Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Immune to corrosive kuva liches.

Marmelade

Just had fun 1 v 1 with immune to corrosive kuva lich lasting for 19 min.

Since it wasn't my first encounter with here since i got 3 words unveiled i came prepared.

She was immune to corrosive weak to impact and explosive.So i went out bought Magistar riven fully leveled formaed Sancti Magistar , spent 50k kuva rolling riven, went full impact and a bit of explosive and added shattering impact.

I've draped myself as Sauron , took trusty hammer in my hands and started mars sabotage i was dreadful i swinged to the left and to the right killing her thralls in single swings until she came the dreadful , unyielding Pabiri Gashori.

Then the horror began i swinged my trusty hammer and she stopped it with her bare hands smiling into my Valkyr Prime face and then kicking me across half the tile, i kept shoting her with Kuva Hind but i dealt pitiful 10 - 20 damage to lvl 5 Lich i attempted to fight her with Sancti Magistar fully modded to her weaknesses but it dealt no more damage than Hind i attempted to melt her with Kuva nukor and i almost succeeded coz she almost choked from laughter,  then she beat me hard , first she broke my spine , then she broke my legs , then hands , after all revives were gone i was hiding behind boxes sending spectres against her.Then when i understood that there is no road to me left ( coz she initiated doors lock down) i had to resort to my trusty wisp spectre teleporting into her take downs shielding me from them and spending energy pads to keep Valkyr 4 up and so after whole 19 minutes i've was victorious due to Valkyr talons being the only thing that dealt 40 damage instead of 20.

TLDR.
Shattering impact does not work on Liches.

Due to insane armor values nothing deals reasonable damage to them.

If you want to keep immune to Corrosive Liches a thing

Make shattering impact work on them.

Edited by Marmelade

I had one before. I just loaded my preferred rifle/bow of the day up with their weakness and kept shooting. Took longer, maybe a min or two per health bar rather than a few seconds, and was annoying, but possible. 

I don't disagree that shattering impact should work though. That's inconsistent.

So fully moded rivend 3 weapons with one being totally outfitted to weakness isn't good weapons ?

Even umbral valkyr 4 dealt almost no damage

Edit: Nor rivened ayanga with damage to grineer nor rivened larkspur

Edited by Marmelade

Yep.

Magistar ain't expensive why magistar ? well to top lich being immune to corrosive resistant to rad and puncture it was also rad\viral lich so immunity from status from Sancti Magistar was pleasurable and it also had his weakness damage type.

Edited by Marmelade

Unfortunately the Liches are immune to both status and all forms of armor strip. Basically they're just big sacks of hp that you can only really shoot harder. They have Ferrite armor, so use a Corrosive gun with super huge alpha damage to ignore 75% of the armor and receive a 75% damage bonus on top of that. Even if the Lich is resistant to Corrosive damage, the amount of damage you gain from Corrosive seems to be worth it. Don't worry about status chance and just stack the hell out of base damage, multishot, crits, corrosive, and whatever other damage type the Lich is weak to.

Edited by Gailus

On 2020-02-12 at 11:36 AM, Marmelade said:

Even umbral valkyr 4 dealt almost no damage

Then you're doing it wrong, because in the empty and dead sea of corpses of the land of Exaltia, where the husks of any male frame plus titania litter the carrion dunes, the dual queens of Scratchy-Pants and Make the Cowboy song noise and Press 4 to Win, Why Ever Play the Game stand far and alone.

Also lol at refusing to swap out mods on an exalted weapon. Did you know mods are changeable on demand and but mah forma is not an excuse? True Story. Now on Neflix.

On 2020-02-12 at 11:36 AM, Marmelade said:

nor rivened larkspur

Yep. Definitely doing it wrong, even on a Rhino Lich.

On 2020-02-12 at 11:00 AM, Marmelade said:

Make shattering impact work on them.

It does work on them. Except you did a damage build instead of a hits per second build, and then switching weapons.

As in many instances throughout history time and space the problem is between the monitor and chair.

Protip: Bring a red crit weapon, even immune enemies will take slight damage.

Edited by -Kittens-
  • Like 1

59 минут назад, -Kittens- сказал:

Then you're doing it wrong, because in the dead empty and dead sea of corpses the land of Exaltia where the husks of any male frame plus titania litter the carrion dunes, the dual queens of Scratchy-Pants and Press 4 to Win, Why Ever Play the Game stand far and alone

Also lol at refusing to swap out mods on an exalted weapon. Did you know mods are changeable on demand and but mah forma is not an excuse? True Story. Now on Neflix.

Yep. Definitely doing it wrong, even on a Rhino Lich.

