Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We Need To Talk About Supra.

Brinie

Supra isn't the same as he used to be. Tonight, he cried for several hours in my arms, we needn't say a word

to one another for me to know why. You see, Supra was always sheltered, as a child, he was praised and loved, he hardly knew any hate. When someone would pick on him, point out a flaw,he would have a wall of "friends" dismissing this in a few moments. . Ever since Soma moved here... it just hadn't been the same.

Supra is only a few updates old, he's still in his prime, alive and kicking! I still take him places, you know. But... people stare. Once when I took him out eating I recall hearing: "It's update 10 bro, get a Soma, that old thing is trash." The disgust that curled up inside just then in indescribable, it took all my force not to pour my glass of Nanospores in his hair. 

I know it sounds selfish, but I just want him to be happy, ever since I put an orokin catalyst on his finger that's all I wanted. I know, I know armor 2.0 is coming, to let weapons similar to my Supra shine again. I'm just, afraid that this will just extend the cap between my poor little Supra and that nasty Soma. Just... maybe ask Soma to quiet down a bit, give little Supra a chance? I have a hush mod I can donate to him, if need be.

I just feel Supra might do something drastic soon, he started shutting himself in back at our inventory and refuses to do anything.  I beg of you DE let the worth and character of these weapons be proportionate to their strengths. My supra might be a little old, but he has a heart made of forma. Don't let that go unoticed, he's beautiful and deserves to be mentioned, that's all I ask. 

I want to see the soma as it is.. but the supra should do something special.

Like plasma burning limbs off enemies.

Or micro-chance to knockdown/ragdoll enemy. 

Also heavier frames should hold it like a minigun.

But again it's all wishful thinking >.<

Haha nice story but don't fret, like i said before for those that think soma is the best because of its base crit damage, the key to a good weapon isn't because it has high crit damage cause if you mod wrong it wont be as effective, the Braton prime is a low crit weapon but it comes to life with "shred" and "speed trigger" getting its higher bullet based damage to its target faster.
Where a weapon the has a high crit base needs all crit mods like "vital sense" "strike point" and "hammer shot".

So as a rule to the type of gun you use, if low crit with high bullet damage use "speed mods" and if high crit "all crit based mods"

Happy hunting Tenno :)

Haha nice story but don't fret, like i said before for those that think soma is the best because of its base crit damage, the key to a good weapon isn't because it has high crit damage cause if you mod wrong it wont be as effective, the Braton prime is a low crit weapon but it comes to life with "shred" and "speed trigger" getting its higher bullet based damage to its target faster.

Where a weapon the has a high crit base needs all crit mods like "vital sense" "strike point" and "hammer shot".

So as a rule to the type of gun you use, if low crit with high bullet damage use "speed mods" and if high crit "all crit based mods"

Soma has hitscan bullets, 100% accuracy, little recoil, and the highest DPS in the game, right under Acrid. It does not require a Forma, 7 Fieldrons and 7 mastery ranks. It even has two V polarities from the start. Meanwhile, Supra shoots slow, inaccurate lasers that don't ignore armor or have such high damage that 60% is still equal to hundreds of damage per bullet.

Don't try to be Mr. Wise Guy. Supra is a bad weapon for it's cost, and there are much easier weapons to acquire that just outperform it.

Edited by AlchemistMute

Wat.

Soma has hitscan bullets, 100% accuracy, little recoil, and the highest DPS in the game, right under Acrid. It does not require a Forma, 7 Fieldrons and 7 mastery ranks. It even has two V polarities from the start. Meanwhile, Supra shoots slow, inaccurate lasers that don't ignore armor or have such high damage that 60% is still equal to hundreds of damage per bullet.

Don't try to be Mr. Wise Guy. Supra is a bad weapon for it's cost, and there are much easier weapons to acquire that just outperform it.

u clearly didnt read what this was topic was about.  

Supra was fine until the levels of enemies got nearly doubled.  Now, anything that doesn't do heavy AI damage is underwhelming.  This is why crit weapons (like the Soma) have seen particular prevelance.  They have less elemental presence, but the crit nature of their damage means that AP mods on them are increased more than on rainbow builds.

The level bump is what broke the camel's back.  And it wasn't just a straw.  It was an anvil.  Weapons like the Supra suffered the most.  I still remember my reaction post to seeing the datamined numbers for the first time when U8 came out.  "Holy OP Batman" were the first words I used to describe a weapon with DPS that high.  The problem was that with the level bump, enemies now had so much armor that trying to punch through it with anything other than AI weaponry was an exercise in futility.  Exponential armor doesn't work in a game as we have seen.

The game needs a massive balance patch to accompany the legendary Armor 2.0.  Otherwise, the Supra will remain in its current state.

Supra hater? SHUN! SHUN HIM!

