Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe concept - Mono

Foreword

Spoiler

My previous design was hastilly made (kunoichi).
It was a failure, and thus I returned to the drawing board.

The concept remains the same.
I intended to build a warframe, that interacts more with negative effects of enemies.
One of those enemies, being nullifiers in mind.

While all other frames either shoot the bubble, or can jump in harmlessly to melee the target.
I wanted to create a frame, that actually wants it's abilities to be disabled by them.
Incentivising the frame to enter these hazards, and get a benefit from it instead.

This means, that the regular active efects, had to be lowered in it's value.
You really want the enemy to affect you, to receive maximum effect.
Yet being just: 'this ability now drains energy and is active', there are also moments, where no such sources are near.
So a little effect, is mandatory.

Here is the reworked project: Mono

Renamed, as it did no longer fit the other one's theme.
Mono now is built completely around it's Japanese meaning, mono no aware.
As on the wikipedia page:

Spoiler

Mono no aware (物の哀れ), literally "the pathos of things", and also translated as "an empathy toward things", or "a sensitivity to ephemera", is a Japanese term for the awareness of impermanence (無常, mujō), or transience of things, and both a transient gentle sadness (or wistfulness) at their passing as well as a longer, deeper gentle sadness about this state being the reality of life. "Mono-no aware: the ephemeral nature of beauty – the quietly elated, bittersweet feeling of having been witness to the dazzling circus of life – knowing that none of it can last. It’s basically about being both saddened and appreciative of transience – and also about the relationship between life and death. In Japan, there are four very distinct seasons, and you really become aware of life and mortality and transience. You become aware of how significant those moments are.

The phrase is derived from the Japanese word mono (), which means "thing", and aware (哀れ), which was a Heian period expression of measured surprise (similar to "ah" or "oh"), translating roughly as "pathos", "poignancy", "deep feeling", "sensitivity", or "awareness".

Mono has been built up, with this as theme in mind, for the abilities.

Turned into an energy hungry frame.
It really wants you to run out of energy, to get special benefits.
And if your enemies turn them off, they become even stronger.

It took me more than a week of brainstorming, to come up with something that is not overpowered.
Actually putting more time and effort into it this time.
The results are of dedication and hard work to get it right.

Also, if any 'red flags' raise.
Please give me feedback, of how to improve that ability.
What your thoughts would be.

So I can further finetune.
Instead of merely getting replies like: 'this is bad, that is bad. I am bad and I should feel bad.'

I thank you kindly in advance. :heart:

The frame

Mono

Shield (100) 300
Health (75) 225
Armor 90
Energy 200 (300)

Passive:

When an ability is deactivated by sources other than Mono, that effect is doubled.

Spoiler

(manual deactivation has regular effect. As well as running out of energy naturally.)
(Forceful deactivation also includes friendly fire, downing the frame.
And energy being emptied, due to enemies like leech eximi or magnetic procs.)

1 Harmony (defensive)

cost 50 6/6/5/4/s
Create a spirit that orbits Mono. Healing 1/1/2/3 damage per second to all nearby.
If Mono or an ally become downed, the spirit will stop healing, and revive* the target. Sacrificing after success.
If meditation is also active, the orb returns to Mono instead. (and resumes it's heal duty)
* Revive speed is dependant on strength. Starting at base 50% slower  than regular speed with 100% strength)

Disable to give Mono and nearby allies, 30% Status resist for 5/6/7/8 seconds. Consuming the orb in the process.

2 Meditation (defensive)

Cost 50 4/3/2/s
Enemies knocking you or a nearby ally down, become knocked over as well.
200 Impact damage.
If Causality is also active, you and nearby allies cannot be knocked down. (yet enemies are still affected, if it otherwise would).

If disabled, knock down enemies within 15m.

3 Causality (offensive)

cost 50 5/4/3/s
While active, If frame gets damaged by status effects, also return that damage to owner at 35% of it's value.
If Harmony is also active, you receive 30% less damage from that source.

Spoiler

This also applies to allies going crazy, while radiation procced!!! - which results in 70% returned (since they are a source, other than Mono, deactivating the ability, by downing their ally)
Forcing ability 4-happy frames, to actually pay attention in radiation hazard missions.
Instead of mowing allies down, and not reviving them.

Causality: you get what you give.

When ability is disabled, frame and allies are healed for 50%.
(full heal if enemy does it)

4 Awareness (offensive)

cost 50 8/7/6/s
Mono starts dancing, a tribute to life and death.
Movement speed is reduced by 35% and you become immune to knockdown.
Damage received is reduced by 40%.

If harmony is also active, you and all nearby allies receive 30% damage reduction (stacks with the 40% for Mono to 70%).
If meditation is also active, enemies within 4m, get knocked down as long as they remain this close (repeated fumbling).
If causality is also active, Mono and nearby allies become immune to status effects.

When awareness is disabled, create a patch over 6/7/8m, duration 6 seconds
the patch deals 10%/20%/30% of max health of enemies, as toxin damage.
The patch cannot be nullified.

