Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nova Deluxe Skin Disappointment

(PSN)Vexx757

Yeah, I'm not feeling it either. To be fair, I wasn't feeling the concept either, so to me this is more of a lateral change. It just.... looks like a reskin, frankly. Even though it's not. The whole point of deluxe skins is that they're very different from the default appearance, and this one is way too similar.

Thankfully Nova already does have an excellent deluxe skin, so I'm not too bothered.

• Like 3

concepts: 

an abstract idea; a general notion.

an idea or invention to help sell or publicize a commodity.

a plan or intention; a conception.

In short, you should have expected change, the concept was made to hype you up to the fact shes getting a second deluxe to help sell the product. Not to mention concepts are expected to change, from minor to drastic changes. If you genuinely arent used to concept art not being exactly like the image then welcome to the real world. Not to mention some concepts probably dont make it 100% due to situations they cant handle, or the outcome being awful and them fixing it into something smoother.

Im more upset that, although I love nova and her new deluxe incoming, why hasnt other frames gotten their first when shes getting her second? Hydroid isnt even used by me and I feel for the poor guy.

Also those saying nova needs a rework? Shes literally perfect, dont touch her. If you cant use her one, two, three, or god forbid fourth ability, just dont use nova or watch a how to video. There are literal frames that NEED reworks, dont categorize GOOD frames with GOOD ability sets in there please.

I'm sorry but this skin is one of the worst deluxe Skin so far. There's nothing about it that screams "Deluxe", its just looks like another Tennogen and I think this is because its way too on model, at least chicken ember looks like they tried to make something different.

Also I think we're never getting Bird Deluxe

• Like 1

Unfortunately they are stupid ppl in here that don`t understand what I`m saying so I`ll say it again. Nova`s deluxe skin Imo IS NOT BAD it`s ok at best but compared to the concept, it`s lack lustre. Ppl keep saying "its a concept" I get it but why show the bloody concept in the first place just to change it? why not just show it when its in the game? don't get us exited. If DE kept on changing the concept you would be right but judging by the past times they have show us concepts (Ash, Banshee, Loki, etc) it has always looked exactly the same as the concept. 

Plus it doesn't look like a deluxe it looks like a tenogen skin literally the body proportion is the same but the pattern is different compared to Ash`s koga skin which the body proportion and pattern is different. Saying they could not put the special affects on it is not a excuse to completely change the concept entirely. If they give use the same concept but with no effects I would still be happy.  As for the ember deluxe change, I know about that but that was was once (twice now) over the other 10+ deluxe skins.

Also I notices that only one person talked about nova's deluxe which was DK, the only one with some bloody sense to notice and talk about it.

Edited by (PS4)Vexx757
  • Like 1

On 2020-02-12 at 11:14 PM, SpicyDinosaur said:

It's weird how some people feel confident in singling others out, I barely register who makes a post, much less have the intention of naysaying that specific poster

Well when you’ve been on the forums as long as I have, you see the same people posting and they all have their same trends.

Vexx makes terrible rework ideas and then spans other people’s rework threads with his ideas.

Neko Otaku always makes the devstream overviews.

Hopper makes like 10 posts a week about Gauss.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I totally agree with the autor. This Skin is not fitting the theme "Deluxe" in the slightest. Well at least thats my opinion. The concept looked so godamn promising but this? What is this even. Its not even the same Skin anymore. I get that this was a concept yes. But most of the Skins they were showing as concepts were nearly 1:1 ingame with little changes here and there. And to the people who might say the original was to complex or whatever. Well ever looked at Nidus, Atlas, Nezha etc. They are so detailed that i think that this is no longer a point for most designs. Sorry to sound a bit salty but this really grinds my gears as a Nova-Fan.

• Like 1

On 2020-02-12 at 8:16 AM, (PS4)Vexx757 said:

I`m so disappointed in Nova`s deluxe skin, it`s not even the same concept they showed at tennocon. Don`t get me wrong it`s better than her 1st deluxe but I prefer the other concept so much more, even though I think she needs a revisit due to the fact that her 1st and 3rd could be improved, (imo) that deluxe would have made me use Nova more.

1st better concept design

Reveal hidden contents

9s8xk7m8kp831.jpg

Now not a big deal design

Hide contents

qx52ujdrj9e41.jpg

What`s the bloody point of showing a concept, get ppl hyped then say frig it I’m going to change the skin, I don`t care what ppl think coz they are going to play our game no matter what we do. To me it looks more of a tenogen skin than a deluxe and the worst thing is no one else is saying anything about it.

I saw a post of someone saying “Oh my Nova, take my money DE” I don`t know about that person but speaking for myself I’m not buying that deluxe skin, such a disappointment.

Also you get rid of the crate at extraction on ceares which no one had an issue with but you can`t do a simple thing as make limbo`s abilities be visible with chosen energy colour which ppl have been ask for from time ago? make that make some bloody sense.

To your point, it does have a very toned-down Tennogen “Mithra” Vibe that was not present with the concept.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

I Dont Know Her Mariah Carey GIF by moodman

I think if they designed the blue ones to be glowy, like the helmet.  It'd look more cool, idk. I like everything glowy 🌟 

Maybe take inspiration from this,

"Nova uses electromagnetic energy to contain and control highly volatile antimatter that fuels her abilities."

Edited by (XB1)styyxo

What I'm most pleased with on the new Nova Deluxe is that they shifted the body type, not sticking to the leg-warmers so much and making more mechanical aspects to her.

What I'm disappointed with on the new Nova Deluxe is that they reduced the 'transparent' areas that are supposed to be filled with energy to just the back of the head, the elbows, and the fingers.

Expectation: Wait until we get the energy colours and emmissive aspects hooked up, because nobody realised how good the Ivara one would look until those happened either.

What you, OP, have not considered is that this is neither the worst, nor even the most disappointing result for a Deluxe Skin that's been previewed.

I'm a Zephyr player, and guess what? Her Deluxe Skin was concepted over 5 years ago. It got updated 4 and a half years ago. It went silent until last year, where we saw a 3D render of the concept, not an in-game model, not a finished product, just a render in 3D. It hadn't changed. It was still a 2015 skin. None of the quality of the newer skins showed on this preview. Aspects from the original concept, such as the bars on the helmet face, were used in later Deluxe Skins, like Mesa's Presidio skin. It has been sitting, wasting time, for all that time, with people picking bits off it to use as the other things. Even the emmissive wings that were previewed on the concept HAVE BEEN USED ON TITANIA PRIME'S RAZORWING MODE.

A few months ago they announced that this Deluxe Skin is now officially scrapped. Something new is being worked on by the entire team, instead of letting one person take it as a 'passion project'.

We are now back to having no concept of a Zephyr Deluxe skin after 5 years of aniticipation.

6 minutes ago, (XB1)styyxo said:

Maybe take inspiration from this,

"Nova uses electromagnetic energy to contain and control highly volatile antimatter that fuels her abilities"

Because that's exactly what they did when they made her first deluxe. Oh... wait... 😉

I'm happy with the new deluxe. All the "holes" in her concept probably didn't translate well into a 3D model considering all the morphing and stretching a model must be able to take without looking obviously distorted. I'm also glad they kept her sleek looking and refrained from gluing cloth for the sake of cloth all over her. She looks much sportier with this deluxe!

Her current deluxe has nothing to do with her theme and I have zero love for it what so ever.

• Like 1

On 2020-02-12 at 6:03 PM, Cubewano said:

Bad skins happen, look at Ember, just gotta deal with it.

Yeah, like I deal with Ember - not playing her at all because every single skin looks horrible, not even Tennogen can salvage her terrible base model.