Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

COMING SOON: Devstream #138 + TennoCon 2020 Save The Date!

[DE]Rebecca

So, since grineer pilots are using english instead of grineer...ish? Will corpus pilots also use normal english? i mean it's nice to understand what enemies are saying, also will we hear female corpus pilots? Also will with Corpus ship remaster and empyrean be more corpus voices not only crewmans screams all the time? (sorry for my english) 

I love sounds because they can create a big immersion, but also the lack of sound in the right moments can do the same. Like when going underwater in archwing or in the Chains of Harrow quest.

My point is... that there could be some "drowned/reduced" sounds while in archwing when in space fights (like the ones used underwater but without the water sounds, of course). Use a sample sound from Dead Space when "exciting zero gravity" to get more information about what I'm trying to explain.

vor einer Stunde schrieb Afterburner_X:

Dual Kamas Prime unvault before 2035?

Epic Nyx buff/rework before 2035?

Split Flights before 2035?

Will Baro stop only bringing new cosmetic stuff before 2035?

New epic Primed Mod from Baro before 2035?

Third spooder boss fight in Orb Vallis before 2035?

New leaderboard event before 2035?

Raids back before 2035?

Next Nightwave before 2035?

Any chance that Primed Chamber will come back before 2035?

Cute Khora Deluxe before 2035?

Modular Archwings before 2035?

Oh, and... Any changes to Eidolon sound effects? That's the only content I played recently, so that would be really interesting to hear.

^__^

That's what we want to hear! 

1 hour ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Devstream138_1080p.jpg

Who:  Rebecca is joined by DE’s Sound Team for a deep dive into Sounds of the System. Join George, Jeff, Carl, and David! 

What:  We are starting things off with a Save the Date for TennoCon 2020! Then, learn about the developments of upcoming Warframe content from a Sound point of view! Get sneak peeks and treat your ears to the Sounds of the System! Music, Characters, Ambiance, and More! 

Prizes? We have plenty of Digital Prizes to give out. We even have Physical Prizes this Stream! 

Where: Find us at: twitch.tv/Warframe and mixer.com/playwarframe 

Twitch Drop / Mixer Reward: Tune in to find out what you can snag for watching our Devstream!

When: Join us this Friday, February 14th at 2 p.m Eastern Standard Time! 

Ask your SOUND RELATED questions here – you have until 10 a.m Friday! 

By installing the Youtube app for free on your Nintendo Switch, you can conveniently watch the stream on the Warframe Youtube channel from your portable system!

Question: are you considering give battle themes to bosses? Right now it's kind of hard to properly immerse yourself in the battles. 

46 minutes ago, -Kittens- said:

Except you're setting up a time and place weeks in advance that has nothing to with the problems you're talking about, involving members of the team that nothing to do with the problems you're talking about, and if you SERIOUSLY think the devs aren't aware of the problems and weren't aware of the problem before xmas vacation even when they pressed the "ship it" button, you might wanna do some research on how modern compartmentalized game creation works. DE made the bed their currently lying in, and they're aware. Very much. Acknowledging that is another entire subject, and even yet another subject is doing so in a timely and contextually salient venue and time frame.

Contrary to what EA and Activision tell you, marketing and design do not gel on a synergistic level during before feature hardening occurs, and attempting to make them do so is why Blizzard is currently hemorrhaging employees, stock value and money.

Maybe put the sign down for two hours and listen intently and then pick the sign back up and attempt to climb the waterfall with no ladder to speak of.

DE sets the schedule and the agenda. They are perfectly capable of changing what is discussed and who is in attendance and nothing about the devstreams screams "we prepared this in conjunction with the marketing team months in advance". There is no reason to think that they can not discuss upcoming changes or their views on our feedback on issues that are important to the community.

Also, the general devstream attendees, Steve, Scott, Sheldon, Geoff, are the heads of their departments. They are possibly the most well suited people to answer our questions.

So yah, I am sticking with dedicating an entire stream to sound design is fine in concept but should not take up one of the two devstreams we get a month max as this is one of the best ways for us to get an idea of what they are thinking to resolve our current issues and see their actual responses to our feedback.

Hey guys, amazing work so far many of your songs have me addicted but every now and then I want to rock out to heavy metal or listen to Beethoven while slaughtering grineer and corpus. Any chance of a mp3 set up where we can play what music we want in warframe and control it from in game?

Can you please tone down the volume on the Kuva Bramma explosions?! All those cluster bombs going off constantly is an immense barrage of sound... And it's not even me using the bow!

I don't know if the explosions are the same volume when you're using the bow yourself, but having another player use it is headache inducing unless you turn the game volume down. 

Ideally, maybe give us an option to turn the sound down for other players/all players Bramma, much like the inclusion of the option to turn down other players Octavia music. It's always louder when it's not your own. 

Thanks 🙂

vor einer Stunde schrieb [DE]Rebecca:

So when can we expect a fix for broken Melee-Stances (especially Staves) that the doesnt work when you pass a certain Attack Speed mark including FPS and Ping within the variable as well ?

Adjustement to universal or huge range on Vacuum in Space? Is it even considered or didnt you want us to just have fun with the game?

Fix for the Stealth-Multiplier-Bug with Range Weapons anywhere? Besides the usual it was a Bug reply?

I think that’s either the “parazon” for corpus or a new corpus gunblade in that photo. 
- Erra’s voice sounds so amazing! Are there any plans to give other sentients a voice similar to that rather than their little peeps?

- how did you do Wisp’s “scream-like” sound FX when she uses abilities?

Thanks DE!

Not a sound related question but still it needs to be asked.

Are the devs looking at ways to give clans and alliances a purpose beyond a social hub in game again?

As an example of what I mean.  DSC's, well yes had there issues they did have 1 very good plus side to the game.  It made alliances and like minded clans have a reason to exist.  It gave some a purpose to the game.  It gave them something to work towards.  It also made alliances more than just another social hub chat box.  Alot of older alliances, like mine AoW, from that time have been just barrelly surviving in this current form of WF hoping to have a purpose again.  Is this all for not, are we just wasting our time, or are alliances and clans going to have a purpose more than just being a social hub/another place for certain weapons?

Question:

Will the voice talents for our operators ever voice new lines, are they still available? Is there a chance of ever getting more operator voices or the ability to change e.g. pitch for our operator voices to personalize them further? I know these are not sound-team exclusive questions but are also interlinked with major general game decisions, but it would still be interesting.

Archived