Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

COMING SOON: Devstream #138 + TennoCon 2020 Save The Date!

[DE]Rebecca

Devstream138_1080p.jpg

Who:  Rebecca is joined by DE’s Sound Team for a deep dive into Sounds of the System. Join George, Jeff, Carl, and David! 

What:  We are starting things off with a Save the Date for TennoCon 2020! Then, learn about the developments of upcoming Warframe content from a Sound point of view! Get sneak peeks and treat your ears to the Sounds of the System! Music, Characters, Ambiance, and More! 

Prizes? We have plenty of Digital Prizes to give out. We even have Physical Prizes this Stream! 

Where: Find us at: twitch.tv/Warframe and mixer.com/playwarframe 

Twitch Drop / Mixer Reward: Tune in to find out what you can snag for watching our Devstream!

When: Join us this Friday, February 14th at 2 p.m Eastern Standard Time! 

Ask your SOUND RELATED questions here – you have until 10 a.m Friday! 

By installing the Youtube app for free on your Nintendo Switch, you can conveniently watch the stream on the Warframe Youtube channel from your portable system!

First of all glad to see the sound team getting a chance to drop in again on stream, their work on the game is some of the best and it's always good fun to get a look into the whole creative process that is this games sound design and I can't wait to hear more insights on that matter, but in that same line of thinking what insights can you offer on the whole creative process you guys go through when it comes to the voice editing for characters in Warframe? Outside some of just the really stellar dialogue this game is always spouting I have to say the voices in this game have always stood out to me as one of the just very distinct sound aspects of this game compared to many others to me, and hearing the difference in some dialogues with and without their effects is just a profound, and like what is the creative process behind that? From selecting the voice actors, to figuring out what effects you want to apply, and all that jazz, that makes so many characters in the game so appealing to hear. (Also if you can tease, are we getting any noteworthy dialogue additions soon? Like Maybe something to broaden the Lich personality field wink wink nudge nudge)

I'd also be remiss to not ask on a sound stream if we'll ever get more operator voice options, the current options aren't terrible or anything but we could do with some better range given how center stage they are to most dialogue focused events aka cinematics. 

Just one question. While it is nice to hold these separate streams focusing on specific parts of the game to acknowledge the team members who are usually faceless to us and for us to learn about the other parts of development that don't get talked about as much do you think now is a good time to hold a sound specific stream when the fanbase is still heavily discussing liches, Nightwave and Railjack that people would certainly appreciate info on more?

Feels like these types of streams should be held as separate events rather than taking up one of the primary and most well known means of communicating with the developers about our concerns.

As a side note, if streams like this were ever done regularly as a separate event, I would totally watch them. I loved going to the panels at Tennocon and watching Steve talk about the game during his old streams.

How did Nox scream happen?

Sound Team got a new studio or whatever if I got that right, what can we expect from that?

Will old warframe sounds be updated? (Assuming they would be better quality if done now?) For example Valkyr.

Can we request more sounds like (I guess) in the FanKit? 

Any special plans for Octavia Prime?

5 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Devstream138_1080p.jpg

Who:  Rebecca is joined by DE’s Sound Team for a deep dive into Sounds of the System. Join George, Jeff, Carl, and David! 

What:  We are starting things off with a Save the Date for TennoCon 2020! Then, learn about the developments of upcoming Warframe content from a Sound point of view! Get sneak peeks and treat your ears to the Sounds of the System! Music, Characters, Ambiance, and More! 

Prizes? We have plenty of Digital Prizes to give out. We even have Physical Prizes this Stream! 

Where: Find us at: twitch.tv/Warframe and mixer.com/playwarframe 

Twitch Drop / Mixer Reward: Tune in to find out what you can snag for watching our Devstream!

When: Join us this Friday, February 14th at 2 p.m Eastern Standard Time! 

Ask your SOUND RELATED questions here – you have until 10 a.m Friday! 

By installing the Youtube app for free on your Nintendo Switch, you can conveniently watch the stream on the Warframe Youtube channel from your portable system!

Any chance that the sound of the Vulkar/Vulkar wraith could be toned down a little bit. Personally i can't use the weapon because it has such an agressive sound when you fire it. A similar issue with the Shedu, but to a lesser extent.

I’m currently taking classes on sound design, does the sound crew have any tips for someone who’s trying to find their place in this amazing and specific field?

Bonus question for them: what’s your favorite sound you’ve worked on?

Archived