(PS4)Hopper_Orouk

Why can't the second and third requirem take as little time as the first one

As title implies 

The first requirem mumur farm takes about 2 missions of murmur farming 

The problem is with the second and third one 

It takes like 2 life times to fill them

Each thrall killed fills the requirem bar by a very small amount, it's physically impossible to see 

It's ok that i have to work for my reward, better than endless grind for an Rng reward 

But this is too much

With the right tactics you could fill all within less than 3 hours and about 2-3 Planets of lich missions (i would guess some ppl are even faster)

Ofc a reduction is always welcome...but i would also be fine with adding the murmur farm to normal missions (thralls spawn random into a mission) so we could farm that stuff while doing our daily wf stuff

I think the murmur farm is right, even for the third, but what I'd love to see is more frequent spawn rate for Liches. Sometimes you can go through 80% of the planet and this mofo doesn't show. More frequent spawns = faster Murmur grind (as failing an attempt gives the equivalent of 10x murmurs, and you have more chances to get a correct guess).

• Like 2

You should post this in Feedback. 

• Like 3

I don't mind how long it takes. I don't even mind how we do it. What I do mind is that how we do it is all we do.

Murmur farming is just running the same missions, going after the shiny blue guys, over and over and over and over again... there really needs to be more ways so the time spent hunting a lich can be less soul-corroding.

Why does it take longer for the second and third one? Because then everyone would have it done way too quick and then cry there is nothing to do.

31 minutes ago, (XB1)Shodian said:

Why does it take longer for the second and third one? Because then everyone would have it done way too quick and then cry there is nothing to do.

To be honest, most of us would rather have something fun to do rather than busy work. Nightwave is busy work (doing what we've done already for a different reward (credits) to get the same rewards), and Kuva Lich is just The Wolf with a different skin. If they had scaling rewards on KL controlled planets, then it would be a different story. Would give me a reason to farm resources on these planets (and a real reason for lichs to steal resources, since they don't do anything with resources currently). 

18 minutes ago, Tinklzs said:

To be honest, most of us would rather have something fun to do rather than busy work. Nightwave is busy work (doing what we've done already for a different reward (credits) to get the same rewards), and Kuva Lich is just The Wolf with a different skin. If they had scaling rewards on KL controlled planets, then it would be a different story. Would give me a reason to farm resources on these planets (and a real reason for lichs to steal resources, since they don't do anything with resources currently). 

Agreed. What we need is slightly faster murmur progress coupled with needing to hunt the lich down by forcing them to flee from different planets. Then when we have them back into a corner we can enter their stronghold, capitol ship, base or whatever DE wants to add to confront and kill/convert them. We could also be given the option to enter a sabotage mission where we infiltrate the base when the lich isn't there and destroy their kuva supply to reset them.

This would allow players the option to leave the lich in control of certain planets so that they get specific rewards when they finally kill them as they have been collecting specific materials and supplies. So with a little strategy you can use you lich to help you farm resources. The reward would increase based on level, and since the only way to kill/convert them is by going to their base you have full control over when you take them down.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

Agreed. What we need is slightly faster murmur progress coupled with needing to hunt the lich down by forcing them to flee from different planets. Then when we have them back into a corner we can enter their stronghold, capitol ship, base or whatever DE wants to add to confront and kill/convert them. We could also be given the option to enter a sabotage mission where we infiltrate the base when the lich isn't there and destroy their kuva supply to reset them.

This would allow players the option to leave the lich in control of certain planets so that they get specific rewards when they finally kill them as they have been collecting specific materials and supplies. So with a little strategy you can use you lich to help you farm resources. The reward would increase based on level, and since the only way to kill/convert them is by going to their base you have full control over when you take them down.

And DE can give the player multiple ways of killing them.

Complete a special mission (infiltrate stronghold, silent or not so silent) on the ground (normal missions) that makes the lich go into space. We intercept with our railjack, fight their fleet and kill them.

