Jump to content
Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Viral damage and Vectis


rs_sakuras
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hey!

Just wanna make sure i'm not completly wrong on how Status effects apply.

As vectis having high status chance easily hitting 100% and high crit, while only being single shot weapon though you don't easily think of viral damage.

And i know Viral isn't the strongest damage type and is usually paired with slash. 

But i was wondering does the Status effects apply before or after damage pop? As if it applies before, Viral would essentially double the vectis damage?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

thesedays, Status Effects are all applied after Damage. with Multi-Shot that doesn't mean you may not get Viral on the first Shot anyways though.

once upon a time they were applied before, which when Condition Overload was released made it much easier to tell that Status was applied before Damage. sometime since then things changed, though.

14 minutes ago, Diangelius said:

You don't play status with Sniper, you go full damage without any status mod like 60/60 ones.

Sniper Rifles can be Status applicators, it just depends on what Status. Gas/Slash is good on anything that hits hard, and Sniper Rifles certainly do. Viral doesn't hurt either.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Diangelius said:

You don't play status with Sniper, you go full damage without any status mod like 60/60 ones.

They have combo count => damage up like old melee 2.0

I don't quite agree with that. Even if Viral applies after damage, with vectis it's still pretty powerfull Status effect for it. Don't get stuck with lvl 100 enemies game provides you. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, rs_sakuras said:

Don't get stuck with lvl 100 enemies game provides you. 

What is that supposed to mean?

It's not just about viral applying before damage or not. You also want to make your damage to be reliable and you won't get a reliable viral proc on a sniper rifle. This is the case, even if you have 100% status chance. On other weapon types it is less important to get the same amount of damage with every single shot, because you get more and the subsequent shots benefit from the status effects you got before.
The best way to get reliable damage is to get more multishot or to push your crit chance just above 100%.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, gluih said:

What is that supposed to mean?

It's not just about viral applying before damage or not. You also want to make your damage to be reliable and you won't get a reliable viral proc on a sniper rifle. This is the case, even if you have 100% status chance. On other weapon types it is less important to get the same amount of damage with every single shot, because you get more and the subsequent shots benefit from the status effects you got before.
The best way to get reliable damage is to get more multishot or to push your crit chance just above 100%.

It's supposed to mean that lvl 100 enemies can be killed with stug if you want.

Also currently i do have 101% crt chance, +200% multishot and 98.?% status chance on vectis

Edited by rs_sakuras
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I love my vectis. A really reliable weapon anyway you build it. 

 

I think a lot of people are underestimating the combo builder, and various builds it can hold.

Punch through and gas on lined up groups is fine. Viral is pretty obvious, bolt action fast reloading. This and my Hydroid right after planes were my best buds. Tentacle distractions over there, shoot them over here... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, (NSW)Evilpricetag said:

I love my vectis. A really reliable weapon anyway you build it. 

 

I think a lot of people are underestimating the combo builder, and various builds it can hold.

Punch through and gas on lined up groups is fine. Viral is pretty obvious, bolt action fast reloading. This and my Hydroid right after planes were my best buds. Tentacle distractions over there, shoot them over here... 

Vectis + Primed Chamber + Gauss/Wisp = Meme worthy....it really really hurts.   I got a decent minus zoom riven for my vectis.  Going to enjoy my new found DPS.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, rs_sakuras said:

Hey!

Just wanna make sure i'm not completly wrong on how Status effects apply.

As vectis having high status chance easily hitting 100% and high crit, while only being single shot weapon though you don't easily think of viral damage.

And i know Viral isn't the strongest damage type and is usually paired with slash. 

But i was wondering does the Status effects apply before or after damage pop? As if it applies before, Viral would essentially double the vectis damage?

Vectis is an impact weapon. I wouldnt go with 100 status either. 50% + is good enough. Viral dmg applies after the shot.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...