only thralls that they convert/spawn with)

Calm down Satan. But I agree on Point 9, they should chase you like stalker throughout the level. Not standing in the room he/she spawned in.

16 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

Calm down Satan. But I agree on Point 9, they should chase you like stalker throughout the level. Not standing in the room he/she spawned in.

That don't just stand there. They refuse to leave the room. I try to lead a lich out of a room, and they just go stop once the door closes. Lich AI buff would be nice...

20 hours ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

I like everything but 1 as well. Mostly because it would stop me from leaving a mission when I might not want to live in that mission for half an hour waiting for my lich to show.

Don't worry, the lich will be a guaranteed spawn every time you finish the objective and it will be in 10 seconds so there will be no waiting at all

I would start by making the lich fight more engaging first. Currently all the lich AI does is this:

activate 1 ability > shoot you( with the aim time and rate of fire of a grineer ballista ) or try to grab you > charge at you/teleport away > repeat

we need more attack patterns and some cc abilities/attacks, % health based heavy attack (so you have to dodge and not face tank), some special attacks that can be parried follow by a counter attack finisher, QTE etc. Just bring a bit of boss fight elements from Nier, dark souls, Sekiro, code vein etc. Those did it well.

I also understand the difficulty in enemy AI movement in narrow corridors, so what several new tile sets that is specifically optimized for boss fight? Like Razorback Armada room,  Ambulas tile set and  Kela De Thaym arena.

On 2020-02-12 at 5:11 PM, vegetosayajin said:

All is great but if all that is connected somehow to shorten the murmur grind it will be the best.
I've run lich missions for the past week with unleveled frames and weapons just to make some "challenge" and to be able to die.

I believe having your lich appears every time you do a mission with a bunch of thralls with more converted during the lich spawn helps to shorten it since you don't put your full focus on murmur to get the lich and you get two birds with one stone

Archived