Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please add some sort of acolyte indication and bring back misery acolyte.

(PSN)Toolriz

I hear the reasoning behind getting rid of misery was because the drop table was diluted. I don’t see why anyone would complain of getting another possibility or opportunity to get these mods no matter what the chance it’s better then no chance at all. Also there should be some indication like whispering or message that tells you that acolyte has left the tile. Kind of stinks running around looking for an acolyte that isn’t even on the tile however I have to look at hub or u won’t know it is gone.

Edited by (PS4)Toolriz
Details and explanation
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, (PS4)Toolriz said:

Kind of stinks running around looking for an acolyte that isn’t even on the tile

it tells you in navigation where they are though.. wait until it has a node location for that acolyte, then do the mission. if you go in at that point it's a guaranteed spawn, you just need to find the room where the Acolyte is.

would be ncie to fight Misery again though, and good for people wanting his Codex scans.

1 minute ago, JackHargreav said:

I personally don't see the reason behind acolytes.

None of the mods seem to be worth it.

The melee combo mods are mandatory in Melee 3.0 if you are a Naramon user.

Only good thing Naramon has, is the combo passive.

Combos 12x don't do anything, unless you have acolyte mods.

I wish I knew that before I picked up my first focus school... I went with Naramon because it looked like it was the "tactics" school, but it is just a stupid and crappy melee school that require Acolyte grinding to be minimally functional.

14 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

it tells you in navigation where they are though.. wait until it has a node location for that acolyte, then do the mission. if you go in at that point it's a guaranteed spawn, you just need to find the room where the Acolyte is.

would be ncie to fight Misery again though, and good for people wanting his Codex scans.

Sometimes, you get in a game, accessed straight from the Navigation Alert for an Acolyte and then waste some good minutes searching the entire map only to find out that the Acolyte had moved on. Idk why it's like that and not make it work like Arbitration that if you entered at the last 5 seconds, the mission doesn't change to the new arbitration mission. Or as stated, at least make an in-mission notification that the acolyte had left the node/planet.

4 hours ago, OrSpeeder said:

The melee combo mods are mandatory in Melee 3.0 if you are a Naramon user.

Only good thing Naramon has, is the combo passive.

Combos 12x don't do anything, unless you have acolyte mods.

I wish I knew that before I picked up my first focus school... I went with Naramon because it looked like it was the "tactics" school, but it is just a stupid and crappy melee school that require Acolyte grinding to be minimally functional.

Yeah. Honestly I don't see the reason to have this event for three or two useful mods once a year.

Meanwhile the ghouls event has more useful mods and it comes back after two weeks.

• Like 1

Ghouls my beef with it is that it is hellishly buggy, I keep getting locked when not enough Ghouls spawn when I need to kill 30 of them or so.

Also it made my warframe crash too.

And while I am desperately trying to get DE attention about the bugs... event ends because veteran players kill all ghouls too quickly 😞

6 hours ago, (PS4)Toolriz said:

Also there should be some indication like whispering or message that tells you that acolyte has left the tile. Kind of stinks running around looking for an acolyte that isn’t even on the tile however I have to look at hub or u won’t know it is gone.

5 hours ago, Yxivi said:

Sometimes, you get in a game, accessed straight from the Navigation Alert for an Acolyte and then waste some good minutes searching the entire map only to find out that the Acolyte had moved on. Idk why it's like that and not make it work like Arbitration that if you entered at the last 5 seconds, the mission doesn't change to the new arbitration mission. Or as stated, at least make an in-mission notification that the acolyte had left the node/planet.

AFAIK this is impossible and you guys just didn't check every closet. If you load into the mission while the Acolyte is still on the planet, you are guaranteed an Acolyte spawn as long as you check every room

• Like 1

Right there is no indication in the mission they really still there. It happens all the time to the frustration of many when searching and up don’t know if someone missed a room or the acolyte is gone. Sometimes they r and sometimes people extract thinking it is. Should be some kind of tell. It wouldn’t be difficult to do something about this. Happens every year and not always are u staring at the list when one pops up lol so I don’t know when it’s about to leave then u spawn unknowingly it’s gone already and u are wasting your time scouring every room for something that isn’t even there.. It really isn’t hard to come up with something. I know I’m not alone in feeling this way.

Edited by (PS4)Toolriz
Auto spell correction

When you click on a mission node:

1. there is the timer countdown
  2. then the screen zooms in on the node while fading into darkness
  3. and the screen goes black to start the actual loading

During 1 and 2 you can cancel this process at any moment and instantly be back in your orbiter; the mission has NOT loaded in yet. It does this at 3.

The acolyte CAN disappear during these critical last seconds of step 1 and 2. It has happened to me only twice throughout the years of acolyte hunting. The odds of such bad luck timing is very low, but it's not impossible. You have to keep the acolyte mission menu open during the mission starting process to notice if the planet name next to their name doesn't instantly change to "unknown location". Otherwise you'll waste your time searching every room for something that isn't there.

• Like 1

misery is honestly a bit of a problem, it was more or less the end boss on a defense mission, i think at the end wave her would spawn and bring all the the others back using shadow of the dead, though it been so long ago that i cant remember the spesifics.

i dont think he can work correctly outside the defense mission?

21 hours ago, (PS4)Toolriz said:

I hear the reasoning behind getting rid of misery was because the drop table was diluted.

Nope, it's just a bug. 

11 hours ago, (PS4)Toolriz said:

Right there is no indication in the mission they really still there.

What do you mean by this? If it says the Acolyte's in the node when you start the mission, it will be there. It's just like an Alert or a Fissure.

Edited by (XB1)Erudite Prime

hace 7 horas, BloodKitten dijo:

misery is honestly a bit of a problem, it was more or less the end boss on a defense mission, i think at the end wave her would spawn and bring all the the others back using shadow of the dead, though it been so long ago that i cant remember the spesifics.

i dont think he can work correctly outside the defense mission?

Misery was just a Nekros spectre that spammed SoD, instead of bringing back normal enemies, he brough back the other Acolytes as shadows. Doesn't sound like it would be extra problematic, considering Nekros uses SoD where he wants to, but it might be a bug with the AI or something, when taken outside of that Defense mission.

Edited by Xolot