It does work on them. Except you did a damage build instead of a hits per second build, and then switching weapons.

As in many instances throughout history time and space the problem is between the monitor and chair.

Protip: Bring a red crit weapon, even immune enemies will take slight damage.

i used precisely red crit orange crit weapons 😐
Every single weapon i used melts lvl 170 and yeah i precisely noted that i specificly moded red crit magistar into only weakness elements for lich , hooray somehow i know that i can switch and change mods and i even bought out formaed and moded a weapon specifically tailored to weaknesses lich had and it DEALT TEN DAMAGE PER HIT .

Edited by Marmelade

6 hours ago, GrayArchon said:

Is that so? Shattering Impact works on most status-immune enemies, like Eidolons.

Does Corrosive Projection work?

The only thing that actually works on liches are slowing effects, which is some extremely limited options since you want both DURABILITY and slow debuff, since if the lich is alert, i would not be amazed if they spam out AoE abilities to YEET you from invisbility.

The 3 likely only possible ways to slow them is Zenurik`s slow void blast, but due to reduced effectiveness on debuffs like any special enemy type gets. This will not last long enough.

Nova is another likely candidate but again, durability is important and Nova does not have the most reliable method to reduce damage taken to her.

Literally this leaves using Rhino as the only frame who can screw the need of adaptation and cheese out 15k+ or more ferrite armor, have a roar to add 100% or more damage to your abilities and can use a stomp to slow the lich long enough so it CANT grapple you during that time (and even if it did, the ferrite armor from iron skin can save you for a good while), Which allows you to run a heavy damage crit+weak-element build against the kuva lich, normally using Blood rush, Organ Shatter, Berserker & Sacrifical Steel for this level of memes...

...Which your then going to be cycling between slowing the lich, spamming melee, backing off when it loses the slow, apply the slow again and rinse and repeat for every round of lich shanking attempt till its dead. You can likely get it a lich bar down in one rotation for lower lvl liches, but expect to not get such a freedom with rank 4-5 liches.

This is quite literally the most efficient way i have found to downing a lich, without relying on playing some hyper stealth F-wad solo`ist since you do not want the lich throwing out any of its AoE nukes or debuffs to one-shot you while you are in stealth. Aka D.E. needs to redesign this b.s. of status immune bosses and simply have just how some bosses get shorten duration for slow effects, to simply get reduced effectiveness for things like corrosive, such as taking 3 to 5 times longer to strip thar armor if one were to take that route. With trying to use some full strip method in one shot would also have drastically reduced impact and would require multiple castings to go thru the entire thing.

But honestly, this is just a proper example of armor being too fking op.

3 hours ago, Marmelade said:

i used precisely red crit orange crit weapons 😐
Every single weapon i used melts lvl 170 and yeah i precisely noted that i specificly moded red crit magistar into only weakness elements for lich , hooray somehow i know that i can switch and change mods and i even bought out formaed and moded a weapon specifically tailored to weaknesses lich had and it DEALT TEN DAMAGE PER HIT .

Its honestly a mix of as Mr. Warframeguy puts it in his kuva lich fighting video: Fighting Dirty. because you have to run a ridiculously fast hitting weapon with the elements its weak too (refer to ferrite armor damage bonuses if its immune to the +75%~ or so corr dmg bonus) and be ready to go ape SHEET with a rotation pattern like your fighting it as a Legend of Zelda boss or action RPG boss fight in general or just plain think of it as a dark souls boss fight.

Level 170 enemies can at the very least have armor values stripped progressively with corr procs or even viral procs will instantly cut the Time to kill in half. With even heat being a fine way to do the same. It just does not help that Liches not only use high level but also have EXTREMELY high base armor that i am sure are in the 2k+ range if you were to see the level 1 base ferrite armor.

Never the less, this is a reason why i now just use the jackie-chan approach and go into a cycle of beating the fk outta the lich with repeated strikes while putting them in only way you can stall them from pulling off a hyper armor b.s. counter that some games pull to prevent you just aggressively mauling them(You can use DBZ: Kakarot as a fine example of recent games to pull this).

Sadly, just like with kuva farming, there is very little lee-way to handle the lich efficiently until D.E. earns to be smarter to allow more approaches to handle them, Because i rather bosses that make us be creative on how to take them down, then just b.s. mobs with the ability to one shot most anything and have absurd durability. Where honestly i feel the Kingdom hearts 3 RE-Mind DLC limit-cut bosses are alot more fking fair despite the ridiculous the aggressive attack pattern they pull and its only short windows you can finally start comboing on them to rip thar health apart. 

