Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

COMING SOON: Devstream #138 + TennoCon 2020 Save The Date!

[DE]Rebecca

12 minutes ago, (XB1)Warlord Wolfy said:

Not a sound related question but still it needs to be asked.

Are the devs looking at ways to give clans and alliances a purpose beyond a social hub in game again?

As an example of what I mean.  DSC's, well yes had there issues they did have 1 very good plus side to the game.  It made alliances and like minded clans have a reason to exist.  It gave some a purpose to the game.  It gave them something to work towards.  It also made alliances more than just another social hub chat box.  Alot of older alliances, like mine AoW, from that time have been just barrelly surviving in this current form of WF hoping to have a purpose again.  Is this all for not, are we just wasting our time, or are alliances and clans going to have a purpose more than just being a social hub/another place for certain weapons?

NERD

Spoiler

I'm Thang Hung's coworker and he's sitting next to me responding to you right now lololol

What happened to Somachords in Orb Vallis? Nothing has been said about them in a long time. When they first came out to find them the method was time consuming when you found one you would have to go in and come back out and start the process over. I only found one but it isnt on the player in my quarters. Are they still available to find? If they are can you have a different way to find them?  Thank you

8 minutes ago, (XB1)Warlord Wolfy said:

Are the devs looking at ways to give clans and alliances a purpose beyond a social hub in game again?

As an example of what I mean.  DSC's, well yes had there issues they did have 1 very good plus side to the game.  It made alliances and like minded clans have a reason to exist.  It gave some a purpose to the game.  It gave them something to work towards.  It also made alliances more than just another social hub chat box.  Alot of older alliances, like mine AoW, from that time have been just barrelly surviving in this current form of WF hoping to have a purpose again.  Is this all for not, are we just wasting our time, or are alliances and clans going to have a purpose more than just being a social hub/another place for certain weapons?

A whole lot of this! Sorry that this isn't sound related as requested. Will clans and alliances ever have a purpose outside of a weapons shop for leeches and a social hub? Will leaderboard events make a come back? Clans are seriously struggling.

So I got a question 🙂 Any plans to give Octavia players ability to switch song on their playlist? It's cool with the music but do 20+ minutes of survival or something longer and it's getting annoying. Can't there be like... hold 1 or any other ability button to switch to next or prevorious song?

Is new operator dialog for general gameplay in the cards at all? I'm getting kind of tired of "Corpus use tech weapons", and some variety would help a lot. The operator dialog in quests (ie TWW/Sacrifice) is good, and it'd be nice to have some of that quality in the main game.

Also, are you guys considering going back and adding more stuff to the liset radio? While it's cool, it kind of feels static hearing the same stuff over and over.

*Drools* You talking to the sound team and you got a pic of Octavia holding some kinda new? gunblade.... Sound Team killed it with the Corbu/metal shawzin...

Since they got their own big fat juicy recording studio Im hoping we are going to see Mandachord 2.0.

-----------------------------

No offense to sound team, I love hearing from them.   But what the heck... I know The Glassmaker is being worked on.  But I wanna hear from the devs what kind of state do they FEEL RJ and LIches are in,  AND what kind of feedback are they hearing about it now??   RJ has got a few bugs left in it, few economy issues, balance issues.   

But tease us with how progress is going on new war,  RJ other factions,   Liches other factions.  Are you hearing peoples concerns about Lv40 weapons and forma and mastery?? 

When will Lichs get to captain their own galleons??  How soon is Squad-Link?

Why is there no Larvalings on the KUVA FORTRESS?  lol.  

Can we not have the operator sound like an NPC spouting facts that people 200 hours into Warframe would already know apon receiving the operator? And only 4 different voice tracks seems small for a customizable character 3 out of 4 voice tracks sound wayy too robotic and unexpressive... We need more expressive voices maybe one that makes the operator insane on destruction like a deth voice? Or insane like ordis?

2 hours ago, Cubewano said:

First of all glad to see the sound team getting a chance to drop in again on stream, their work on the game is some of the best and it's always good fun to get a look into the whole creative process that is this games sound design and I can't wait to hear more insights on that matter, but in that same line of thinking what insights can you offer on the whole creative process you guys go through when it comes to the voice editing for characters in Warframe? Outside some of just the really stellar dialogue this game is always spouting I have to say the voices in this game have always stood out to me as one of the just very distinct sound aspects of this game compared to many others to me, and hearing the difference in some dialogues with and without their effects is just a profound, and like what is the creative process behind that? From selecting the voice actors, to figuring out what effects you want to apply, and all that jazz, that makes so many characters in the game so appealing to hear. (Also if you can tease, are we getting any noteworthy dialogue additions soon? Like Maybe something to broaden the Lich personality field wink wink nudge nudge)

I'd also be remiss to not ask on a sound stream if we'll ever get more operator voice options, the current options aren't terrible or anything but we could do with some better range given how center stage they are to most dialogue focused events aka cinematics. 

I officially now approve of pilot being my railjack pilot voice now, but please ( no offense nolon, but please do not put nolon north whose voice is in 90% of the games or other voices that are so everywhere in every video game i own, [claudia black is ok though]

43 minutes ago, (XB1)Warlord Wolfy said:

Exactly what I’d like to know, since it’s always a discussion with long time players.

Since some of the characters in game are voiced by DE staff of different roles in the studio, is there a challenge or difference in method to directing non voice actors in their roles? Do staff members volunteer to voice certain characters or frame abilities? Or are they asked by the sound team?

How is the voice modulation for the Solaris done? Is it a filter applied in engine or is there a separate sound file that plays for players who hit Old Mate? Similar to that question: are cephalon voices made more robotic in-engine?

Will it be possible to have a placeable somachord in the dojo?

Can we get more ringtones in the fankit? I'd like to have the nightwave jingle as a ringtone. 

Several questions here. Are there any plans to rework invasions, resource drones? When is the Protea coming out? Are we ever gonna get the option to crack several relics at once? When are the raids gonna make the return? When are clans gonna get the dark sector back?

** What I am most hopeful for is prime frames having some advanced sound effects that can definitely ID them as primes even when undercover, of course prime guns are easier. I would like seing augment mods triggering special sound effects maybe even a pecuilar mod or two. I havent most recently been playing on the Plains on earth but I have trouble using sound to locate incoming dropships. Other parts of the game are top notch for localizing and determing sound source.  Is that anything that could be improved?

Archived