Nviaa

Rebind your thrall killing key before you start larvling hunting

If you keep messing up like me due to muscle memory (already did this twice), and creating liches that you don't want, rebind your key to something else that you wont click straightway. 

Just a workaround that could save you 2-3 hours of your time in this game. 

• Like 2

Sounds nice, but how do I not forget to rebind it?

DE adds in hold to confirm for killing a larvaling

problem solved

or redo the whole larvaling thing all together, makes no sense lorewise just like trading liches or the fact they're called liches.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, FoxyKabam said:

DE adds in hold to confirm for killing a larvaling

Looking at the changes for charged attacks, this for sure won't fix the problem

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nviaa said:

see, I like this. rather than moaning like all the others, you actually took some initiative and thought to rebind so it no longer happens to you. good on you.

and for anyone not wanting to rebind, you still have plenty options: try shooting the larvling from a distance with guns or powers for instance, or use your operator. even if you don't bring a gun you have like 3 or more different options with most frames to deal some level of damage from a distance, and considering larvlings appear at levels 20-40, it doesn't even have to be a a good form of damage, just something. surely even the most crazed of melee-only players can take time to just shoot the larvling, see what it has and then go back to being a walking blender...

and if you are absolutely convinced you can never ever break your habit of spamming the stab button near a larvling, Rebind until you reckon you can change. 

5 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

see, I like this. rather than moaning like all the others, you actually took some initiative and thought to rebind so it no longer happens to you. good on you.

Still an issue even if I'm doing this. 

And a fix won't hurt anyone. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Hyro1 said:

could you explain that?

for clarity I was thinking of a hold to confirm along the lines of when the player chooses whether or not to kill or convert a lich

1 hour ago, FoxyKabam said:

could you explain that?

for clarity I was thinking of a hold to confirm along the lines of when the player chooses whether or not to kill or convert a lich

Roughly the same, charged melee was introduced with a tap to use mechanic. After some feedback charge to use was also introduced. After more feedback was provided charge to use was removed leaving only tap to use. Only difference between Charged Melee and here is that with melee you still had both options, whereas here there's only one

11 hours ago, Hyro1 said:

Different circumstances. This isn't going to interfere with melee as a whole, where the charge attack thing did

15 hours ago, Nviaa said:

If you keep messing up like me due to muscle memory (already did this twice), and creating liches that you don't want, rebind your key to something else that you wont click straightway. 

I'm curious, how is there muscle memory in a mission where thralls will never, ever spawn? I mean are you mashing the button for no reason in other missions too?

1 minute ago, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

I'm curious, how is there muscle memory in a mission where thralls will never, ever spawn? I mean are you mashing the button for no reason in other missions too?

It's whenever you see the icon and hear the sound, you instinctively go for the button. I've had to catch myself a few times

• Like 1

2 hours ago, (XB1)Lucas Jameson said:

It's whenever you see the icon and hear the sound, you instinctively go for the button. I've had to catch myself a few times

But there is very little incentive to use a parazon finisher outside of active farming. And there are also some very bad things that come from using a parazon finisher, like an unwanted lich. And since the finisher requires a very specific condition to proc normally it shouldn't even be a reflex.

I mean are you a low MR and using weapons that have high time-to-kill, thus making the parazon finisher more reliable? How did this reflex even become a thing?

Edited by (PS4)Hiero_Glyph

11 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

and for anyone not wanting to rebind, you still have plenty options: try shooting the larvling from a distance with guns or powers for instance, or use your operator. even if you don't bring a gun you have like 3 or more different options with most frames to deal some level of damage from a distance, and considering larvlings appear at levels 20-40, it doesn't even have to be a a good form of damage, just something. surely even the most crazed of melee-only players can take time to just shoot the larvling, see what it has and then go back to being a walking blender...

and if you are absolutely convinced you can never ever break your habit of spamming the stab button near a larvling, Rebind until you reckon you can change. 

Shouldn't have to find a work around for a bad and untested content. There shouldn't be a possibility of a mistake in the first place.

Quit making excuses for bad content and hasty, untested hotfixes. Every time there's a fix like this, it's never good enough because they don't play their own game. It's always a half measure.

Edited by IIDMOII
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, FoxyKabam said:

or the fact they're called liches.

Lich (noun): a spellcaster who seeks to defy death by magical means.

The Grineer Kweens are styled after witches, ergo magic. Kuva is a witches brew, a magic potion.

Kuva Liches can cast warframe powers, ergo spellcasters. They come back to life each time you kill their bodies.

They're Liches

1 hour ago, Hyro1 said:

Roughly the same, charged melee was introduced with a tap to use mechanic. After some feedback charge to use was also introduced. After more feedback was provided charge to use was removed leaving only tap to use. Only difference between Charged Melee and here is that with melee you still had both options, whereas here there's only one

I'm still not seeing the issue with hold to confirm or how the charge attack fiasco applies to this situation.

melee you'd get people using charge attacks on accident killing their combos, pressing the melee button too fast would often end up with a charge attack and with many melee builds opting for fast attack speeds it was often very easy to press the button one too many times, its also not at all a hold to confirm.

liches once beaten give you two options, you hold the respective button down to make a choice, each side telling you what choice you're making.

Kill the larvaling for a lich or knock them out and walk away from the potential headache.

1 minute ago, TARINunit9 said:

They come back to life each time you kill their bodies

never seen it, they glow and warp away. Only see them die once, when they're beaten.

Vor is more a lich than the "liches"

8 minutes ago, FoxyKabam said:

never seen it, they glow and warp away. Only see them die once, when they're beaten.

They died when you killed them as a Larvling. Now they're back. They cheated death exactly once, and once is enough to count

18 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

They died when you killed them as a Larvling. Now they're back. They cheated death exactly once, and once is enough to count

I guess that's true? buts still pretty lame.

So as larvaling they die and become a lich, at that point as a lich, they only die once. I'd expect a lich to die multiple times, rather than getting exactly one extra life.

Djinn is more a lich than the liches.

36 minutes ago, FoxyKabam said:

I'm still not seeing the issue with hold to confirm or how the charge attack fiasco applies to this situation.

The issue is that your asking for change on something that will inconvenience others, just how adding the charge mechanic can cause melee combo to be loss, and a similar mechanic will slow down those that are actively farming Liches, or those, just like you, who are used to the muscle memory, and can loss out on getting a lich with the weapon they want thanks to needing to hold instead of tapping

3 minutes ago, FoxyKabam said:

I guess that's true? buts still pretty lame.

So as larvaling they die and become a lich, at that point as a lich, they only die once. I'd expect a lich to die multiple times, rather than getting exactly one extra life.

Djinn is more a lich than the liches.

Really, that's actually the norm for Liches. What a Lich does is die once, cheat death that one time, put their soul into a phylactery, and then use a puppet body made of their own skeleton until the phylactery is destroyed.

What you're thinking of is more along the lines of a phoenix or a perpetual. Or a superhero, but now I'm leaning into jokes

13 minutes ago, Hyro1 said:

The issue is that your asking for change on something that will inconvenience others, just how adding the charge mechanic can cause melee combo to be loss, and a similar mechanic will slow down those that are actively farming Liches

adding one 4 second prompt before starting a multi hour long grind, that could prevent other players from locking themselves into that grind on accident. I can see your point though, those 4 seconds add up when you're killing so many larvalings in a day.

14 minutes ago, Hyro1 said:

or those, just like you, who are used to the muscle memory

I've never had the misfortune of creating a lich on accident, due to muscle memory.

22 minutes ago, Hyro1 said:

and can loss out on getting a lich with the weapon they want thanks to needing to hold instead of tapping

you lost me.

so currently: you kill the larvaling, it shows you what weapon it will have and you have a prompt to stab it, stab it and you've created a lich.

adding a hold to confirm: you kill the larvaling, it shows what weapon it will have and you have a prompt to stab it, trigger the prompt you get two choices, hold A to stab it and make a lich, hold B to knock them out and leave without a lich.

how would such a hold to confirm cause a loss of a lich with the weapon a player wants?

21 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

What a Lich does is die once, cheat death that one time, put their soul into a phylactery, and then use a puppet body made of their own skeleton until the phylactery is destroyed

yes this, only you can kill the puppet body, the lich with its phylactery (the kuva) will go on to another body or just get back up a put itself back together.

I'd like it if when we "kill the lich" it actually plays a death animation, then gets back up, the phylactery wasn't destroyed and we continue towards finding the right word combo.

Technically they are liches, just really boring ones.

2 minutes ago, FoxyKabam said:

I'd like it if when we "kill the lich" it actually plays a death animation, then gets back up, the phylactery wasn't destroyed and we continue towards finding the right word combo.

Yeah that is a problem.

Steve claims in a devstream that the original Lich stabbing mechanic was that you would stab a Lich and they would die, but break your back while they were bleeding out. And obviously that wasn't clear AT ALL (could you tell that's what was going on? I certainly couldn't) and that's one of the reasons they changed it to the current system

32 minutes ago, FoxyKabam said:

adding a hold to confirm: you kill the larvaling, it shows what weapon it will have and you have a prompt to stab it, trigger the prompt you get two choices, hold A to stab it and make a lich, hold B to knock them out and leave without a lich.

how would such a hold to confirm cause a loss of a lich with the weapon a player wants?

Except there is no B, u just walk away if u don't want the lich, which is where my comment on muscle memory comes in.  You may not have this problem but seeing how the current system is just tap and go, others most certainly will if it changes to charge. And if they are hunting for a specific weapon they'll just tap and go missing said weapon if a charge mechanic is added

9 minutes ago, Hyro1 said:

Except there is no B, u just walk away if u don't want the lich, which is where my comment on muscle memory comes in.  You may not have this problem but seeing how the current system is just tap and go, others most certainly will if it changes to charge. And if they are hunting for a specific weapon they'll just tap and go missing said weapon if a charge mechanic is added

Ok now I'm even more lost.

11 minutes ago, Hyro1 said:

Except there is no B

That...that's what I'm suggesting, adding a quick prompt to give you the choice between A or B, just in case you've stabbed the larvaling on accident.

12 minutes ago, Hyro1 said:

You may not have this problem but seeing how the current system is just tap and go, others most certainly will if it changes to charge

how?

17 minutes ago, Hyro1 said:

And if they are hunting for a specific weapon they'll just tap and go missing said weapon if a charge mechanic is added

what?

there would be no tap.

you would get a prompt Hold A for lich, Hold B for no lich. Just like how killing a lich works now, only for the larvaling.

Or just go to a token system so your Lich weapon literally doesn't matter because you get to choose the Lich weapon you want at the end 

*Mic drop*

Where do I pick up my check? 

4 hours ago, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

But there is very little incentive to use a parazon finisher outside of active farming. And there are also some very bad things that come from using a parazon finisher, like an unwanted lich. And since the finisher requires a very specific condition to proc normally it shouldn't even be a reflex.

I mean are you a low MR and using weapons that have high time-to-kill, thus making the parazon finisher more reliable? How did this reflex even become a thing?

Lmfao at this point you clearly just want attention. As if muscle memory requires a masters degree to understand. 

• Like 2