Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does Guided Ordnance mod work on Flux?

Im_a_Turtle

As far i know is that laser weapons are rarely effected by accuracy, since it is a straight line and it would be odd to program to let it go all over the place, so you not even need Guided Ordnance at all. So kinda one of those mods not affecting it at all, even fi some mods show the opposite.

32 minutes ago, Marine027 said:

As far i know is that laser weapons are rarely effected by accuracy, since it is a straight line and it would be odd to program to let it go all over the place, so you not even need Guided Ordnance at all. So kinda one of those mods not affecting it at all, even fi some mods show the opposite.

Not true really. Beam weapons are affected by accuracy, and will begin to jitter about the crosshair. You can see this behavior with the Flux Rifle.

3 hours ago, Marine027 said:

It seems to be the same with Spectra and other laser weapons, the laser fidgets all around the lower the accuracy. The question is why don't laser weapons just have the laser beams' width widen with inaccuracy like how it does with the Opticor.

vor 40 Minuten schrieb Im_a_Turtle:

It seems to be the same with Spectra and other laser weapons, the laser fidgets all around the lower the accuracy. The question is why don't laser weapons just have the laser beams' width widen with inaccuracy like how it does with the Opticor.

Well, main difference, Opticor is still a charged projectile in a way from its mechanic, other lasers are mainteed per pulse and not a bullet on each shot like a machine gun, i guess its simply a coding mechanic to handle, spreading it would make it a flametrower in some way i assume.

vor 4 Stunden schrieb Aadi880:

Not true really. Beam weapons are affected by accuracy, and will begin to jitter about the crosshair. You can see this behavior with the Flux Rifle.

Yeah, but not as much as lets say a Ogris rocket, its still very limited in a certain range to hit, you won't suddenly shoot the floor if you aim straight with such laser weapons.