Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

COMING SOON: Devstream #138 + TennoCon 2020 Save The Date!

[DE]Rebecca

With the stalker/hunter mode that was played at the end of last year and this week during prime time. Ts there any chance this game mode can be tweaked so the community could play as stalkers? It could be a really good take on the pvp of warframe. Playing as the stalker of course would need balance and, maybe make use of stalker mods kinda like pvp mods? Just a few ideas but there is a lot of potentia for a game mode like this. Rewards could be anywhere from ephemera's to skins!

I apologize that this isn't a sound related question but I do hope it is discussed and I hope it has higher visibility here. Exalted Weapons (specifically the melee weapons) need a buff. They don't feel special compared to regular melee (in many ways they are inferior) and they certainly don't feel worth draining your energy to use them. What I would suggest:

1. A general stat increase - given the nature of these weapons (these are their frames' ultimate abilities) they should be the top of their classes and they aren't at present. I would also suggest buffing their Augments. 

2. For parity with other melee weapons - remove mod restrictions (e.g. Acolyte mods) and have Exalted Weapon stances increase Mod Capacity. 

3. Make it easier to use - have them share a combo counter with regular melee so you can go in and out of using your Exalted Weapon without losing your combo.

4. To make them special - give them special/exceptional stats or secondary abilities. Special/exceptional stats would mean one or two stats on each weapon that totally outclass other weapons without going too crazy. An example of this would be doubling, or more, the range of Wukong's Iron Staff (which makes sense given the real world lore of the weapon). Secondary abilities would mean giving them all something akin to the invulnerability in Valkyr's Hysteria. They don't have to be invulnerability, just something extra that makes using the Exalted Weapons more useful and viable. 

Thank you

Extremely happy to hear that the sound guys are returning to regale us with their latest adventures! It's taken many years, but I find myself intrinsically drawn to the art and I'm eager to learn more about the field of work, the equipment, the market, and the training necessary to become successful. Looking forward to a very informative and entertaining stream!

@Rajclaw

I would be very interested in where you're studying and how it's going. It's been difficult for me to find anyone offering courses, and I welcome any dialog you might be willing to have with me. I'm SERIOUS about getting into this and don't want to waste time or money, so feel free to contact me at Lantazan@gmail.com. I really hope we can help each other. Thank you!

1 hour ago, AnhurShu said:

I apologize that this isn't a sound related question but I do hope it is discussed and I hope it has higher visibility here. Exalted Weapons (specifically the melee weapons) need a buff. They don't feel special compared to regular melee (in many ways they are inferior) and they certainly don't feel worth draining your energy to use them. What I would suggest:

1. A general stat increase - given the nature of these weapons (these are their frames' ultimate abilities) they should be the top of their classes and they aren't at present. I would also suggest buffing their Augments. 

2. For parity with other melee weapons - remove mod restrictions (e.g. Acolyte mods) and have Exalted Weapon stances increase Mod Capacity. 

3. Make it easier to use - have them share a combo counter with regular melee so you can go in and out of using your Exalted Weapon without losing your combo.

4. To make them special - give them special/exceptional stats or secondary abilities. Special/exceptional stats would mean one or two stats on each weapon that totally outclass other weapons without going too crazy. An example of this would be doubling, or more, the range of Wukong's Iron Staff (which makes sense given the real world lore of the weapon). Secondary abilities would mean giving them all something akin to the invulnerability in Valkyr's Hysteria. They don't have to be invulnerability, just something extra that makes using the Exalted Weapons more useful and viable. 

Thank you

Considering that both Paracesis and the Kuva weapons family get to rank 40, thus giving up to 80 modding power, it would be very much apreciated if this was given to exalted weapons as well - without the need of adding 5 formas.

Exalted weapons, due to mod restrictions, absence of bonus mod power from stances and absence of exilus slot (even with its absurd limits) feel strictly inferior, modding wise, than regular weapons, due also to zaws and kitguns - worse, some of them ended needing bandaid mods to reach full potential (see excalibur's Chromatic blade, or the new augment for baruuk fists)

Hello. First of all thank you for that amazing game

• Do you guys test some voice lines and sound effects on repeatability? coz some of  them had some troubles with that imho.

like vent kid BOON line during the start of PHASE 3 profit taker

or Kuva Bramma fx on impact seems it multiplies itself, intentionally or not it sounds kinda annoying, especially you've got full party with that bow

• Please revert back good old Stalker death sentence aka "htaed - htaed - htaed" line coz it was scary  like for real ))  

May be you can add that line before he explain his intentions? btw. Seems strange, that shadow incarnate  proclaims what hes about to do. arnt we playin 17+ game with gore?)))

• Did you guys have plans to portray liches more Grim less cartoony in voice lines or in modulation? Coz for now it feels like pg-era.
  • Can we hope that one day, Warframe gets more ruthless sounding villains with more consistent and low voice lines?

I hope to hear from you guys). Thank you!

I've noticed that many of the sounds in game area little less prominent in the lower frequency ranges, enough so that those lower frequencies are often lost when all the sounds happening in game are layered together making the environment seem less full. Was this a creative decision to help define the atmosphere of Warframe, or was it something that happened early in development and simply never got addressed in the endless sea of updates? Also, would adding an in-game equalizer be out of the question?

46 minutes ago, Zer0.Hatsu said:

When Wisp Prime? I just want to know how her be ln prime, I image her like Golden Spirit

There's an order to these things (Broken once with Nova).

Last prime was Ivara, between her and Wisp we have.

1. Nezha
  2. Inaros
  3. Titania
  4. Nidus
  5. Octavia
  6. Harrow
  7. Gara
  8. Khora
  9. Excalibur Umbra
  10. Revenant
  11. Garuda
  12. Baruuk
  13. Hildryn

Get comfy, you will be waiting a while.

In that pic probably shows the new melee weapon that comes with the weird corpus rifle from the last DV, Is it a shade in your own arm? Why Octavia? Will you show more of the new corpus ships? Will you fix my parazon because I cannot equip requiem mods and there is no slots for them (like a normal weapon) ??? 

Will you change to any color the orange of the doors in the remaster corpus for no copy the game city? use  purple pleasee, when will change the logo for new war? And keep being the best video game ever. Good luck Tenno... 

Some sound/voice related questions from Chikatomba:

- are there gonna be an update to general voice transmissions so that it logically follows the plot? why is Ordis still talking to me simulating Lotus during missions? why does my operator say "for the Lotus" while charging into battle? I am pretty sure we are not friends with Lotus anymore.. 

- will the option to skip dialogue be made more universal? akin pre-profit taker briefing? Listening to Simaris before and after each hunt or accidently clicking on wrong line in 'dialoge' window at Konzu's can get very annoying. Tell me about that infested ship on Eris orbit again, buddy..

- will more voice options/personalities be added to kuva lich system? u guys did an amazing job already, esp male lich personality, but it seems like there is room for so much more.

Otherwise, thank you guys very much for all the orgasmic feels in my ears 🙂

Archived