Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please reconsider adding the "get rid of my Lich" option

dstrawberrygirl

Parazon parazon parazon... I've done nothing but parazon thralls for days. I just parazoned a larvling that definitely did not show me a popup about a weapon, and now I'm stuck with hours of dull grind for a weapon I already have. I honestly hate this system so very much, I'm never doing these things again once I get the weapons (if you'll ever stop putting more and more of them behind massive grind walls), please just let me opt-out of a specific Lich! I realize all the devs are likely very busy and it would take time to implement and you're probably all busy with other things... but please don't drop this idea. I don't see how it's any different as a concept to opt-in larvlings. If they actually do show weapons over their heads, that is.

I'm 3500 hours invested over many years, but this past year has lead to so much dull grind I'm losing all the love I used to have for the game.

• Like 1

"Get rid of my Lich" is an instant pass for free Ephemeras without the grind, I don't see any justification for DE to implement that. They'd rather just debug the larvling to show the weapon 100% of the times and that's it.

You don't implement a whole system just to avoid a visual bug that should simply be (and which will be) corrected, come on.

Plus, that's 200% on you for hitting X after downing the larvling.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

Sorry Tenno but I can't agree that a game glitch is 200% under his control.  Also X is the same command to do a Stealth Finsher as it is to merc a larvling. 

Edited by DatDarkOne
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

"Get rid of my Lich" is an instant pass for free Ephemeras without the grind, I don't see any justification for DE to implement that. They'd rather just debug the larvling to show the weapon 100% of the times and that's it.

You don't implement a whole system just to avoid a visual bug that should simply be (and which will be) corrected, come on.

Fully agree with you here.

People would just stab every larva, abandon if it doesn't have the ephemera, and repeat until they get all the ephemeras.

And I find it funny the number of people that yell "But my muscle memory!  It's not my fault that I wasn't paying attention even though the game has flashing lights and a communication from the kuva guardians and a special marking in mission, and even has a different button to hit that normally isn't mashed over and over again!  Its the games fault!!!!!!"

Edited by Tsukinoki
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, dstrawberrygirl said:

I honestly hate this system so very much,

I'm starting to wonder if maybe that's the whole point, to motivate you to buy some plat for real money and just trade for the lich you want.

20 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

"Get rid of my Lich" is an instant pass for free Ephemeras without the grind

If implemented thoughtlessly, yes. With only about ten seconds of thought, anyone can think of a number of measures that could be implemented to prevent that.

I also question your unstated premise that being able to get epehemeras without the grind would be a bad thing.

19 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

Plus, that's 200% on you for hitting X after downing the larvling

Technically yes, but you're going to change your tune very quickly when (not if) it happens to you and you condemn yourself to several hours of fruitless grind.

Edited by SordidDreams
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, SordidDreams said:

I'm starting to wonder if maybe that's the whole point, to motivate you to buy some plat for real money and just trade for the lich you want.

I find it so weird to see people trading for Liches now. I kill all of them - the only valuable lich is one that improves one of my guns.

Hell, I'd kill my stock of converted ones, ephemera or not, if I could. (note to DE: please consider allowing me to kill my converted liches). 

Edited by Ham_Grenabe

9 minutes ago, 844448 said:

A weapon you already have? Use Valence Fusion to increase your kuva weapon % bonus for a step closer to that sweet 60%

Sadly it's a Chakuur at 57% already - I even have a riven for it, but I really do not like it. Doesn't help that the only missions I do these days are Lich missions so all the enemies are scaled to oblivion and no weapons seem to give me a feeling of power any more.

But that aside, yes I guess it's my fault that I was stealth killing things and stealth killed the larvling without taking due note that it was, in fact, a larvling, and didn't see the popup about a weapon because it was next to a wall perhaps? I admit I didn't see a downside of adding a  "get rid of it" option til someone here mentioned ephemera - I've never seen a ephemera on a Lich yet, so it would never occur to me that that was a thing. But I guess that's more of the rng on rng on rng we just have to deal with now. 

