(NSW)FlameDivinity

(Hypothetical) Railjack PvP

Imagine if Railjack and PvP were done right, fit within the game, and were thriving. Would you enjoy a Railjack PvP if it went somewhere along the lines of this?

You have three different game modes:

- 1v1

- Group (3 per team, 2 teams)

- Free4all battles.

The goal is to gain access and infiltrate your the opponent's ship, and kill the pilot.

The roles and count are:

Pilot - 1

On-board Crew - 3*

Archwing Blizters - 4

You cannot change your role mid-match.

*On-board Crew number is less than Archwing Blizters, as they have the advantage while the AB are infiltrating. OBC cannot camp near the entrances, and must stay at least 20 meters from each entrance.

Players can select between four different predetermined loadouts of each of the following:

- Archwing

- Archgun

- Archmelee

- Primary

- Secondary

- Melee

Each weapon has the same effective stats and basic attack mods, modified to compensate for ammo type (beam weapon damage will be modified to output the same effective damage as full-auto, etc.)

You can use any Warframe for cosmetic purposes, but your abilities will be split into different loadouts (like classes), and your health be at 3,000, Shields at 2,000, Energy at 300, and Armor at 150. These stats are the same for Archwing.

The Warframe classes are:

- DPS

- Tank

- Healer

- Buff Support

. On-board Crew will always have 2 DPS and 1 Tank.

Teams are required to have at least 2 different Warframe roles in 1v1 and free4all, and at least one of each 4 Warframe roles in group battles. You can choose weapons to your liking.

1v1, where the railiacks and archwings have more health to compensate for less opponents, and group battles where the health is less, but still substantial. F4a will be the same as group battles in terms of health and shields.

I don't want this to be a "2 minute rush - we're done" type of deal. I want it to be an actual grand, epic battle that takes time, strategy, and quick thinking.

I, in no way, ever expect this to be a thing. But do you think, if done well, this would be fun, or do would you rather stick with other content?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, (NSW)FlameDivinity said:

Imagine if Railjack and PvP were done right, fit within the game, and were thriving. Would you enjoy a Railjack PvP if it went somewhere along the lines of this?

- 1v1

- Free4all battles.

The goal is to gain access and infiltrate your the opponent's ship, and kill the pilot.

The roles and count are:

Pilot - 1

On-board Crew - 3*

Archwing Blizters - 4

*On-board Crew number is less than Archwing Blizters, as they have the advantage while the AB are infiltrating. OBC cannot camp near the entrances, and must stay at least 20 meters from each entrance.

Players can select between four different predetermined loadouts of each of the following:

- Archwing

- Archgun

- Archmelee

- Primary

- Secondary

- Melee

Each weapon has the same effective stats and basic attack mods, modified to compensate for ammo type (beam weapon damage will be modified to output the same effective damage as full-auto, etc.)

You can use any Warframe for cosmetic purposes, but your abilities will be split into different loadouts (like classes), and your health be at 3,000, Shields at 2,000, Energy at 300, and Armor at 150. These stats are the same for Archwing.

- DPS

- Tank

- Healer

- Buff Support

Teams are required to have at least 2 different Warframe roles in 1v1 and free4all, and at least one of each 4 Warframe roles in group battles. You can choose weapons to your liking.

1v1, where the railiacks and archwings have more health to compensate for less opponents, and group battles where the health is less, but still substantial. F4a will be the same as group battles in terms of health and shields.

I don't want this to be a "2 minute rush - we're done" type of deal. I want it to be an actual grand, epic battle that takes time, strategy, and quick thinking.

I, in no way, ever expect this to be a thing. But do you think, if done well, this would be fun, or do would you rather stick with other content?

You literally just made the same topic yesterday and by looks of it the feedback wasn't the best https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1167893-railjack-pvp/  so can we move on from this horrible idea since archwing & railjack itself was a waste of human resources and manpower because i would never touch it other than the fact that a quest and weapon are now locked behind the final zone. AND if I wanted to play PvP I would continue playing conclave?

