Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Flox syandana

Killawatz

Why are they showing a unfolded Flox syandana in the appearance and the description says it will unfold when taking damage?
This is very bad marketing since i thought the unfolded version was the idle appearance and then it might just expand even further when you take damage.

Now i spent 100 plat on a box, this is terrible communication from DE and i don't want the Flox syandana after this was revealed.

• Like 4

Where does it say that it is spread out?
Should i just assume this or something?
Do you think this thread and many others like it would have been started if they also showed the ugly little box that back piece actually is?
Is there any way to see it in it's folded state?

How would the first person who bought this know that this back piece would end up being a box?
How would someone know that the Flox was displayed in it's unfolded state?

Please enlighten me and all the others that have bought this piece of appearance item on how we were supposed to know that this piece would end up being a little box on my characters back.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Killawatz said:

Do you think this thread and many others like it would have been started if they also showed the ugly little box that back piece actually is?
Is there any way to see it in it's folded state?

Please enlighten me and all the others that have bought this piece of appearance item on how we were supposed to know that this piece would end up being a little box on my characters back.

You mean... like on its market page?

3A237290850DFF64481C5DD56E164C24E84C0553

As to the rest, are you seriously, seriously saying that you saw it unfolded and thought, "Wow, it must get even bigger!" Because that's... regrettable. But still not DE's fault, either.

Edited by XRosenkreuz
  • Like 3

I’d have liked a toggle on this item.

The option to start wings out and have them retract slowly in response to damage.

Give a chance to enjoy the effect.

low health isn’t a status you get to enjoy for long. You either remedy it quick or die soon after.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
On 2020-02-13 at 8:39 PM, XRosenkreuz said:

As to the rest, are you seriously, seriously saying that you saw it unfolded and thought, "Wow, it must get even bigger!" Because that's... regrettable. But still not DE's fault, either.

I'm going to be completely honest with you.
When I first went to buy it, it was completely unfolded and shown in its complete unfolded state I didn't read the description as it was 5:00 am and this was my fault, it just looked good with my warframe so I decided I was going to buy it not knowing anything happened with it which honestly is 100% my fault and it was foolish of me not to do so. But I believe there should still at least be a toggle option because I'm going to be honest running around with a glorified backpack on isn't what I imagined when I was trying to fashionframe.

Edit: I should also point out in the arsenal screen where I bought it, it is shown completely unfolded with no semblance of its actual nature until you leave the arsenal which is when it folds back up. 
I actually didn't buy it from the market and it didn't show what you are showing in the photo.

Edited by XGN_Dokkaebi
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, XGN_Dokkaebi said:

I'm going to be completely honest with you.
When I first went to buy it, it was completely unfolded and shown in its complete unfolded state I didn't read the description as it was 5:00 am and this was my fault, it just looked good with my warframe so I decided I was going to buy it not knowing anything happened with it which honestly is 100% my fault and it was foolish of me not to do so. But I believe there should still at least be a toggle option because I'm going to be honest running around with a glorified backpack on isn't what I imagined when I was trying to fashionframe.

Edit: I should also point out in the arsenal screen where I bought it, it is shown completely unfolded with no semblance of its actual nature until you leave the arsenal which is when it folds back up. 
I actually didn't buy it from the market and it didn't show what you are showing in the photo.

I agree. I've been hoping they would address this since they released it. It looks pretty awesome all the way opened but looks like a Star Trek backpack closed. 

I main Garuda and this syandana is supposed to open when the player takes damage. I was hoping it would open with her 3rd ability that sacrifices health for energy but even that doesn't trigger it. I guess there isn't enough of us that care. Too bad, cuz it's a pretty awesome syandana when it is opened up.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, z3us32610 said:

I agree. I've been hoping they would address this since they released it. It looks pretty awesome all the way opened but looks like a Star Trek backpack closed. 

I main Garuda and this syandana is supposed to open when the player takes damage. I was hoping it would open with her 3rd ability that sacrifices health for energy but even that doesn't trigger it. I guess there isn't enough of us that care. Too bad, cuz it's a pretty awesome syandana when it is opened up.

yeah, it really is a shame its one of the better syandanas too hopefully we can get DE to change it in some way even if the people that want it aren't big enough.

• Like 1

I bought the syandana when it first released, believing in what the market advertised at the time (it was shown as open) and I thought it looked awesome on Mag's elite skin.

Too bad the only moment when you can see it open is when you're in the arsenal.

I still have the lunchbox strapped on Mag and Trinity in the vain hope a toggle option for syandanas will finally be available in the future. They should really implement it for all syandanas in general, especially considering they completely gave up on "things should not block the view" with the Eros Syandana's release.

To be honest I think I've never seen it open during gameplay, not even for a split second when you take damage, so I'm convinced it's not even working as it should. A real, real shame as it potentially is one of the best if not the best looking syandana in the game for me.

Edited by S074
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think there are enough posts about the disappointment of this syandana for you [DE] to take a moment to review and make some changes this year. For instance perhaps go back to how the Flox would open when you performed a bullet jump like how it used to have this mechanic almost 3 years ago.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 2020-02-14 at 11:39 AM, XRosenkreuz said:

Sorry to necro this, but for the sake of keeping everyone informed it needs to be pointed out that even today, when we click 'Purchase' in the Arsenal screen it is shown in the open state.

The arsenal screen is where I usually buy my cosmetic items from because that's where I'm trying on gear and adjusting colours. Why would I exit the Arsenal screen then visit the market if I can buy the same item from here? Why would it be any different?

It reveals that there are separate product pages. Even if you select the Vallis Domination Collection from Arsenal screen it still shows the open version.

But as quoted, on the market page it is shown in the closed state.

The preview picture also shows it fully open. There is no reason for anyone to think the Syandana would be completely closed unless they have seen it before. There is no animation of it closing (or opening, depending on which page you view it from). The product is very poorly advertised and has caused confusion for a lot of people.

GmRK47T.png

8xACPQT.png

zgFuu9d.png

The description is also vague: 'responds to the wearers' well-being, unfolding in response to damage': How much damage? How long does it stay open? Does it open a little bit at a time and stay open until fully healed, or does it open completely each time you take any amount of damage?

This video demonstrates how it never really opens if you are using a frame like Inaros with a very large health pool, and that it never opens in relays, cities, or the orbiter. Displaying it fully open at all times before buying it is pretty much false advertising, because it won't be in that state most of the time.

IMO it should just be open all the time, or close when taking damage. They've already re-worked it once though, so I doubt it will ever be looked at again.

Edited by TheMostFrench

• 5 months later...