Jump to content
AceOfCayde

Craftframe - The New Modular Game

Recommended Posts

This is my personal opinion and feedback as a player that has played over the course of several years with a few breaks.

It seems like this is just not the same game anymore when it comes to weapons. Sure, the same weapons are there (with new additions), but none of those really matter anymore with the addition of Zaws and Kitguns. Yes, my Nikana Prime still works and slays, but an equally skilled player with a top tier Zaw will outplay any existing melee weapons. Same for Kitguns and secondaries. Not to mention the constant nerfs to all of the highest performing weapons in the game, making Zaws and Kitguns even more powerful in comparison.

While this is all fine and well, and these are weapons everyone can craft, these weapons require a ridiculous amount of standing and resource farming to make. It feels like the entire game now is just fishing and mining to hopefully craft a worthwhile modular weapon. This game has always been a grind, but now it's even more monotonous and honestly painful at times. 

 

I'll continue to play and enjoy what I have in the game, but I really feel like I'm missing out because I can't dedicate hours every day to farming resources for crafting systems on multiple different planets. I haven't yet acquired my first Lich weapon since coming back, but I am much more optimistic about this system than the previous two.

 

Sincerely,

A very tired Tenno who wants to play the game, not craft it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is not so hard to build a zaw/kitgun. The reputation is farm buy playing in cetus/fortuna. Yes, farming by mining is annoying, you should do the bounty ; it also contain mods that you need.

 

But yes, they have balance issue ; if we choose the good part, most of the melee weapon of the game are dominate by the zaw.

It allow use to build a melee weapons without downside.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

t feels like the majority of this was composed about a year ago, vanished into a rift in the quantum realm, and finally popped back into the current time stream.  Or maybe it was written in the future, after the release of primary kitguns, a zaw rework, and mysterious and scary "constant nerfs to all of the highest performing weapons" but -not- kitguns or zaws.

I mean, in this dimension, zaws have all kinds of competition since Melee 3.0 hit.  And while kitguns are still really good, disposition changes, a nerf to the Catchmoon, and some of the new weapons make the field wider open than it's been since Fortuna.

Yeah, crafted weapons in this game don't really do it for me either, and modular primaries are right around the corner, so if you just mean this as "DE, please don't repeat the same mistakes.  (Make new, more interesting ones!)"  you have my support. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

I mean, in this dimension, zaws have all kinds of competition since Melee 3.0 hit.  And while kitguns are still really good, disposition changes, a nerf to the Catchmoon, and some of the new weapons make the field wider open than it's been since Fortuna.

Technically. In reality zaws still take up a solid chunk of the upper levels of melee and kitguns are flat out the best with the catchmoon nerf being mostly a range one and nowhere near as harsh as the numbers seem due to exilus slot (11m of 100% damage with 8.5%~ falloff per meter after) as they still have a free "mod" slot with the arcanes.

And dispo changes dont influence that as rivens in general shouldnt impact balance.
And the post is still true because DE want to gut archwing even further by making it a god damn mix and match setup of generic trash instead of internally functional kits.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

Yeah, crafted weapons in this game don't really do it for me either, and modular primaries are right around the corner, so if you just mean this as "DE, please don't repeat the same mistakes.  (Make new, more interesting ones!)"  you have my support. 

Definitely my main desire; I would never wish for them to remove content that so many players are now using and accustomed to. But some re-balancing and learning for the next system would be appreciated 🙂

And yes, I am definitely out of date on a few things, still catching up on patch notes and wikis!

  • Satisfied 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AceOfCayde said:

Definitely my main desire; I would never wish for them to remove content that so many players are now using and accustomed to. But some re-balancing and learning for the next system would be appreciated 🙂

And yes, I am definitely out of date on a few things, still catching up on patch notes and wikis!

Try the Lich system, which has some very good weapons available.  Or wait just a bit, because there might be more improvements coming.   And while Melee 3.0 is deeply flawed, it did open things up for a lot more weapons outside of the top tier.   I delayed crafting for a long time, myself, and it's easier to ignore now than it's ever been. 

It may not stay that way though, so maybe make some small steps at your own pace progressing in those systems.    If you have a lot of spare star chart resources, you can do a kind of passive progress with the kitguns by buying Debt-Bonds from Ticker in Fortuna. 

 

  • Woah 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

If you have a lot of spare star chart resources, you can do a kind of passive progress with the kitguns by buying Debt-Bonds from Ticker in Fortuna. 

I had no idea about the debt-bonds... I've got enough planetary resources to fund a Moon clan!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, AceOfCayde said:

I had no idea about the debt-bonds... I've got enough planetary resources to fund a Moon clan!

Yeah, I disliked the bounties and wasn't in a hurry, so made probably 90% of my progress there with the help of Ticker.

PoE doesn't have a real equivalent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...