As mentioned, I don't think the ephemera thing is that big of a downside, but then, my proposed Lich-B-Gone would be this:

1. You can do it only if you have no murmurs gained for the lich and have not run any missions against it.

2. If you do it, you're locked out of creating a new lich for an entire week.

3. Optionally, it costs you a chunk of something (say, Kuva) to do it. Not sure that's necessary with a 1-week lockout. 

This is a tool primarily to get rid of a lich because you don't want to do the lich thing, not a way to abort-farm the thing you want. And if you genuinely don't want the thing, then waiting for a while to get back into it is probably something you're willing to do. 

Edited by Ham_Grenabe

24 minutes ago, SordidDreams said:

Technically yes, but you're going to change your tune very quickly when (not if) it happens to you and you condemn yourself to several hours of fruitless grind.

not sure how you think it can be a certainty when you can down the larvling and back off. and should the popup not appear, or be hidden by a wall or whatever, you just don't stab. don't take the risk, keep going until you clearly see one that you want.

if you simply think before you stab, you avoid all these problems. people can argue for more failsafes all they like, but nothing beats actual restraint for preventing a mistake from happening. if people can't resist going MUDAMUDAMUDA near larvlings, that's on them. DE told everyone the system was changing, it was up to us to adapt, and clearly some people are still struggling with this.

If you could just tell your Lich to keep the stuff its stolen and take a hike with 0 rewards given I would be happy.  

Take my stuff.  Go away.  I don't want your ephemera or your weapon.  You win!  Congrats!  

I also hate this system and I really don't care about these weapons because I didn't like the regular version of these weapons anyways.  

I realize it's not going to happen.  But id like to opt out too.  Cuz I hate it.

That being said, I am used to Sandbox games where I can opt out of parts of the game.

Also.  I am aware this is part of the game. Many people activate their Lich after watching youtube vids only to discover that it isn't fun or even engaging. 

It is a part of the game and with most games you just have to play it regardless.  So I get that.  I just have to respect it.  I don't like it. But I do respect it.

49 minutes ago, Tsukinoki said:

And I find it funny the number of people that yell "But my muscle memory!  It's not my fault that I wasn't paying attention even though the game has flashing lights and a communication from the kuva guardians and a special marking in mission, and even has a different button to hit that normally isn't mashed over and over again!  Its the games fault!!!!!!"

I agree. Though I am not completely sure if it is funny or if it is sad. And disregarding whether the "oops, muscle memory made me get a lich"-theory has any merit or not, the whole idea of blaming DE for what your muscles are doing (on their own?) is somewhat flawed (to put it mildly).  Though I can see the t-shirt before me when I close my eyes: "My MUSCLES made me do it!". Which is a bit funny...

Addition 1 >>> There is also another version: "YOUTUBE made me do it!"

Addition 2 >>> Funny no-one suggests that a "lich-be-gone"-system could (and maybe should) include a forced "1 month lich opt-out". Which would take care of a lot of misuse possibilities while still allowing anyone desperate enough to get rid of the lich.

Edited by Graavarg

Says he finds the grind dull => proceeds to do that optionnal grind and complains that he had a bad time...

(People really have to understand that kuva weapons were supposed to be unique, you were not supposed to rush them all like a lemming on crack.)

Stabs a larvling without knowing what it'll drop => complains that he didn't get what he wants...

(Please, use that brain thingy, it's 100% your fault. Maybe you'll be more carefull next time you're dealing with a potential 3h farm trigger)

44 minutes ago, Tsukinoki said:

I very much regret my actions, I was bored, I didn't pay enough attention, this is on me. It's not the games fault (aside from not showing me a popup, perhaps it was in the wall), What I am trying to say it would be super if the option that DE previously mentioned, to get rid of a lich, was implemented. I hope you enjoy and laugh at the grind, I'm just way past that point now. Between this and the wall of Intrinsics, I'm struggling to find fun in the game at all, but forgive me for venting that I managed to add on hours more to an already dull grind for weapons that I don't enjoy.