Edit: Also by the end of the conversation you seem to have gotten toxic and disrespectful to the people in the forums when given said feedback. im surprised the topic hasn't been archived.

Edited by -Cephalon_Cody-
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

No, i don't think i would enjoy that, PvP is not really my cup of tea. But hey, if done right, it may attract more players, i wouldn't mind having it.

EDIT:

SUaKoC9.png

Really? Why the double post?

Edited by General-Pacman
  • Like 3
  • Applause 2

Also for clarification, I am NOT against PvP.. I'm currently the highest rank and enjoy it from time to time but sitting in que for 30 mins to an hour tell me the game modes pretty much dead unfortunately.. I just think railjack distracts from the game itself, I enjoy bullet jumping, parkouring, shooting things mid air and playing super fast paced, rather than playing space battle flying around in a sluggish ship. If thats the game play I wanted I would have gone and played a different game. Maybe I'm a bit salty about the update? most likely. But everyones entitled to their opinion and I stand by mine.

If they were going to do anything they should fix conclave and make it more enjoyable.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, General-Pacman said:

No, i don't think i would enjoy that, PvP is not really my cup of tea. But hey, if done right, it may attract more players, i wouldn't mind having it.

EDIT:

SUaKoC9.png

Really? Why the double post?

Understood, I, personally, enjoy WF as something to sit down and relax doing.

As for the double post, the previous topic derailed instantly, and I didn't respond in the kindest way, so I wanted to remake it when I'm not running off of 2 hours of sleep and 6 hours of work.

my answer was no in the last thread; it's still no now. DE struggles enough trying to make content as it is without needing to balance around PvP, which only ever results in people adopting a meta to win and everyone else feeling toxic and salty because of it. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

55 minutes ago, -Cephalon_Cody- said:

Also for clarification, I am NOT against PvP.. I'm currently the highest rank and enjoy it from time to time but sitting in que for 30 mins to an hour tell me the game modes pretty much dead unfortunately.. I just think railjack distracts from the game itself, I enjoy bullet jumping, parkouring, shooting things mid air and playing super fast paced, rather than playing space battle flying around in a sluggish ship. If thats the game play I wanted I would have gone and played a different game. Maybe I'm a bit salty about the update? most likely. But everyones entitled to their opinion and I stand by mine.

If they were going to do anything they should fix conclave and make it more enjoyable.

Totally agreed, especially with the bolded parts. Space battle PvP sounds fun and all, but WF is a lootershooter. And yes, they should really touch up on Conclave after they're finished with their current roadmap. It has potential, but it's just sitting there, rotting away.

On 2020-02-12 at 4:40 PM, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

my answer was no in the last thread; it's still no now. DE struggles enough trying to make content as it is without needing to balance around PvP, which only ever results in people adopting a meta to win and everyone else feeling toxic and salty because of it. 

You raise a great point. In a looter-shooter where gaining more power is one of the main incentives to play, if not balanced properly. I can definitely see PvP adopting the level of toxicity PvE has. As for Conclave, it's there and it has its crowd, so I think DE should at least give those players the recognition they deserve and fix the game mode.

Edited by (NSW)FlameDivinity

14 minutes ago, (XB1)Shodian said:

Um...you literally just made this topic yesterday. 

The topic derailed instantly and I acted really toxic, which is completely out of my character, so I wanted to remake it the right way. I have no clue how to request a topic be archived, however. But I'll look it up. Looks like there's no clear way to let DE know, at least from what I was able to briefly find. It's bound to get closed anyway, so it's just a matter of time.