Edited by Avienas

They're status immune, so slash isn't doing its normal slash thing, it's just a slightly disadvantaged damage type.

7 hours ago, tarfeef101 said:

I don't disagree that shattering impact should work though. That's inconsistent.

Shattering Impact is already a weird loophole though. Like, it's entirely mandatory for Plague Star for how ridiculously fast it can make things. In a sense, if enemies are going to be immune to armor strip, I'd almost prefer the current way of doing it, if not for the fact that....

6 hours ago, Gailus said:

They have Ferrite armor, so use a Corrosive gun with super huge alpha damage to ignore 75% of the armor and receive a 75% damage bonus on top of that.

... armor's interaction with corrosive damage is pure cheese anyway, and makes the vulnerabilities irrelevant unless they're outright immune to corrosive.

My last lich was immune to corrosive, and once he hit level 5, I got nowhere with Nova even when building for his viral and magnetic weaknesses. Ultimately I just used Mesa with a viral Regulator build, which was entirely fine, but probably the only thing I could have done in a reasonable amount of time.

Edited by CopperBezel

1 hour ago, -Kittens- said:

You'll find red crit slash weapons work on any and every combination of resistances, especially heavy attacks.

Thats just the raw damage meme at its finest and not everyone can reliably get something like a God-roll riven mod to CHAD thar weapon to absurd levels. Its still kind of ridiculous due to how once again, most warframe are entirely useless on the turd due to status immunity, ridiculous damage and absurd durability.

Edited by Avienas

25 minutes ago, Avienas said:

Thats just the raw damage meme at its finest and not everyone can reliably get something like a God-roll riven mod to CHAD thar weapon to absurd levels. Its still kind of ridiculous due to how once again, most warframe are entirely useless on the turd due to status immunity, ridiculous damage and absurd durability.

It's cool that you want to beat a dead horse of a topic covered far better, more eloquently and with better cleavage in much more contextually appropriate topics but red crit heavy weapons are available at mr5 without a riven and the OP needs a solution, not empty rhetoric and red crit heavy attacks are the universal answer regardless of any other issues at hand, nevermind there are at least five frames more than capable of removing DR protection literally on demand.

Edited by -Kittens-
  • Like 1

Puncture would be more applicable than slash if the option is available. The red-crit heavy aspect aside, I haven't played with that. (It'd apply equally to any damage type.) Ideally, red-crit heavy on a puncture weapon with an elemental build the lich is vulnerable to.

Edited by CopperBezel

Yeah, Liches are immune to almost anything that's not raw- or crit-damage. 

I learned it the hard way on one immune or resistant to almost any Grineer focused damage type and "weak" to magnetic. 

That's why I only go with my trusty Hildryn and Kronen Prime into "fistfights" with them. 

2 hours ago, -Kittens- said:

nevermind there are at least five frames more than capable of removing DR protection literally on demand.

Yeah, remind me what frames can REMOVE D.R. from liches? Cause i do not recall that being a thing.

Because there are plenty of ways to strip armor off of stuff (if we were to talk about killing the regular enemies to get them out of the way), the most easiest way just to attach corrossive to a gun with a good status chance. That or for the warframe approach, Using Oberon being one of the more relatively easy to acquire frames, With Ash being a nice choice for fewer enemies via the Seeking Shuriken Augment...OR if you want one of the most easy ways to utterly gutter trash both Armor and Shields, Hildryn being the perfect example to just utterly strip armor and shields(plus being one of the few meme frames that makes tankie frames look bad due to her immortality loop she can have with the right setup. With this being before we even talk about using C.P., particular focus tree skills that likely would not be used because freaking ZENURIK exists(aka anyone`s best friend for recovering energy on frames not built for efficient energy usage), unless you do play hildryn, being one of the frames that has zero care for energy and frames that likely would have it easy to acquire/maintain energy usage would likely be coupled with damage buffs to screw the need to care about stripping enemy armor thru operator skills.

But yet again, i believe Marmelade was talking about how the utter fact on why must kuva liches be immune to armor stripping? Sure it basically means unless the lich gets resistance or immunity to Corrosive, you get to keep that elemental damage bonus in place, But we all know how as`ine armor values are, plus honestly a person can use any melee weapon they want, its just i always found that because blood rush & condition overload are the meta-go-to-mods for builds, but since kuva lich cannot have status procs on them, its the best idea to use a weapon that could have good critical damage, good critical chance and can attack fast enough for you to acrue stacks so you can reach that 200+ or so hit count to utterly beat that lich to death and avoid getting grappled as little as possible.