31 minutes ago, Ham_Grenabe said:

1. You can do it only if you have no murmurs gained for the lich and have not run any missions against it.

2. If you do it, you're locked out of creating a new lich for an entire week.

3. Optionally, it costs you a chunk of something (say, Kuva) to do it. Not sure that's necessary with a 1-week lockout. 

I like these suggestions - I would be fine with any of this.

3 minutes ago, Fallen77 said:

Says he finds the grind dull => proceeds to do that optionnal grind and complains that he had a bad time...

(People really have to understand that kuva weapons were supposed to be unique, you were not supposed to rush them all like a lemming on crack.)

Stabs a larvling without knowing what it'll drop => complains that he didn't get what he wants...

(Please, use that brain thingy, it's 100% your fault. Maybe you'll be more carefull next time you're dealing with a potential 3h farm trigger)

There's nothing optional about mastery when you've played for years and hit MR28 and want to keep up 🙂

Would be nice if these weapons were indeed unique - I'll concede that a couple of them are. I just got the Kuva Tonkor, and it seems to be uniquely interested in shooting projectiles through the map. On host.

Forgive my crankiness for not using my normal brain thingy as I would do after more coffee. A girl should know better.

2 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

if you simply think before you stab, you avoid all these problems

Yeah, but sooner or later you're going to zone out or not pay attention or become distracted and hit the button accidentally. And then you're going to remember back to this thread and realize just how wrong you were. There's a good reason confirmation dialogs and undo actions exist in all software going back decades. People make mistakes, and it's very short-sighted of you to assume you're an exception to that.

And I don't see you or anyone else complaining about all the other confirmations the game requires of you, like when upgrading a mod for 30 endo or starting construction in the foundry, even though these are completely inconsequential if you happen to do them accidentally. So really all this insistence that larvling stabbing must remain confirmation-free is nothing but completely hypocritical white knightism.

Edited by SordidDreams
  • Like 7

il y a 32 minutes, dstrawberrygirl a dit :

There's nothing optional about mastery when you've played for years and hit MR28 and want to keep up 🙂

Would be nice if these weapons were indeed unique - I'll concede that a couple of them are. I just got the Kuva Tonkor, and it seems to be uniquely interested in shooting projectiles through the map. On host.

Forgive my crankiness for not using my normal brain thingy as I would do after more coffee. A girl should know better.

Yeah no sorry but MR farm is useless. You can do it if you want, but you certainly don't need 1 more base mod capacity and a little bit of traces storage to clear all content in the game, thus, optionnal, I'm not letting go of that. Now, if Mr is so important to you, sorry but that's on you.

By unique, I meant like "oh look, this guy got the kuva ogris, that I don't have. But I have the kuva khom, that he doesn't have". Not the weapon itself being unique in a vacuum. Because yes, most kuva guns are the mother of all basic b#tches. We agree there.

I don't mind any form of crankyness, it's the internet after all, we're spending way enough time honeying everthing we say IRL, no need to blow flowers and sunshine up every single internet stranger's rear. But damn girl, go get that coffee ! I'm feeling more tired just thinking about it !

Putting this here yet again (being a little bit facetious as its been along day)

Patch Notes:

*Clarification on ‘Abandoning Liches’: We have removed the prototype for this for now, because rather than not fixing the core loop and just letting a Lich be banished, we intend to focus on the core loop first. 

Lich banishing IS COMING

Edited by (XB1)Tyreal2012
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, dstrawberrygirl said:

it would be super if the option that DE previously mentioned, to get rid of a lich, was implemented.

If it makes players happy, sure?

I, personally, just don't like the idea of a 'Nemesis' system that is both opt-in and opt-out at all stages of its existence.

23 minutes ago, SenorClipClop said:

I, personally, just don't like the idea of a 'Nemesis' system that is both opt-in and opt-out at all stages of its existence.

Who said anything about all stages? Such a system could easily be restricted to only liches you haven't gained any murmurs for, or perhaps until you unveil the first requiem.

When DE first suggested this they talked about it being available once a week. I just love how all of those arguing against it are saying "but ephemera farming" conveniently forgetting the once a week part. How profitable is your farming if you can only get rid of a lich once a week?

• Like 1