Spoiler

This ensures death of nullifiers within 2 seconds, if jumping in their bubble to force them to deacitvate-trigger - 60% toxin damage over 2 seconds, and it is their weakness.
All other enemies receive most likely less, depending on resistances/weaknesses. Makes Mono especially efficient vs Corpus, but weaker vs grineer/infested and Corpus mechs.
Also keep in mind, that manual deactivation/running out of energy normally - so no energy leech effect - only results in the basic 30%.
Significantly losing it's damage potential, and lowering incentive to use it, when no enemy is near, with such abilities.
Although stalker is weak to toxin, he recieves a reduced damage ammount when deactivating Awareness.

The % cannot be raised above 30%, BUT can be lowered with the use of power donation, for example.
Keep this in mind, when lowering Mono's strength below 100%

* The (offensive)/(defensive) tags, are only triggered by their respectful Comba units.

Concept art, of Mono performing her dance (ability 4).

Spoiler

hdAZNpy.png

38 minutes ago, Lukarith said:

All channeling abilities. That is actually a neat idea.

Thank you very much. ^^

I also made them strengthen each other.
Receiving a bonus, when another one is also active
So running with multiple, is a strong reason the choose for an even more stressing energy drain

With a grand finale, when outside sources disable these abilities.
Taking enemy negative effects, and turning them into something beneficial instead

I do like the idea, wish DE made it possible to field test it as well somehow

There is 2 ways to get immune to knockdown, this by using Causality and Meditation or just Awareness. Is there any special effect if you manage to have all 3 active at the same time? and are all the bonuses active if all 4 abilities is active .. let say Mono seem a bit tanky, and she uses mods that supply her with higher survivability
while also using Hunter Adrenaline. This can in theory allow enough energy to keep al abilities active. If that is also possible, wont Mono be able to keep Harmony up and essentially make it unkillable?

I am just wondering because I was so intrigued by you post that I was already stating modding the frame in my mind

Good job, would like to hear more detail soon :)

-Wrathy

The frame will have some good defenses when all 4 are active at a time.
Which is basically what the player would want to go for first.
Getting partial tankyness, so you can at least position yourself somewhere favourable.

The best thing that Mono would want, is to then have all these abilities, be deactivated by enemy sources.
It's where the true strength lies.

The frame is basically meant, to support nearby frames.
I was even thinking, of letting an ability, disable all enemy auras for 7 seconds (14 if the enemy does it).
Maybe replacing one of the knockback resistance effects instead.
Resulting in energy leeches, triggering the ability, by emptying the entire energy pool.
This would then end in a 14 seconds pause moment, for frames like Oberon, to gather some energy again.

My recent arbitration made it clear, this would be very welcome.
As hallowed ground does not protect Oberon against those auras.
Making me struggle to gather some energy, when they emptied my pool again in mere seconds.
Teaming both frames together, would give that longevity towards surviving arbitrations even further.

But other frames would also be great in grouping up.

Hunter adrenaline would then indeed, be a good mod to have on.
But since the tankyness comes from deactivated by abilites, mostly due to energy running out.
And the effects being only regular, if no outside source (just normally running out of energy instead) would deplete your pool.

Constantly running the abilities, with an endless energy restore, kind of counters the intent, on having the enemy trigger their own doom.
Leaving Mono, in much weaker state.
So you'd want to avoid enemy fire, if intending to trigger the deactivation effect.

Definately a good question.
Hope this info was the answer you where looking for. :heart:

A very good reply thanks 🙂

The Warframe does sound very great for team play indeed.

My actual focus lies on the first ability. I think it can be exploited for infinity revives. But maybe you can put on a timer. Sadly this can also be countered by using rolling guard.. dependent on the amount of time the cooldown is you can even use OP to take the timer if it is a short one. It is kinda hard to know what to use as counter because the community has some crafty ways to get around. Anyway, so you can still use all other abilities as intended but infinite revives vs 30%(/60%) status resists is where I as solo player will rather take the revives. Although in team play I will take the status because people can revive me. I can also use Adaption so that I can still get some nice resists in solo

I personally would love the waframe but with unkillable possible, I dont know if DE would approve. Wukong was able to use ability that will make him not die and then DE changed it.. I love the new Wukong btw 🙂

The rest is so great and I actually want to start playing with Mono already. The aura disabling sound cool. after a long survival almost everything wants your energy.. mostly damn infested.  A nice time to be able to get some energy and keep the abilities running would be great 😄

I dont know if I am overthinking the first ability, but hope you can see why I am pointing it out 🙂

Thanks for fast reply
-Wrathy

With the feedback, and personal experience in higher lvl missions.
Mono's abilities have been tweaked a little bit.

This is the result:

Mono

Shield (100) 300
Health (75) 225
Armor 90
Energy 200 (300)

Passive:

When an ability is deactivated by sources other than Mono, that effect is doubled.

Spoiler

(manual deactivation has regular effect. As well as running out of energy naturally.)
(Forceful deactivation also includes friendly fire, downing the frame.
And energy being emptied, due to enemies like leech eximi or magnetic procs.)

