The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

COMING SOON: Devstream #138 + TennoCon 2020 Save The Date!

[DE]Rebecca

2 hours ago, alchemi80 said:

I respectfully disagree. They addressed many of the community concerns (including the survey results) in the most recent devstream. Improvements are in progress and won't just happen overnight. Watch it if you missed it.

There is still a lot of things to discuss though and acknowledging an issue is not the same as proposing or discussing solutions and while there have certainly been improvements lately, many would argue that all three of these systems, along with many others still need attention. It is good to know what their opinions on our feedback are so we can respond to them in kind and a lot can change in two weeks.

Additionally, a number of the player base isn't even at endgame, where kuva liches and railjack matter. Let's not lock devstreams to content that alienates newer or even casual players.

I doubt that the number of new players that are interested in hearing about sound design is an awful lot more then the number of new players that would be interested in hearing about improvements to the game and some of this stuff does impact new players. We haven't heard anything about the new new player experience since shortly after last years tennocon and things like mod rebalancing and self damage impact players at all levels.

By reading this thread, I'm clearly not the only one excited to learn about sound dev rather than hearing about balance complaints yet again.

Pretty sure I acknowledged that myself but devstreams are a limited and are one of the few times we get to see DE actually reacting to our feedback in real time and hear their thoughts on our opinions. This is why I would rather these types of streams were held as separate events while devstreams were more focused on more important topics.

A few questions:

1: Roughly when can we expect NW 3, and will there be actual interactable missions that come with it?

2 : Can we get a preview of the corpus railjack expansion?

3: How do you guys plan on integrating liches into railjack? What will be done to address the murmur grind? Will the lich system be revamped, so that the lich is an actual nemesis? Currently, I can just ignore my lich since it is only on the lower level planets, and even if it wasn't i  i have to come after it, instead of it coming after me. It is similar to an Aliens movie, where you had to find the alien, instead of it finding you, and the alien was sleeping in the corner the whole time...

4: One shotting crewships with forward artillery, is that an intended mechanic? Furthermore, can we get name markers for locations on the fast travel minimap?

5: Why is the return to railjack power, not instant? Is there a reason behind the four second timer?

6: Are rj grineer(ground) supposed to be unable to be armor stripped by weapons(not warframe abilities)?

7: For the new war, when can we expect the first phase to start? If this is over the course of a year, will duvri tie into it? Can we expect to see a cetus on fire, damaged(sentient invaded) dojos, and relays being severely damaged or destroyed(in realtime)?

8: How is everyone day going? Is it cold in Canada?

26 minutes ago, xRufus7x said:

There is still a lot of things to discuss though and acknowledging an issue is not the same as proposing or discussing solutions and while there have certainly been improvements lately, many would argue that all three of these systems, along with many others still need attention. It is good to know what their opinions on our feedback are so we can respond to them in kind and a lot can change in two weeks.

I doubt that the number of new players that are interested in hearing about sound design is an awful lot more then the number of new players that would be interested in hearing about improvements to the game and some of this stuff does impact new players. We haven't heard anything about the new new player experience since shortly after last years tennocon and things like mod rebalancing and self damage impact players at all levels.

Pretty sure I acknowledged that myself but devstreams are a limited and are one of the few times we get to see DE actually reacting to our feedback in real time and hear their thoughts on our opinions. This is why I would rather these types of streams were held as separate events while devstreams were more focused on more important topics.

How much time do you think the senior developers, managers, and their supporting staff should devote to having even more dev streams?

We need a lot more instant audio(and visual) cues for things like abilities ending, running out of stacks and low health. Compare chromas abilities with almost any defense or buff abilities. Is there plans to add better audio feedback like this? I also noticed the weird stats or tab screen sound in corpus theme is a bit laggier than expected and feels out of sync.

40 minutes ago, xRufus7x said:

There would be little point in addressing these issues now. If they have further ideas about how to improve the system, they are either small changes, or still in the draft phase. It's also worth noting that for changes of this scale, they usually wait until they are almost ready to ship before demonstrating.

Often DE will do episodes like this when they are about to release a big feature set. They've been working on Squad Link, Railjack pt. 2, the new ORB, and several other major projects for several months. These are probably nearing release, and discussing changes to systems that are about to be greatly expanded on in just a couple weeks is not particularly productive.

tl;dr: Huge new update soon, they probably want to save deeper commentary till after the update's consequences for existing content are understood.

Can we please have a change to the Prime Armor special effects? Currently you need a specific play style, mod set up, maybe even specific warframes, to trigger and get the effects to stay active. Why can't we just be able to activate them via an emote or infinite use gear item that stays active throughout missions until mission end or manually deactivated? I paid a lot for my fashion frame and feel as though it's been taken away from me to a degree since I don't use strictly melee and don't use combo mods. Also, I really miss the old melee system and channeling. 

On 2020-02-12 at 11:29 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Twitch Drop / Mixer Reward: Tune in to find out what you can snag for watching our Devstream!

Wish you'd say what the drop is before the stream.
Most of the time I don't get to hear the first few minutes thanks to commercials and buffering,
so I miss whatever the first things you say are.

Will we get Cetus / Plains ambient music for the Somachord?

Will the Fortuna / Venus music shard grind be less obnoxious?

Will we get more music for Somachord in general? There's only one good relaxing ambient track, and it's Ghosts of the Void. Everything else is too high-energy for relaxing in the Orbiter.

How much time do you think the senior developers, managers, and their supporting staff should devote to having even more dev streams?

For side stuff like sound design, whenever they feel like.Once a month would be pretty cool but I would in no way expect that. For the core devstreams, where the future of the game and important issues with the playerbase are discussed, the current schedule of attempting to get one every two weeks, barring other conflicts, you know, like now but without a filler stream.

1 hour ago, (PS4)BlitzKeir said:

There would be little point in addressing these issues now. If they have further ideas about how to improve the system, they are either small changes, or still in the draft phase. It's also worth noting that for changes of this scale, they usually wait until they are almost ready to ship before demonstrating.

Often DE will do episodes like this when they are about to release a big feature set. They've been working on Squad Link, Railjack pt. 2, the new ORB, and several other major projects for several months. These are probably nearing release, and discussing changes to systems that are about to be greatly expanded on in just a couple weeks is not particularly productive.

tl;dr: Huge new update soon, they probably want to save deeper commentary till after the update's consequences for existing content are understood.

You are working off of a lot of assumptions. Sure would be nice if they were confirmed in some sort of stream that DE holds on a bimonthly basis to communicate upcoming updates and fixes with their playerbase.

**  I was thinking it might be very cool to add a birembau instrument pak (As in Capoiera) Not only because it is coolsounding, but it only relies on some simple sounds in a simple range for programming and as user composing because it has built in blending w percussion. Any thoughts? A subset to a once suggested reggae  pak maybe?

Archived