Supra was fine until the levels of enemies got nearly doubled.  Now, anything that doesn't do heavy AI damage is underwhelming.  This is why crit weapons (like the Soma) have seen particular prevelance.  They have less elemental presence, but the crit nature of their damage means that AP mods on them are increased more than on rainbow builds.

The level bump is what broke the camel's back.  And it wasn't just a straw.  It was an anvil.  Weapons like the Supra suffered the most.  I still remember my reaction post to seeing the datamined numbers for the first time when U8 came out.  "Holy OP Batman" were the first words I used to describe a weapon with DPS that high.  The problem was that with the level bump, enemies now had so much armor that trying to punch through it with anything other than AI weaponry was an exercise in futility.  Exponential armor doesn't work in a game as we have seen.

The game needs a massive balance patch to accompany the legendary Armor 2.0.  Otherwise, the Supra will remain in its current state.

The sad part is that even if the enemy levels remained the same, the Soma would still be superior to the Supra and all other rifles in terms of DPS.

Supra is fine. Soma is OP if anything. Friggin market place weapon better than a clan tech weapon. Every1 who is happy about Soma are the ppl who want to play with no skill

I said it's bad for it's cost. A Mastery Rank 7 weapon needs good amounts of Fieldron, a Forma, Clan research, and well, high mastery rank. Not only is that like 20 weapons, that's 72 hours ignoring the time needed to research the thing or anything before it and lots of time spent farming the resources.

It just needs a higher base damage (like 40 per bullet), a slight increase in accuracy and the damage rework and it will be great for it's cost. But the Soma will still outperform it because the damage rework will only make it even better.

I said it's bad for it's cost. A Mastery Rank 7 weapon needs good amounts of Fieldron, a Forma, Clan research, and well, high mastery rank. Not only is that like 20 weapons, that's 72 hours ignoring the time needed to research the thing or anything before it and lots of time spent farming the resources.

It just needs a higher base damage (like 40 per bullet), a slight increase in accuracy and the damage rework and it will be great for it's cost. But the Soma will still outperform it because the damage rework will only make it even better.

the thing is its not bad for its cost. Putting work into a weapon to make it good is a given. I put 5 forma in my Supra without hesitation so I could max its dmg completely and it owns everything. Soma is just unfair.

the thing is its not bad for its cost. Putting work into a weapon to make it good is a given. I put 5 forma in my Supra without hesitation so I could max its dmg completely and it owns everything. Soma is just unfair.

Lanka, rank 7, deals 250 serrated blade damage. Scales with mods. High crit. chance and damage, also scales with mods. A DPH beast.

Acrid, rank 8, deals like 90 poison damage, 75% of which is dealt over time. Scales with mods and the DoT stacks. Absolutely DPS monster beast.

Supra...? Umm, 35 damage per shot, 90 bullet clip size, very slow bullets, kind of inaccurate, extremely fast speed.

---

The point? The Supra is lacking in armor-ignore and bullet speed. Armor 2.0 will solve the armor ignore, and it could be 60 m/s instead of 40 m/s. That's all. It isn't like the other rank 7 weapons, and for it's expensive cost and build time, it should be better. Just.. just a slight increase in damage and speed. And Armor 2.0 will fix it.

That's it. Why not?

Lanka, rank 7, deals 250 serrated blade damage. Scales with mods. High crit. chance and damage, also scales with mods. A DPH beast.

Acrid, rank 8, deals like 90 poison damage, 75% of which is dealt over time. Scales with mods and the DoT stacks. Absolutely DPS monster beast.

Supra...? Umm, 35 damage per shot, 90 bullet clip size, very slow bullets, kind of inaccurate, extremely fast speed.

---

The point? The Supra is lacking in armor-ignore and bullet speed. Armor 2.0 will solve the armor ignore, and it could be 60 m/s instead of 40 m/s. That's all. It isn't like the other rank 7 weapons, and for it's expensive cost and build time, it should be better. Just.. just a slight increase in damage and speed. And Armor 2.0 will fix it.

That's it. Why not?

Lanka is a sniper rifle. Obviously it'll hit hard

Acrid is an OP weapon which should never be compared to any other weapon and its rank 7 

Supra is fine. I have no problem with lvl 120+ enemies with my supra. It requires skill to use

Well, the Supra... it is what it is and I built it after I used the Soma and the Gorgon. It was painfull to get all the things to build it and the soma was like:

Oh, a new weapon... let's see... got the mats already so I got Soma ready in a day.

When I used it, I felt somehow betrayed. Two polarity slots, virtually no recoil, pretty good accuracy to even use single bullets... I leveled it to 30, potato'd and even forma'd it. Then everyone was using Soma and I felt like ><> ><> ><>

Same with Galatine.

I don't know what to do. I'm using Supra because it is the underdog now and I like it's style to just spray into a horde of enemies. Hek, I would even chose the Gorgon or the Grakata over the Soma now.

Edited by SIDESTRE4M