Complete a series of missions to force the lich into a corner so they go into their stronghold, where we can kill them at our discretion, they stay there for up to 12 real life hours or until we've completed 5 missions, whichever comes first, then it 'resets'. Since they're scared for their life and all.

Then Railjack/Lich could be tied into Invasions.  You get a special alert from darvo, nora, ordis (any syndicate for that matter for additional rep and depth here) that warns you your beloved lich is starting a fight, you can choose to fight against your lich (loud, not so silent) and try for murmur/trigger words, or fight WITH your lich (sneaky, not so loud) to make them stronger/give them an advantage. Perhaps increasing the bonus weapon damage/chunk of resources (useful, resources DE) and/or a cosmetic (besides ephermera).   Gives reasons to do invasions again, since fortuna bounties give them more plentifully and are faster. 

Probably to encourage attempts.

With two requiems known, there's only six possibilities for the last one.  Not only does stabbing the Lich give a bundle of progress, it also either succeeds (in which case, you're basically done, might need one more attempt if it was the first one that was unknown and the order of the second and third turn out to be wrong) or fails (which removes that possibility, making subsequent attempts more likely to be the correct one).

By doing this, it's (relatively) quick to get the first second ones, but much longer for the third.  This means that one can quickly start making informed Requiem guesses sooner and it's more likely to find the correct sequence before actually revealing the final Requiem. 

36 minutes ago, Vox_Preliator said:

By doing this, it's (relatively) quick to get the first second ones, but much longer for the third.  This means that one can quickly start making informed Requiem guesses sooner and it's more likely to find the correct sequence before actually revealing the final Requiem. 

Would be nice if they had phrases or something to determine what their third word is. 

My most recent lich I got exceptionally lucky, 2 tries and that was it. #1 was correct, moved #2 to 3 and put a third in for #2 and that was it.   Felt nice, satisfying, even though I didn't do anything for it. Wish we had ways of finding the murmurs out sooner, since we have to go out of our way to find lich stuff anyways. Which is why I think sabotage/spy should give more murmurs by doing each vault you get +10-15 murmurs (only one spy mission allowed per lich). That would be nice.

21 hours ago, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

20 hours ago, Tinklzs said:

And DE can give the player multiple ways of killing them.

Complete a special mission (infiltrate stronghold, silent or not so silent) on the ground (normal missions) that makes the lich go into space. We intercept with our railjack, fight their fleet and kill them.

Complete a series of missions to force the lich into a corner so they go into their stronghold, where we can kill them at our discretion, they stay there for up to 12 real life hours or until we've completed 5 missions, whichever comes first, then it 'resets'. Since they're scared for their life and all.

Then Railjack/Lich could be tied into Invasions.  You get a special alert from darvo, nora, ordis (any syndicate for that matter for additional rep and depth here) that warns you your beloved lich is starting a fight, you can choose to fight against your lich (loud, not so silent) and try for murmur/trigger words, or fight WITH your lich (sneaky, not so loud) to make them stronger/give them an advantage. Perhaps increasing the bonus weapon damage/chunk of resources (useful, resources DE) and/or a cosmetic (besides ephermera).   Gives reasons to do invasions again, since fortuna bounties give them more plentifully and are faster. 

I like both of these ideas a lot.  

18 hours ago, Tinklzs said:

Which is why I think sabotage/spy should give more murmurs by doing each vault you get +10-15 murmurs (only one spy mission allowed per lich). That would be nice.

Not only nice but would make sense as well.  Something like completing a spy mission in a Lich controlled area without being detected would give bonus murmurs.  As you have just hacked there system before they have a chance to know or remove the murmur data.  

The second requiem needs just as much murmurs as the first, only the third needs more.

Edited by Pr1A

On 2020-02-12 at 12:32 PM, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

But this is too much

it does take a while for that third one, a slight reduction in the amount required would be nice. would be nice if tougher thralls like Bombards and Noxes gave a few murmurs, since they are harder to take down.