Edited by (NSW)FlameDivinity

1 minute ago, (NSW)FlameDivinity said:

I think DE should at least give those players the recognition they deserve and fix the game mode.

sure, and that's a fine opinion to have and all, but that would mean dedicating resources to fixing it, when there are still plenty things that need to be looked at in PvE. do you think it would go down well with the community at large? I sure as hell don't. the response they would get would be "but what about X? or reworking Y?", not "oh thank god, they're finally fixing conclave". only a very small minority of players would be saying that.

• Like 1

Instead of railjack vs railjack, it could be railjack vs flagship, with each team switching sides each round, best of 5. As ive said several times in previous threads simaris simulations could work in a lore friendly way for this, or even have it so the syndicates had some ships they offered for training exercises.

1 hour ago, -Cephalon_Cody- said:

I second. . All in favor. .. lol

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

sure, and that's a fine opinion to have and all, but that would mean dedicating resources to fixing it, when there are still plenty things that need to be looked at in PvE. do you think it would go down well with the community at large? I sure as hell don't. the response they would get would be "but what about X? or reworking Y?", not "oh thank god, they're finally fixing conclave". only a very small minority of players would be saying that.

I agree a minority would be thankful, but that's where one of the big problem lies: They listen to the majority that sits there crying about fashionframe and other non core game mechanics, and like a retired warframe youtuber said (which sticks in my mind..) "warframe is like dressing up in your best clothes, with nowhere exciting to go". Believe me I love looking good going into battle, but fashion frame is NOT content, which many players get confused. Not trying to get off topic here but this game would be much better if we were given a set of like 5 choices for the developers to focus their resources on and just have a massive player poll. No idea at this point but I got alot of love for this game still and something needs to happen because despite all the updates comming out it still feels stale. 

P.S - I'm a completionist so I've done like everything this game has to offer but the matter of fact is its just rinse and repeat missions 24/7.

• Applause 1

The answer remains that it would be a waste of time and resources creating a game mode people are going to ignore en masse the way they always have with PvP.  Creating a second thread where you aren’t as insulting to others doesn’t suddenly absolve you of what you were doing in the other thread.

• Applause 2

1 hour ago, (NSW)FlameDivinity said:

Nope.

I'd prefer a 4-8 player co-op where every single players pilots their own RJ and takes part in a massive ship-to-ship battle vs the Grineer.

Hard pass, if I wanted PvP theres EVE, Overwatch, Fortnight, PUKBG, Apex Legends... I could go on, the point is that in playing warframe not overwatch I am making a consious choice to play something cooperatave rather than competitave. to opoint that if Wafrfame became more competitave I would once more no longer be playing it either.

• Applause 2

2 hours ago, (NSW)FlameDivinity said:

- 1v1

- Free4all battles.

The roles and count are:

Pilot - 1

On-board Crew - 3*

Archwing Blizters - 4

- Archwing

- Archgun

- Archmelee

- Primary

- Secondary

- Melee

- DPS

- Tank

- Healer

- Buff Support

This is an awesome idea, yes!!

• Satisfied 1

OMG! Not again!

gordon ramsay facepalm GIF

We already said that for the PvP you need the first, dedicated servers. Also ............. even if you are looking for someone to host the PvP, finding people is relatively low. Creating a content in which an infamous amount of people will play it, is basically fooling resources and time foolishly. I'm Sorry, but it's like that.

It is more preferable to create content that people get into, and not an infamous number of people.

Just please, STOP!

Edited by Proffebolter

On 2020-02-12 at 4:49 PM, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

I agree. I never said "now" or "soon." I just said they need to give those players some justice. PvE is and should be the priority, especially with so much that's wrong with it already.

20 hours ago, Proffebolter said:

OMG! Not again!

gordon ramsay facepalm GIF

We already said that for the PvP you need the first, dedicated servers. Also ............. even if you are looking for someone to host the PvP, finding people is relatively low. Creating a content in which an infamous amount of people will play it, is basically fooling resources and time foolishly. I'm Sorry, but it's like that.

It is more preferable to create content that people get into, and not an infamous number of people.

