Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should kuva lich be more aggressive in gameplay?

On 2020-02-12 at 12:11 AM, 844448 said:

Seeing the lich not being much of the "nemesis" (I haven't played the game they took inspiration from), I think it's time DE to up the lich gameplay?

1. Whenever you finish a mission in a planet under the lich influence, they will appear to take their idiot tax/tithe personally. Whenever this happens, the extraction will be disabled and only appear whenever you downed the lich to make them leave, stab them or die

1.1 The lich will go all out chasing you, no more leaving them 100m behind

2. Dying to the lich means they're taking all your "lunch money" like a bully, means all things you collected in that mission is stolen

3. They appear with bunch of thralls as underlings to gang up on you

4. Whenever you're being revived, they will mock you for being weaker than them and acting tough just because you are in a team

5. If the teammates don't revive you, they will give a one liner about "getting better teammates"

6. If you choose to use self revive, they will leave while calling you as a scaredy cat/coward for retreating or taking the shortcut instead of fighting to the last drop of your blood

For missions themselves

1. Whenever you do normal missions, you will see some thralls acting as the watchmen of the place where killing them means avoiding the lich to appear from the call

2. If the normal missions are not grineer in nature, you will see grineer invasions with some thralls between them as the attempt to take over the sector for the lich

More will be added

What do you guys think?

Addition

1. Vain lich

- they will spend your stolen items for many "beautiful things", starting from their own statue to immortalize their beauty, to numerous useless "beautiful things"

*they're lich exclusive items so you may get things like sugatras that isn't seen anywhere, or maybe some weird orbiter decoration like rubedo stool? Be quick though, they will eventually spend all of the resources and when you vanquish the lich, you will get lots of lich exclusive things and they're "beautiful things" that you may see as hideous instead of your stolen things so you don't want to spend too much time with this lich if you happen to need lots of materials

2. Pyromaniac lich

- spends your stolen items for lots of fire related items

3. Bloodhound lich

- spends your stolen items for invisibility countering items

To come up with these suggestions means YOU actually play the game and contrast how the flow of ideas from theory into practice! The reoccurring theme here is DE doesn't play warframe per'se.  Which also explains the egregious implementation of systems and quality of life violations so readily available at every seeming turn. 

If you going to I corporate "the nemesis system" at least match the quality of those who did it before you. After all they have shown you the road map. 

22 hours ago, (XB1)EPOSSTYLE said:

To come up with these suggestions means YOU actually play the game and contrast how the flow of ideas from theory into practice! The reoccurring theme here is DE doesn't play warframe per'se.  Which also explains the egregious implementation of systems and quality of life violations so readily available at every seeming turn. 

If you going to I corporate "the nemesis system" at least match the quality of those who did it before you. After all they have shown you the road map. 

If only I can find that one "where old blood" thread where people melt down on the first day of fall 2019 when it's a 3 months of possible release date, screaming delay, DE is lazy, etc

• 2 weeks later...
On 2020-02-12 at 6:17 PM, Yxivi said:

I do want the lich to be more aggressive and threatening (coz that's their whole point) but I also understand why they made it seem like an option to fight them rather than a must. Some players hate the lich system, some players might also not be too powerful to face the lich and will only want to fight the lich when they are prepared, so forcing to fight them (remember The Wolf fiasco? Unkillable *to some, randomly crashing on your game and preventing you to finish the mission) might not be a pretty good idea. 
Leaving upon self-revive is...forgetting about solo players? The lich can just mock me to death but pls. don't go lol. Imagine if you're trying a combination, you got 2 and now you only need to try the last mod but lich killed you, and so now bye-bye gonna have to try that combination next time we meet! 😕

Fixed

• 3 weeks later...
On 2020-02-28 at 11:52 AM, AegisSiege said:

I would like if they sent Death Squads after you like the Syndicates. Like a squad of Thralls or something, and make it happen outside of their controlled territory.

Sort of not desirable to me though, considering the chance to have them appear is RNG and sometimes appear at the bad time when you're leveling up your gears but can be put into consideration

On 2020-02-12 at 5:05 PM, (PS4)Yes-Man-Kablaam said:

Liches do need a bit more oomph to them. dunno fi this is the way to go about it though. 

