Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The rule "Can't get weapon from previous lich" should now be "...from previous larvling"

Lluid

Now that we can refuse a weapon from a larvling, we're facing the problem that we can't get the same weapon as our previous lich, no matter how many larvlings we refuse. Some of us want to improve one specific weapon, so it can be annoying to be forced to accept another weapon.

For instance, if you got the Kuva Bramma from your previous lich, your future larvlings will pick randomly in the 15 other weapons, but never the Bramma until you complete another lich.

The rule used to be a good thing previously, when we couldn't refuse a lich, to avoid the frustration of getting the same weapon twice in a row. But now the rule is itself a source of frustration. I actually spent 41 missions trying to get a weapon before realizing I couldn't, because it was the previous one I obtained, and I suspect many players don't even know that this rule exists and will keep trying... and blaming RNGesus.

I think the most straightforward solution is to change the rule so that we can't get the same weapon as the previous larvling's. The initial intention behind this rule would be fulfilled, since we wouldn't get the same weapon as the previous lich in the first try, but then it would allow to get any weapon, except the one we just refused, while still picking among 15 weapons each time and therefore without reducing the chances to get a new weapon.

Note : I'm not strictly sure that this rule is still in effect, but I have a list of 110 attempts in which I never got a larvling with the weapon from my previous lich, so I'm pretty confident.

Edited by Lluid

8 hours ago, GKP_light said:

"...from previous larvling" :

or even better :

"from the 8 previous larvling" : to reduce the probability to not find the one that we want.

That would be nice, considering my worst series of larvlings consisted of 69 attempts before getting a Bramma. Such bad luck should happen less than once in a thousand times, but it still happened. If we ignore the 8 previous larvlings it would be considerably rarer (once in ten thousand times).

Also in the worst case, if you want a weapon that you just refused for some reason, the average number of attempts to get it would still be around 16 like now.

4 hours ago, Lluid said:

That would be nice, considering my worst series of larvlings consisted of 69 attempts before getting a Bramma. Such bad luck should happen less than once in a thousand times, but it still happened

Same, but I'm fairly sure not all Kuva weapons have the same drop chance. I have so many Krakens, I think they've change the drop tables to make the more MR fodder kuva weapons more likely and make the initial % much lower. I haven't seen one over 35% since we got Valence Fusion.

I run Cassini on Saturn, which spawns a larveling 90% of the time right after you capture the target. I can complete each run in <3mins. Many hours later still no Bramma, but I could have had about 25 each of Kraken, Karak, Seer and Hind, about 10 dubba Stubba, 3 of the Ayanga and 1 each of Drakgoon, Brakk, Kohm, Quartakk, Tonkor and Ogris (all of which I already have).

15 hours ago, Lluid said:

Now that we can refuse a weapon from a larvling, we're facing the problem that we can't get the same weapon as our previous lich, no matter how many larvlings we refuse. Some of us want to improve one specific weapon, so it can be annoying to be forced to accept another weapon.

For instance, if you got the Kuva Bramma from your previous lich, your future larvlings will pick randomly in the 15 other weapons, but never the Bramma until you complete another lich.

There is a reason why i straight up declared if D.E. continued to add more kuva lich weapons and made other lich variants (for fking cripes sake D.E. dont simply make it corpus using kuva, make it something interesting like Nef Anyo dipping people in void energies like the moron he is)that a new system needs to be put in place to make the farming less tedious.

Sure, i wanted them to redesign the grind of kuva liches, but if they at the very least make it a batch of 3 to 4 weapons on specific weapons that the larvlings can only spawn with, that would work, since it would be upping the chance of a specific weapon from its current 5~6% drop rate to about 25~33%, a much more reasonable number.

The rule used to be a good thing previously, when we couldn't refuse a lich, to avoid the frustration of getting the same weapon twice in a row. But now the rule is itself a source of frustration. I actually spent 41 missions trying to get a weapon before realizing I couldn't, because it was the previous one I obtained, and I suspect many players don't even know that this rule exists and will keep trying... and blaming RNGesus.

The fact the system has no dang tutorial is another issue in itself, but honestly if D.E. is never going to address it, then it ultimately falls upon players who have not caught on to when d.e. releases an update, that they need to view the notes. Kuva Liches is not some low level content that newbs can get in and ruin things, if they have yet to learn to read up on things and keep track of the news, then its kind of thar fault for playing as blind as possible on how the game works.

But granted, that would likely be the same people who thinks running pure glass cannon setups and no survivability at all, is a swell idea and clearly wont understand why they keep getting downed so easily on even low level content.

I think the most straightforward solution is to change the rule so that we can't get the same weapon as the previous larvling's. The initial intention behind this rule would be fulfilled, since we wouldn't get the same weapon as the previous lich in the first try, but then it would allow to get any weapon, except the one we just refused, while still picking among 15 weapons each time and therefore without reducing the chances to get a new weapon.

This would just create the same issue as the previous thing, since i do not believe said rule applies to aborting missions, which most are going to do that then take the extra few minutes to clear the mission since they will stockpile over and over as people acclimate to the new WEI to chase kuva lich weapons. I repeat my previous statement that the issue is too many weapons are present and they need some solid split factor that is easy to manage so its not too complicated to chase a specific weapon, since it would be kind of retarded if D.E. just straight up made only specific nodes will drop a specific weapon, since 16 weapons is too many to split it up to a `1 weapon per planet b.s. logic.`

Though honestly, if D.E. kept the kuva lich system to ONLY grineer, they could simply have thralls show up on infested & corpus planets to resolve alot of the problem with my previous suggestion.

Note : I'm not strictly sure that this rule is still in effect, but I have a list of 110 attempts in which I never got a larvling with the weapon from my previous lich, so I'm pretty confident.

Grats, your more tenacious then i am, i only went as far as to get all 16 weapons and very sure i hit the 20~25s or so on the first 13 with all the dupes i kept running into. Even with valence fusion, its hard for me to give much care to chase after 60% max roll weapons since most are just EH, one of the better ones is mostly ruined because you cant use cautious shot on it and it has a very easy way to YEET yourself, while the few that are good are mostly good because of certain categories and that overpowered elemental damage bonus letting you skip some modding setups.

So overall, D.E. still needs to reduce the grind itself, for both setting up to kill a lich, the grind to find the weapon you want and the grind to actually take down the lich itself. Which you you took a good scrub of a look on the entire system, is about 5 or so grinds between R.Relics, R.Mods, Larva hunting, MurMur hunting and repeatedly farming X weapon to maximize stat gain. Honestly i feel like it should of only been 2 types of grinds, even if i am generous to exempt the X weapon farm bit.