Just please, STOP!

Lol no, I'm not going to stop having fun with speculation. If you have a problem with ME using MY imagination, then just don't come here, and especially don't go as far at to comment for me to stop. And no, we don't need dedicated servers for PvP. And no, I'm not proposing this as something I want DE to implement. All I'm saying is, "Hey, I thought of something cool, does this sound cool to you guys or not?" If you have a problem with that, then that's you're issue, not mine. Don't tell me to stop. And even what you're saying is incorrect. No, we don't need dedicated servers for PvP, that's the single, most uneducated thing I've heard in a while. And then you talk about creating content which an "infamous" (you aren't using that word anywhere near correctly) amount of people will play. People's main issues with PvP are - They don't like the idea of DE causing a huge mess by expanding on something they've already butchered; They want DE to fix the many horrid issues with the main content, PvE first, which goes hand in hand with the third concern; They don't want the time and resources taken away from PvE and put into something that is much less popular. PvP could be amazing in Warframe, but it requires much greater resources than DE clearly has. If none of those concerns were valid, PvP could easily thrive. But unfortunately, that is not the case. You'd still have your crowd who enjoys the PvE content only, and then your crowd that prefers PvP, and the vast majority in the middle, just like every other PvE/PvP game ever. So even your last point is incorrect. And again, I'm not trying to prove anything or convince anyone of anything, I just want to share a cool idea I thought of, and I don't appreciate receiving toxicity in return.

hace 12 minutos, (NSW)FlameDivinity dijo:

Lol no, I'm not going to stop having fun with speculation. If you have a problem with ME using MY imagination, then just don't come here, and especially don't go as far at to comment for me to stop. And no, we don't need dedicated servers for PvP. And no, I'm not proposing this as something I want DE to implement. All I'm saying is, "Hey, I thought of something cool, does this sound cool to you guys or not?" If you have a problem with that, then that's you're issue, not mine. Don't tell me to stop. And even what you're saying is incorrect. No, we don't need dedicated servers for PvP, that's the single, most uneducated thing I've heard in a while. And then you talk about creating content which an "infamous" (you aren't using that word anywhere near correctly) amount of people will play. People's main issues with PvP are - They don't like the idea of DE causing a huge mess by expanding on something they've already butchered; They want DE to fix the many horrid issues with the main content, PvE first, which goes hand in hand with the third concern; They don't want the time and resources taken away from PvE and put into something that is much less popular. PvP could be amazing in Warframe, but it requires much greater resources than DE clearly has. If none of those concerns were valid, PvP could easily thrive. But unfortunately, that is not the case. You'd still have your crowd who enjoys the PvE content only, and then your crowd that prefers PvP, and the vast majority in the middle, just like every other PvE/PvP game ever. So even your last point is incorrect. And again, I'm not trying to prove anything or convince anyone of anything, I just want to share a cool idea I thought of, and I don't appreciate receiving toxicity in return.

drunk candy GIF by Originals

Since you talk a lot about speculation, imagination, and among other things that come to mind.

Explain to me: how is it that the vast majority of people are not interested in or do not want to do PvP?

On 2020-02-12 at 5:08 PM, -Cephalon_Cody- said:

I agree a minority would be thankful, but that's where one of the big problem lies: They listen to the majority that sits there crying about fashionframe and other non core game mechanics, and like a retired warframe youtuber said (which sticks in my mind..) "warframe is like dressing up in your best clothes, with nowhere exciting to go". Believe me I love looking good going into battle, but fashion frame is NOT content, which many players get confused. Not trying to get off topic here but this game would be much better if we were given a set of like 5 choices for the developers to focus their resources on and just have a massive player poll. No idea at this point but I got alot of love for this game still and something needs to happen because despite all the updates comming out it still feels stale. 

P.S - I'm a completionist so I've done like everything this game has to offer but the matter of fact is its just rinse and repeat missions 24/7.

Amen.