Don't have any thought to add more oomph to them other than this way yet, considering the lich hardly face you to have them engaging

On 2020-02-12 at 1:26 AM, Kainosh said:

I like "resource spending" idea.

They steal very insignificant amounts of lame stuff (unless its a riven...but riven is not a resource)....And getting it back doesnt feel great.  

So i would love if Lich turned those into something intersting....Or just built a new Thumper model and released it on the Plains for me to have fun with.  Or got itself a jetpack and invisibility detecting visor. Anything really.....

My thought has always been - all this talk about kuva, what if the resources they consumed were used to create kuva that would be received upon vanquishing them? Not 1-to-1 obviously, and there would need to be a cap to prevent abuse / "too much kuva". However, I think it's a viable option, I mean - it's in their name after all and a few hundred (100, 200, 300) for defeating a lich per failed word is.. paltry in comparison to siphons let alone kuva farming. I think liches have the potential to be another way of farming kuva for a chance of scenery among other things.

1 hour ago, Tinklzs said:

My thought has always been - all this talk about kuva, what if the resources they consumed were used to create kuva that would be received upon vanquishing them? Not 1-to-1 obviously, and there would need to be a cap to prevent abuse / "too much kuva". However, I think it's a viable option, I mean - it's in their name after all and a few hundred (100, 200, 300) for defeating a lich per failed word is.. paltry in comparison to siphons let alone kuva farming. I think liches have the potential to be another way of farming kuva for a chance of scenery among other things.

What is the background of turning those materials into kuva though? If done poorly, it will be a retcon or whatever those maniacs will scream on the smallest flaw.

Then, if we put a cap in it, people would find out sooner or later and scream because DE put a limit on their exploitable kuva well and should be removed.

Also, I'm still mulling about the kuva on stab since you get more kuva on higher lich level and you get it if it's right or wrong, and this might be abused where you level the lich to level 4, stab the lich twice on every mission and rush to extraction for super quick kuva drops when you make the lich appear on every mission

On 2020-03-18 at 12:59 PM, 844448 said:

Also, I'm still mulling about the kuva on stab since you get more kuva on higher lich level and you get it if it's right or wrong, and this might be abused where you level the lich to level 4, stab the lich twice on every mission and rush to extraction for super quick kuva drops when you make the lich appear on every mission

Possible solution found : kuva drop from correct requiem is only once per level so no stabbing the lich at level 4 two times and bail out to get kuva on every mission

8 hours ago, Ikyr0 said:

I support any change that makes this cakewalk harder. I do find a lot of lich abilities impactful, but the AI isn't aggressive enough.

They should make the lich able to spam abilities like we do and use it to make a synergy to an extent. For example, impact based lich can use leash (rip line) and use lich stomp once you're pulled into the ability range like the old ambulas where it uses fire blast once you're pulled to it, dragging you on the ground only to get blasted away right after. Surely will need a big cup for all the tears

On 2020-02-12 at 12:11 AM, 844448 said:

Seeing the lich not being much of the "nemesis" (I haven't played the game they took inspiration from), I think it's time DE to up the lich gameplay?

1. Whenever you finish a mission in a planet under the lich influence, they will appear to take their idiot tax/tithe personally. Whenever this happens, the extraction will be disabled and only appear whenever you downed the lich to make them leave, stab them or die

1.2 If you extract, the lich will mock you for being a coward or scaredy cat while boasting their might making you run away from fear

1.3 Considering they appear on every mission, anger meter now affects the aggressiveness of the lich where they use abilities more often and try chase and grab you harder

2. Dying to the lich means they're taking all your "lunch money" like a bully, means all things you collected in that mission is stolen

4. Whenever you're being revived, they will mock you for being weaker than them and acting tough just because you are in a team

5. If the teammates don't revive you, they will give a one liner about "getting better teammates"

6. If you choose to use self revive, they will leave while calling you as a scaredy cat/coward for retreating or taking the shortcut instead of fighting to the last drop of your blood

For missions themselves

1. Whenever you do normal missions, you will see some thralls acting as the watchmen of the place where killing them means avoiding the lich to appear from the call

2. If the normal missions are not grineer in nature, you will see grineer invasions with some thralls between them as the attempt to take over the sector for the lich

Anger meter

1. Anger meter affects how often they use abilities since they will appear on every mission, where furious lich will almost always spam abilities like tenno spamming abilites (refer to point 1.3)

2. Anger meter affects how often they send thrall squads to disturb you, with full bar means almost guaranteed to have a squad intruding your mission every now and then

Ability use

- They can combine ability to make a synergy (casting cursed ground and switch teleport you to make you land on them for maximum damage received)

More will be added

What do you guys think?

