Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Decoration Tool] Rotation offset (Dojo/Orbiter)

Messkoo

I was hopping this old bug will be corriged, but every update I was checking and it's still here. And is a really a pain for every decoraor. I have spend many hours to make decoration in our dojo (2d place in a dojo concours) and this bug have kill my motivation to do more.

What does this bug ? :

It's simple, when you rotate any decoration by 180° aroud an axis, when you release the rotation key  the decoration offset from his axis. If you valid before you relase the rotation key the decoration doesn't offset BUT if you select it again then it instantly gain the wrong orientation like when you release rotation key before validation.

Screenshot :

Before releasing the rotation key.

200213100404703782.jpg

After releasing the key :

200213100405245674.jpg

This bug is really a pain if we want to make aligned decoration. If you duplicat it it keep this eroned orrientation. And manualy correcting (without grid 15° or 45°) every piece is unthinkable, I have already spend too much time in decoration, I can't spend many more just because this is buged.

Some animated .gif from Kisutora

Le 03/05/2020 à 09:43, Kisutora a dit :

More examples of this happening:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

(Sorry for my poor english, the reason that make me take time to creat this post :x)

• 3 weeks later...

I reported that bug few months ago, it existing from Dojo rework and still no fixes... Also now some of my rooms broken because of new problems. It seems spending time in this was huge mistake.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Le 19/04/2020 à 11:50, Axtremulus a dit :

Corroborating this bug. I also plan to put this in a new post alongside a few other dojo bugs. Hopefully it gets some attention.

I hope it will be seen, more poste is better ^^

Scarlet Spear: 27.3.16

-Fixed a script error when placing Decorations in the Dojo.

but not for this bug, still in game.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It's really nice to have many new decorations and new room but it's unusable  with a decoration tool buged, please fix it so we can make again spectacular Dojos

This Bug is still in game in Update 28: The Deadlock Protocol

• 4 weeks later...

Here's a workaround, well almost:

When rotating a decoration before you release the key switch the grid to OFF and keep it OFF when you don't need it.

Note: Only works the first time you rotate a decoration. If you try to rotate another axis it may still break..

giphy.gif

Turns out event that won't fully fix the problem and sometimes it'll just go off grid somehow.

Spoiler

Right side, nice and flat

lWIYTWk.jpg

Left side, off grid (exact same procedure, tried several times with varying success)

zHCa7I6.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived