Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Experience Gain

papadelta23

Question

Do you get the same kind of experience and rewards on solo and multiplayer?

Is it better just to burn through the level to get to the end? I notice a lot of people that are obviously better leveled than me burning through the mercury/venus levels to the end then complaining in chat for me to "hurry up"! It is especially annoying when I hit the level for the first time.

8 answers to this question

I'm sorry you've gotten teamed with rushers from the start.

The affinity system works like this

Killing an enemy with a warframe yields 100% exp to your warframe(Abilities)

Killing an enemy with your weapon yields 50% to the weapon and 50% to your warframe

If your ally kills something and you are in range you will get 100% of the experience split up into 4. Meaning 25% goes to your warframe, primary, secondary, Melee.

well in terms of enemy count, more would spawn if you have a full party. 

(more enemies more exp)

this doesn't work on exterminate missions.

can be noticed alot in mobile defense.

so if your trying to lvvl up, go to mobile defense maps (kappa in sedna, kiste in ceres, cyath in eris) well knowned mission maps.

I've been wondering about this as well. I don't play coop generally and had thought that the experience system is greatly in favor of coop players. I know this is supposed to be a game geared toward coop gaming, but I feel the experience system really hinders solo players from wanting to try new weapons. I have around 100 hours in, 3 warframes have been at lvl 30 for quite some time and I am about to get my 4th to 30, but i only have 2 primary weapons at 30, and 0 others. I tried leveling my rhino frame with a new set of weapons, but the weapons level up way to slowly to where the frame greatly surpasses them in level, making it extremely difficult to take those weapons into more difficult areas. 

Then I see the Prime Time livestream and Megan's new sword goes up something like 6 levels in one coop mission. I'm lucky if one weapon goes up a quarter of a level in one mission, even when I try to use that weapon exclusively. I realize the game is about grinding out levels, but I think this particular leveling system deters players (at least solo players--or just me) from wanting to try new weapons, knowing how long it will be before those new weapons are actually useful.

And then if you add a Dethcube to the mix, where are your experience points going? I think my Dethcube is around level 15 and its weapon is like 25. Not sure how this works.

how do I kill an enemy with my warframe? I have the sword and guns and that's it.

By using abilities that damage enemies (Excal's Slash Dash, for example).

Actually, just using any warframe ability gives you xp, whether it does a damage effect or not.  Every time you cast Decoy for example, you'll get some xp.  I'm not positive, but I think it is more noticeable on the damaging abilities because those will also grant xp for the enemies killed.

Actually, just using any warframe ability gives you xp, whether it does a damage effect or not.  Every time you cast Decoy for example, you'll get some xp.  I'm not positive, but I think it is more noticeable on the damaging abilities because those will also grant xp for the enemies killed.

You're right. That's why it's common to see players spamming moves at the extraction area before leaving.