Addition

1. Vain lich

- they will spend your stolen items for many "beautiful things", starting from their own statue to immortalize their beauty, to numerous useless "beautiful things"

*they're lich exclusive items so you may get things like sugatras that isn't seen anywhere, or maybe some weird orbiter decoration like rubedo stool? Be quick though, they will eventually spend all of the resources and when you vanquish the lich, you will get lots of lich exclusive things and they're "beautiful things" that you may see as hideous instead of your stolen things so you don't want to spend too much time with this lich if you happen to need lots of materials

2. Pyromaniac lich

3. Bloodhound lich

The short answer is yes. They need more “old school manic” to them.

Why did DE remove these awesome baddies who could pounce and gut you with a finisher?

Kuva Lich-manics.  We’d run in terror or fight with our heart rate up.  And I’d love it.

I can take a duration invisi-loki and Facetank Liches while eating a Sandwich and watching Golden Girls atm 😆.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

Why did DE remove these awesome baddies who could pounce and gut you with a finisher?

Because people cried it's "broken, not fun and unfair" if we have an enemy that punishes AFK play style

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 2020-04-30 at 12:39 PM, MonsterOfMyOwn said:

Humm liches with teleport and switch are already a chore to fight, they would need another ability set up if they had to be more aggressive, or some longer cooldown.

With their current ability set up, they can be a massive headache by making them able to chain their ability use

Impact : leash (rip line) + lich stomp (rhino stomp) before raining you with hits from their weapons

Electricity : molecular annihilation (molecular prime), throw arc mines to surround you while using lightning bolt (Captain Vor's beam attack) so if you run away, you get zapped or face the lich and get hit from the beam, all while having their damage doubled from lich molecular prime

Magnetic : pull + crush, magnetize if you're far away

Radiation : use decoy, switch teleport with the decoy when the decoy is on critical health and grab you or use disarm

Just some examples from their ability chaining I can think so far, worse with their last random ability down the line

• 4 weeks later...
Spoiler
On 2020-02-11 at 9:11 PM, 844448 said:

1.2 If you extract, the lich will mock you for being a coward or scaredy cat while boasting their might making you run away from fear

1.3 Considering they appear on every mission, anger meter now affects the aggressiveness of the lich where they use abilities more often and try chase and grab you harder

For missions themselves

Anger meter

1. Anger meter affects how often they use abilities since they will appear on every mission, where furious lich will almost always spam abilities like tenno spamming abilites (refer to point 1.3)

2. Anger meter affects how often they send thrall squads to disturb you, with full bar means almost guaranteed to have a squad intruding your mission every now and then

Ability use

- They can combine ability to make a synergy (casting cursed ground and switch teleport you to make you land on them for maximum damage received)

More will be added

What do you guys think?

Addition

1. Vain lich

2. Pyromaniac lich

3. Bloodhound lich

For you slowpokes or ignorant to the lich

1. Veiled riven mod that is stolen by the lich would be destroyed into riven sliver in three (3) days, means if you don't try to vanquish the lich, kiss your riven goodbye and if you leave the lich longer, see your riven mod become a purple crystal sugatra or necklace for your operator to wear

2. Ayatan sculptures would be melted into auron, and later turned to gold cosmetics

Spawning

3 choices

1. Choice similar to the screen when you choose to vanquish or convert

2. Lich appears with the weapon they will use with kuva mist that increases ephemera chance from 20% to 25%. Removes mercy option so it's really a nemesis born from your kill, not your choice

3 No changes

Good stuff OP there is plenty of good ideas in this to pull from.

Now then I have to address something...

On 2020-02-12 at 4:47 AM, -AiLuoLi- said:

7) Warframe will be destroyed after dying without revive. You have to farm another one.

evil he-man GIF

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived