Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Smeta giving negative crit

CheaseDragon

I'm lucky enough to have a Paracesis riven that gives 171.5% crit chance x2 on heavy attack. combined with 275% crit chance x2 on heavy attack from sacrificial steel I perma-red crit on heavy attack for a LOT of damage.

However, in the process I have noticed something odd. When my smeta gives me a crit buff I start doing orange crits.

It would appear the Smeta is giving me negative cit on my mele but works normally for my guns (which i have rivens for but i obviously can't heavy attack with them :v )

I would guess its either a bug with heavy attack or a result of just having TOO MUCH crit.

1 hour ago, standardheadache said:

Adarza Kavats give a base 60% additive crit chance, so that may be a better pick.

I considered that but if I'm red critting permanently I need crit damage or some other buff, not crit chance.

I think I'd go for something situational or just not worry about it too much.

Might be a chance to more seriously consider some of the companions i originally just level foddered and sat on.

32 minutes ago, CheaseDragon said:

I considered that but if I'm red critting permanently I need crit damage or some other buff, not crit chance.

I think I'd go for something situational or just not worry about it too much.

Might be a chance to more seriously consider some of the companions i originally just level foddered and sat on.

[Prisma] Shade's special Simaris augment gives additional weapon damage upon uncloaking, and contrary to bug reports I've seen here, Ghost triggers infrequently but still enough where you see it. And with melee, it's not like you need Carrier.

25 minutes ago, CheaseDragon said:

There's still tiers to red crits.

According to the wiki, Cat's Eye adds 60 percentage points to a weapon's critical chance after other bonuses. So with an Adarza, your red crits would get upgraded and do even moar damage. For example...

if you have 310% crit chance, you're dealing tier 3 crits minimum, with a 10% chance to deal a tier 4 crit. Add Cat's Eye, that's now a 70% chance to deal a tier 4 crit.

if you have 390% crit chance, you're dealing tier 3 crits minimum, with a 90% chance to deal a tier 4 crit. Add Cat's Eye, you're dealing tier 4 crits minimum, with a 50% chance to deal a tier 5 crit.

Adarza wouldn't be wasted.

9 hours ago, ResidentOrb21 said:

Seems like hes just trying to brag about his riven that gives him 171.5% crit chance x2 on heavy attack. Which does A LOT of damage

At first I was just confused about the smeta debuffing me. If I was bragging I would've included the riven's full stats, not just the portion relevant to the 'issue' I was having. :v I guess this is just a discussion thread now rather than a bug one. I'd move it if I knew how lol. But, since the full stats might give some context, I'll list them anyway;

The melee rework made one of the stats kind of redundant (110.9% crit on slide) and another just great (171.5% crit x2 on heavy attack). But its also got 141.1% melee dmg and -76.1 status duration. 

unknown.png

I'd roll the slide crit off it but I'm unlikely to get the other stats the same. Got it from a sortie ages ago. Prob going to get nerfed in the next riven balance patch (I'd bet more people are using it bc of empyrean sentient ship) . 

12 hours ago, OmegaVoid said:

if you have 390% crit chance, you're dealing tier 3 crits minimum, with a 90% chance to deal a tier 4 crit. Add Cat's Eye, you're dealing tier 4 crits minimum, with a 50% chance to deal a tier 5 crit.

Adarza wouldn't be wasted.

Omega void seems adamant that extra crit chance from Adarza wouldn't be wasted but I wonder if mathematically one extra teir of red cit would give me more than just improving the crit multiplier or whether a companion with more utility might round out the build more. In absence of a better idea they make a good argument though.

TLDR; So I guess the question for this thread is now really 'what companion would you run with this and why?'

Edited by CheaseDragon
Snipped riven for proof I guess

11 hours ago, standardheadache said:

[Prisma] Shade's special Simaris augment gives additional weapon damage upon uncloaking, and contrary to bug reports I've seen here, Ghost triggers infrequently but still enough where you see it. And with melee, it's not like you need Carrier.

You know what, that might work since it gives a bit of utility (invis) as well as some extra damage. I'll have to try it and see how well it works in practice. 

On 2020-02-15 at 4:52 AM, CheaseDragon said:

Prob going to get nerfed in the next riven balance patch (I'd bet more people are using it bc of empyrean sentient ship) . 

I dont think they would make it so you need a certain weapon for something, and then be like oh no too many people are using it lets nerf it. I think they know alot of people are using it for the sentient ship right now. So them nerfing it seems stupid since they want you to be using it.

Edited by ResidentOrb21