1 Harmony (defensive)

cost 50 6/6/5/4/s
Create a spirit that orbits Mono. Healing 1/1/2/3 damage per second to all nearby.
If Mono or an ally become downed, the spirit will stop healing, and hover over the victim, slowing enemies in a 7m radius around the target.
If meditation is also active, the orb puts enemies in a 10m radius to sleep instead.
Effect lasts for 50% of the target's bleedout duration.*
When the victim is revived, the the orb resumes it's heal duty.

If disabled:
Consume the orb, making it spread a healing patch that lasts for 10 seconds.
Range 7/7/8/9m
Heal 10/10/11/12 health/second.

Spoiler

* The duration for the bleedout state, adjusts it's length if someone is modded with undying will.
Making coordinated teamplay with this + the provoked mod, a viable strategy.
It also can turn downed pets/moas, into strategical targets.
The orb also remains at it's initial target, if more than 1 ally are in bleedout state.
It will continue to the nearest one, once the victim has been revived.

Mono cannot exploit the ability on herself.
The orb will be consumed, and leave a healing patch. Which has no effect on downed targets.
Only your sentinel/moa/pet and allies, will benefit from this healing effect.

2 Meditation (defensive)

Cost 50 4/3/2/s
Enemies within 10m, cannot use special abilities.*
If Causality is also active, enemies knocking you or an ally down, become knocked over themselves as well.
(When the target is not knocked down. i.e. Atlas, Gauss, Mono's own Awareness ability... this effect does not trigger.)

If disabled:
Enemies with an aura in a 12m radius, lose that ability for 7 seconds.**

Spoiler

* This includes frost eximus shields, commander teleports, Terra shield ospreys, etc...
The enemy can still attack like normal.
** This ensures enemies no longer benefit from their eximus immunity/extra damage.
Enemy energy leeches cannot drain you or your team's pools, allowing everyone to regain their strength.
Enemy energy leeches draining Mono empty, count as an outside source, doubling the duration and radius.

Nox is unaffected by any of these. Unless when it's an eximus, where only the aura is affected.
His noxious cloud from his broken mask remains.

3 Causality (offensive)

cost 50 5/4/3/s
While active, If frame gets damaged by status effects, also return that damage to owner at 35% of it's value.
(Also applies to allies going crazy, while radiation procced!!!)
If Harmony is also active, you receive 30% less damage from that source.

If disabled:
For each status effect affecting Mono.
Add that element as 15% bonus damage to you and your allies' attacks for 6 seconds.

4 Awareness (offensive)

cost 50 8/7/6/s
Mono starts dancing, a tribute to life and death.
Movement speed is reduced by 35% and you become immune to knockdown.
Damage received is reduced by 40%.

If harmony is also active, you and all nearby allies receive 30% damage reduction (stacks with the 40% for Mono to 70%).
If meditation is also active, Mono and nearby allies receive a status resistance of 30%.
If causality is also active, enemies receive the damage they inflict. (You and your team, still get the full brunt of this too)

If disabled:
Create a patch over 6/7/8m, duration 6 seconds

Spoiler

(This ensures death of nullifiers within 2 seconds, if jumping in their bubble to force them to deacitvate-trigger - 60% toxin damage over 2 seconds, and it is their weakness.
All other enemies receive most likely less, depending on resistances/weaknesses. Makes Mono especially efficient vs Corpus, but weaker vs grineer/infested.
Also keep in mind, that manual deactivation/running out of energy normally - so no energy leech effect - only results in the basic 30%.
Significantly losing it's damage potential, and lowering incentive to use it, when no enemy is near, with such abilities.)
Although stalker is weak to toxin, he recieves a reduced damage ammount when deactivating Awareness.

The (offensive)/(defensive) tags, are only triggered by their respectful Comba units.

To summarize:

If Mono has all 4 abilities active at the same time.
And then runs out of energy, the effects are:

• consume the orb, making it spread a healing patch that lasts for 10 seconds.
    Range 7/7/8/9m
    Heal 10/10/11/12 health/second.
  • Enemies with an aura in a 12m radius, lose that ability for 7 seconds.
  • For each status effect affecting Mono.
    Add that element as 15% bonus damage to attacks for 6 seconds.
  • create a patch over 6/7/8m, duration 6 seconds

While this is quite the bonus, their short duration and high mana costs, avoid exploiting or having an overpowered frame.

The effects double when outside sources disable your abilities.
Outside sources translates into: Being downed, getting magnetic procced (and hitting 0 energy because of it),stalker, nullifier bubbles and energy leech enemies.

While hunter Adrenaline/Rage seems like a good way to regain energy.
Keep in mind, that Mono is very fragile to begin with.
With only 90 armor and 225 health (555 if modded with vitality), abuse is strongly discouraged.
Positioning, calculating and timing are required, to get a nice flow going.

Tanky frames are encouraged to protect, untill Mono is ready to strike.