Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De-Lichification

rstripn

Hunting murmurs to kill a Lich that you don't care about is a uniquely boring Warframe experience. But having a way to get rid of Liches has two very big problems:

1) If it is not limited and/or earned then the whole Lich creation and selection process becomes meaningless.

2) It is not particularly easy to come up with ways to de-Lich that also fit the lore.

I have a few ideas I think address both points which I will post below, and I would really like to see ideas from others as well.

P.S. Seriously, what's with the finger? I neeeeed to knoooow.

Edited by rstripn

Idea 1: Kuva Weapon- Sever Continuity

Posted as part of a thread under weapons feedback. Incomplete and short version: each Kuva weapon mastered and/or consumed gives the ability to dismiss one Lich.

Pro: Gives meaning to extra ranks for Kuva weapons.

Idea 2: Anti-Nemesis

Use a converted Kuva Lich to remove your current lich. Basically give up an ally Lich by having it hunt down or otherwise distract your current one.

Pro: Gives extra use to the conversion system, which I imagine is underutilized since the addition of Weapon Fusion.

Idea 3: Trade Over-write v1

Allow a player with an existing Lich to accept a Lich in trade at the Crimson Branch. The current Lich is replaced by the one traded for.

Pro: In addition to giving extra use to Lich Conversion, this also facilitates trade.

Seeing a good deal for a Lich for sale in trade chat that you can't buy because you already have one is not a good thing.

Idea 4: Trade Over-write v2

Allow players to trade their current Lich to another player in the Crimson Branch.

Pro: Facilitates trade in a very different, I think very interesting way.

There are lots of times the Lich you have would be better for another player: e.g. the bonus is low so you don't really want the weapon, but someone else would love it just because it is a weapon they don't have or a damage type they prefer.

Edited by rstripn
typo

vor 42 Minuten schrieb rstripn:

1) If it is not limited and/or earned then the whole Lich creation and selection process becomes meaningless.

This is less of a process and more of rolling a 16 sided dice over and over again on the saturn capture. You can feel really proud of getting lucky if you want but that has nothing to do with earning something. Neither is getting the ephemera an achievement like they were initially described.

vor 46 Minuten schrieb rstripn:

2) It is not particularly easy to come up with ways to de-Lich that also fit the lore.

So what? Ingame lore should never be used as justification for a system to be bad. Even then with your own reply you proved that it wouldnt be difficult at all. The lore in this game is messed up anyway.

1 hour ago, WhiteMarker said:

Why did you create a Lich you don't care about? óÒ

1) I make Liches primarily in hopes they have better bonuses for weapons I've already mastered. I'm on Lich 30-something. The vast majority of those have been bonuses below 30%. Even with the Fusion process this means lots of times I make a Lich that will only increase my bonus by 3%. Does it have value? Sure. But it would be nice to have the option to occasionally skip a crummy roll.

(most recent example: 3x Kuva Drakgoon with bonuses of 25-26)

2) There are players that are only rolling Liches in hopes of a particular ephemera. In this case 80% of the time is spent on Liches with no gain. That's on average, it can be much worse; I didn't get an ephemera until my 22nd Lich, and have not yet gotten another.

P.S. On both counts the system is now far better than it used to be, for which I am very grateful. A 3% increase is better than none at all, and doubling the ephemera chance was a great move.

Edited by rstripn

1 hour ago, Drachnyn said:

This is less of a process and more of rolling a 16 sided dice over and over again on the saturn capture. You can feel really proud of getting lucky if you want but that has nothing to do with earning something. Neither is getting the ephemera an achievement like they were initially described.

So what? Ingame lore should never be used as justification for a system to be bad. Even then with your own reply you proved that it wouldnt be difficult at all. The lore in this game is messed up anyway.

1) Getting lucky with the roll isn't earning something. Putting in time to get -anything- is. It's currency. Right now there are limited ways to spend that currency. I'm suggesting adding some.

2) I'm justifying nothing. I'm talking about adding extra depth to an existing system. And the fact that I gave several relevant examples doesn't mean it's easy, it means I put some thought into my post before making it.

Edited by rstripn

From my perspective, the Ditch-Yer-Lich system should work like this:

1. It only works for getting rid of an “untouched” Lich - no murmurs gained, no missions run.

2. if you do it, you can’t make another Lich for seven days.

That’s it. No resource payment, no lore justification needed (aside maybe “Palladino works some space magic”). It’s just a tool to improve player experience, while preventing “abort-farming” liches. 

Edited by Ham_Grenabe

1 hour ago, Ham_Grenabe said:

From my perspective, the Ditch-Yer-Lich system should work like this:

1. It only works for getting rid of an “untouched” Lich - no murmurs gained, no missions run.

2. if you do it, you can’t make another Lich for seven days.

Any method would be an improvement, but I think your #2 would be a lot better off if it was you can only dismiss one Lich per week.

Disabling a portion of the game for a week doesn't seem like a particularly good idea from a game company economic standpoint.

54 minutes ago, rstripn said:

Any method would be an improvement, but I think your #2 would be a lot better off if it was you can only dismiss one Lich per week.

Disabling a portion of the game for a week doesn't seem like a particularly good idea from a game company economic standpoint.

Either way works for me; I suggested the "come back next week" idea because lockout timers are already a thing with Maroo, Clem, Simaris, Palladino's Riven Hut, etc.

Edited by Ham_Grenabe