Since unless you run drifting contact, body count or luck on a riven mod with combo count duration, losing that crit bonus to help one stay in the orange to multi-tier red crits can be quite detrimental to taking it down. Which considering how lengthy a lich`s grapple can be, would be rather easy to have happen often. Not to mention you want to be able to survive after being grappled if you do not take the slower approach using guns at a far distance to whittle the lich down.

Either way, D.E. needs to do alot of rebalancing on Kuva liches still, from the murmur grind, preferably remove the whole grind for R.Relics & R.Mods since they are ridiculous in many ways and make Kuva Liches a whole lot more interesting as what was suppose to be a NEMESIS system, instead of a bully system. Since they have yet to also address what is the actual CATCH to them getting to pilfer your resources, since outside of them stealing important stuff like sortie, gift of the lotus rewards, relics you were farming and so on, most of the stuff the kuva lich yoinks, matters little, especially if its just resources. Cripes sakes, it would be nice if we got a bunch of extra loot on top of what we recovered after taking down the lich.

Edited by Avienas

24 minutes ago, Avienas said:

kuva liches be immune to armor stripping?

Pretty simple, and also nice skate around the issue at hand; the OP refuses to accede the simple principle that A liches can't be walked over like most of the content in this game by mashing m1 while moving forward, and Steve and Scott have both indicated this will be the design mantra moving forward especially in  light of armor 3.0 being a thing in the works.

You're just going to have to start playing smarter and relying on collective player knowledge and copypasta wiki simply isn't going to cliff notes you through the star chart anymore. Ding Dong the Lich is Dead.

BTW this theoretical ultra ~immunity lich~ you were speaking of doesn't actually exist, not even for Rhino, never mind if you have access to L100 one shotting gear, you can knock a lich HB pretty quickly, no matter what combination of stuff it has. Period.

Funnily enough a player with this exact complaint dropped in our PUG as well as my "slash immune" lich, and both were laid to waste in seconds via the Venka Prime, and heavy strike hammer or scythe build would had the same exact results: with the lich unable to get out of downed state until the right combo was reached or the lich retreated. 100% status weapons with corrosive and fire do much the same thing, irrespective of what resistances the lich is supposed to have

and once again your wall of complaints has already been dealt with in much more contextually appropriate subject other than guess who doesn't know to use the damage system? As if anyone is paying attention to the fact you can't even kind of tell between the difference between opinion and fact.

But by all means, draw up another giant wall of text when "I don't like liches" would have sufficed literal days ago, and the op's "impossible lich" is rather easy to dispatch via any combo above and Gauss, Equinox, Saryn, Ember, Wukong, Revenant and even good ol Nyx provided you don't expect running forward while mindlessly smashing m1 to just carry you.

11 hours ago, -Kittens- said:

You'll find red crit slash weapons work on any and every combination of resistances, especially heavy attacks.

You can't proc liches. Believe me, I've tried. Crits, on the other hand, always work.

In any case, a more useful approach would be to ignore their resistances (unless it's flat out immunity) and instead look at what the simaris scanner tells you. Liches have shields, ferrite armour and cloned flesh.

This basically means that you want to be using either corrosive (the best option, not valid here due to the immunity), puncture or toxin. In the OP's case, they're "vulnerable" to blast and impact - which is a really bad idea, as ferrite armour resists both of those quite handily. If they're immune to all of the armour options, take something that's good on flesh (viral, heat) and neutral to armour.

So: don't use a magistar, that's impact. Get a high puncture crit weapon and mod it for maximum toxin.

EDIT: after paying closer attention to the simaris readout, it seems as though the weaknesses are listed there as well. They seem to affect all of the health types - mine's weak to corrosive and puncture (a horrible thing for grineer to have) and resistant to blast (which ferrite armour gives them anyway). See here:

Warframe0003.jpg

Note that neither shields nor flesh don't normally say anything about corrosive, yet they show here. It's only a single + on this readout (so, 25%?); don't read too much into the resistance and vulnerability ratings.

Edited by DoomFruit

11 hours ago, Avienas said:

Well, you see, here's the thing:

Liches are supposed to be "endgame" content for vets who want to put in effort (and theoretically a challenge, although it's really just a high-level grind than difficult). So, making the gear requirement high is perfectly reasonable. 

As for what you need, you really don't need an amazing god-roll riven. Yes, I use rivens for basically everything because well, why not. I like to min-max. I find that fun. But, many weapons can function almost as well with and without rivens. There's a reason disposition is a thing. There's plenty of weapons that are still great w/o them. I recommend snipers+bows personally cause that's what I use the most, and most of em are perfect for lich hunting. And I know some of those rivens are just 2 stats, and a drop of some crit reliability or some extra elemental ain't a huge deal.